New iRiver AK70
Aug 26, 2016 at 1:57 AM Post #481 of 1,293
I tried this player last week when I was in Moscow at the store Doctor Head. It sounds I think almost like AK Jr. I just listen for few minutes so can't give exact verdict but could not found any big difference. 

I tested AK Jr and AK70 at Doctorhead before buying.
As I wrote before about my impression:

"Upgraded to AK70 from Cowon J3.
Thought about AK Jr for a long time. But didn't see much difference between Cowon's JetEffects and Jr. Now I see that Ak 70 really big upgrade. Sound's quality is awesome for me."

I think AK70 and Jr differ by sound quality.

Отправлено с моего XT1095 через Tapatalk

Aug 26, 2016 at 5:09 AM Post #482 of 1,293
I tested AK Jr and AK70 at Doctorhead before buying.
As I wrote before about my impression:

"Upgraded to AK70 from Cowon J3.
Thought about AK Jr for a long time. But didn't see much difference between Cowon's JetEffects and Jr. Now I see that Ak 70 really big upgrade. Sound's quality is awesome for me."

I think AK70 and Jr differ by sound quality.

Отправлено с моего XT1095 через Tapatalk

Yes AK70 may be better because as I said I got chance to listen only for few minutes. I was at Doctorhead for searching an amp for my Pioneer XDP-100r but found none and the store guy suggested me to buy a new player instead buying an amp and gave me AK70 to try but I end up buying a new set of RHA (T20) earphones as I already have so many players. But it's a good store for music lovers.. 

Aug 26, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #484 of 1,293
Received my AK70. Nice player. Very light, but damn I don't like that color at all. Good sound and very powerful little dap too.

I love the colour personally, I usually detest green but the shade of mint is subtle without being boring and I think it looks great. The general look of the 70 is fantastic in my opinion. Interesting how tastes differ! Glad to hear it sounds good though.

Aug 26, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #485 of 1,293
Awesome to hear all these impressions.  I recently traded in my AK100II for an AK70 (due to the smaller size, weight, newer screen, and increased power) and I am excited to get mine in.

Just to anyone who has tried both how the AK100II and AK70 compare in build quality?  I really loved how tactile the buttons were on the AK100II and if its around the same quality then it would be an extremely good buy.

Aug 26, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #486 of 1,293
This AK70 is doing successfully .. are very fond to my AK100 .. but I am very tempted to see this ... AK70 comparisons of sound for both for those who try it ..
smile_phones.gif

Aug 26, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #487 of 1,293
Ak70 or Cayin I5? I'm buying a need DAP in a few months. Need gapless; don't need streaming or Wi-Fi at all. I think that the Cayin uses the AK4490 DAC which is also used in some of the more expensive AK models. Any inputs or comparisons guys?

Aug 26, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #488 of 1,293
Ak70 or Cayin I5? I'm buying a need DAP in a few months. Need gapless; don't need streaming or Wi-Fi at all. I think that the Cayin uses the AK4490 DAC which is also used in some of the more expensive AK models. Any inputs or comparisons guys?

Looked at the opus bit one as well in that price range? No wifi or streaming, dual micro sd slots. AK70 I read has issues with gapless as does the cayin sadly.  Cayin has already said in the other thread that gapless is a low priority to fix.  

Aug 26, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #490 of 1,293
Looked at the opus bit one as well in that price range? No wifi or streaming, dual micro sd slots. AK70 I read has issues with gapless as does the cayin sadly.  Cayin has already said in the other thread that gapless is a low priority to fix.  

Thanks. I'll be looking at the Opus. It's a shame both the Ak and the I5 are having problems with gapless playback, specially in that price range

Aug 27, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #493 of 1,293
Thanks for the info. But in that case, I'd have to re-rip my CDs, right?
Unfortunately, yes. You can use iTunes to rip to single file and EAC to create the cue file. It's a pain in the butt, but I'm REALLY fussy about gapless and I will go to these lengths to achieve it. In my experience, only Sony and Apple players achieve true seamless gapless playback of separate tracks. I resort to the above routine to play mixed albums on my qp1r.
Alternatively, there's a program called Hydrogen Audio Joiner which can produce single files and cue sheets from tracks ripped separately.

Aug 27, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #494 of 1,293
Thanks for the info. But in that case, I'd have to re-rip my CDs, right?

IF you do, I highly recommend the AK Ripper. What this thing does to the CD´s is a miracle to me. It´s constructed to be immune against all influences on the ripping process. When I listened to the first ripped CD on my AK300/Amp combo, I thought I listened to vinyl. It´s that good.

Aug 27, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #495 of 1,293
Unfortunately, yes. You can use iTunes to rip to single file and EAC to create the cue file. It's a pain in the butt, but I'm REALLY fussy about gapless and I will go to these lengths to achieve it. In my experience, only Sony and Apple players achieve true seamless gapless playback of separate tracks. I resort to the above routine to play mixed albums on my qp1r.
Alternatively, there's a program called Hydrogen Audio Joiner which can produce single files and cue sheets from tracks ripped separately.

Couldn't find the Audio joiner. Do you have a link? My new pc case doesn't have 5.25" drive bays sadly, so I'll have to buy an external cd drive.

It seems Android is having problems with gapless playback. My Note 4 worked like a charm in kitkat and lollipop, but after the 6.0.1 update gapless is gone. Had to buy poweramp, I'm starting to hate this OS

IF you do, I highly recommend the AK Ripper. What this thing does to the CD´s is a miracle to me. It´s constructed to be immune against all influences on the ripping process. When I listened to the first ripped CD on my AK300/Amp combo, I thought I listened to vinyl. It´s that good.

Thanks, unfortunately is out of my budget right now. I'll need to buy a cheap external drive to rip new cds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back