New Ipods on September the 5th!!
Sep 5, 2007 at 3:06 AM Post #136 of 351
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
160 Gb and the possibility of being iModded would put me in line tomorrow.
icon10.gif
Of course no way to know about the 2nd wish untill Vinnie has had a chance to check one out.

As long as it doesn't have a small 8GB flash drive, I'll be checking it out
biggrin.gif

Sep 5, 2007 at 3:19 AM Post #137 of 351
Quote:

Originally Posted by spraggih /img/forum/go_quote.gif
allows me to type in notes and store electronic books...and has voice recording features and either works with my iPod radio remote or has radio remote features...

If it comes with a touchscreen, I'm really hoping for a virtual keypad. My earlier assumptions of editing playlists and tags seem a bit farfetched since this would have already been done with older iPods with the clickwheel. Apple wants us to utilize iTunes for that. Song/Tag searching (and simple note taking) would really come in handy with a virtual keypad (I still don’t understand why they crippled the iPhone’s search feature). For voice recording or FM radio, same analysis - if it was possible last year and it wasn't implemented, the chances are slim as well. You'd have to utilize a 3rd party accessory. iPod engineers doesn’t really care how other DAPs and PMPs feature their units. The iPods had been very successful with its minimalist simplicity and unless the market drive for a feature is too fierce (like what Sony would say about its catching up to the "age of video"), the iPods would continue its sleek simplicity move at its own pace and feature updates.

I really hope the rumour of the 3.5 inch screen with high capacity would materialize. The top of the line iPods design is two years old and marketingly speaking, they need to keep the momentum of the iPods, regardless of the iPhone's success. Its about time.

Sep 5, 2007 at 3:30 AM Post #138 of 351
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinnie R. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As long as it doesn't have a small 8GB flash drive, I'll be checking it out
biggrin.gif

600smile.gif
WOW!!!! We heard it from the MAN himself. Can't wait, Vinnie.
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif

Sep 5, 2007 at 1:12 PM Post #140 of 351
Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcusL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it comes with a touchscreen, I'm really hoping for a virtual keypad. My earlier assumptions of editing playlists and tags seem a bit farfetched since this would have already been done with older iPods with the clickwheel. Apple wants us to utilize iTunes for that. Song/Tag searching (and simple note taking) would really come in handy with a virtual keypad (I still don’t understand why they crippled the iPhone’s search feature)

I really hope the rumour of the 3.5 inch screen with high capacity would materialize. The top of the line iPods design is two years old and marketingly speaking, they need to keep the momentum of the iPods, regardless of the iPhone's success. Its about time.

Thanks for responding. How could you create a playlist with the click wheel without a keyboard/keyed entry? Suppose I wanted to create a playlist entitled "Love Songs" and my criteria was all songs with the word "Love" in them and My rating was five stars and the bit rate was above 128. That would be very difficult if not too laborous (sp?) to do with a clickwheel, right?

I too am hoping for a 3.5" high capacity iPod. We will know in a few hours.

OT: It seems a little silly to be so excited about spending money on a piece of technology that will be obscelete (sp?) in a year or so.
wink.gif

Sep 5, 2007 at 2:59 PM Post #143 of 351
Quote:

Thanks for responding. How could you create a playlist with the click wheel without a keyboard/keyed entry? Suppose I wanted to create a playlist entitled "Love Songs" and my criteria was all songs with the word "Love" in them and My rating was five stars and the bit rate was above 128. That would be very difficult if not too laborous (sp?) to do with a clickwheel, right?

Utilizing the ZVM's vertical trackpad (which IMO is less speedier than a clickwheel), it only takes a few seconds to make a new playlist on the go.
wink.gif

Quote:

OT: It seems a little silly to be so excited about spending money on a piece of technology that will be obscelete (sp?) in a year or so.
wink.gif

Well, in a few months time, 3.5 inch touchscreens in slimmer form factors will be in no-name brands floating from China as usual (Meizu?). Touchscreens are not exactly new technology. Technology runs at breakneck speed and if you'll think about having obsolete stuff, you may not be able to buy anything as you keep on waiting. The Zune is coming with better wi-fi... Cowon X7... updated VibeZ...
eggosmile.gif
. Living in a cave without access to internet and forums has its previleges. Stick with what you have. I'm still happy with my D303 pcdp and I doubt any DAP can surpass its line-out sq these days but I wont mind another iMod, and a 3.5 inch touchscreen at that
biggrin.gif

Sep 5, 2007 at 3:23 PM Post #146 of 351
I don't know if this is technically possible, but wouldn't it be great to have a product that looked like a 60GB HDD to an iPod but was actually a dummy HDD that you could plug 4 16GB SD cards into -- making my 60GB 4G iPod a 64GB flash-enabled monster. No moving parts, no failed drives, and super-fast load times.

Is that technically feasible?

Sep 5, 2007 at 3:24 PM Post #147 of 351
10 am pacific...good or bad, it all starts

Sep 5, 2007 at 3:29 PM Post #148 of 351
Quote:

Originally Posted by DominicKarma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no, leave the flash to the nano (unless we're talking about a 64gb flash ipod)

I want a nice high capacity DAP from apple

agreed. but i wonder if we'll see the widescreen ipod with both a high-capacity HDD and flash...

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcusL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, in a few months time, 3.5 inch touchscreens in slimmer form factors will be in no-name brands floating from China as usual (Meizu?). Touchscreens are not exactly new technology. Technology runs at breakneck speed and if you'll think about having obsolete stuff, you may not be able to buy anything as you keep on waiting. The Zune is coming with better wi-fi... Cowon X7... updated VibeZ...
eggosmile.gif
. Living in a cave without access to internet and forums has its previleges. Stick with what you have. I'm still happy with my D303 pcdp and I doubt any DAP can surpass its line-out sq these days but I wont mind another iMod, and a 3.5 inch touchscreen at that
biggrin.gif

the zune? did you seriously mention the zune?
wink.gif

Sep 5, 2007 at 3:58 PM Post #149 of 351
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickknutson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm willing to bet the bigger iPods that get unvieled today are going to be $500+...$450 minimum.

Sweet! And don't be surprised if the biggest capacity would be announced at $399. Just a wild guess.
attachment.php

ONE HOUR TO GO!!!

Sep 5, 2007 at 4:01 PM Post #150 of 351
There's at least one likely error in that graphic (Red Shuffle), so I'm not sure how trustworthy the rest is.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back