New Ipods on September the 5th!!
Sep 7, 2007 at 9:49 PM Post #347 of 351
Actually, yeah, your right. Bad news for me. Turns out that it is hard for me to justify the dramatic increase in cost for a bit of improvement and a different sound signature. Especially when you throw in all of the classics improvements. This bites, ce'st le vie.
frown.gif

Sep 7, 2007 at 11:03 PM Post #348 of 351
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordXenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ummm...No...

The only problem with upgrading the Touch would most likely be if the flash is embded in the circut board...Then it would be much, harder...

There is no flash slot in the iTouch so swapping out would not be "easy"-- it would be a hack- because you would have to pop open iTouch (difficult enough for the mass consumer and would void the warranty) and then locate the flash and then hope there is no software tied to the flash that limits how much memory it can read.

Then to your point-- if it is tied to the other components it gets even harder.

No a remedial task even if not attached to other components.

My opinion at least.

Sep 8, 2007 at 4:15 PM Post #349 of 351
Well, if the sound is actually more closely related to the 1st gen shuffle, then I will be very happy with my iPod. I already own the first gen shuffle which when combined with my previously owned super.fi pros first brought me into headfi. It will probably always be my ultra portable, second would be the iMod, third would be the iMod with Corda Move, and my transportable is the iMod with vCap dock and Move.

I REALLY want to know if the 160 GB hard drive will not only double my storage, but give me better battery life IF it works. I'm going to be switching the two through Vinnie by Christmas if so and if possible.

Sep 8, 2007 at 7:19 PM Post #350 of 351
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, if the sound is actually more closely related to the 1st gen shuffle, then I will be very happy with my iPod. ...

Same here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back