New Ipods on September the 5th!!
Sep 6, 2007 at 3:01 AM Post #316 of 351
I'm torn between the iPodtouch and the dropped price on the iPhone.

The iPodtouch has everything I'm looking for but I'd love to have access to the web anywhere and google maps on the iPhone comes handy.

the downside is, I don't really want the phone...just the online capabilities and I'd be paying $20 extra on top of my AT&T bill. Worth it?

Will there be anyway to recieve wifi anywhere yet?

Sep 6, 2007 at 3:17 AM Post #319 of 351
Quote:

Originally Posted by spraggih /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're probably right-- general market consumers will be more than satisfied with 16gb for the thin form factor and elegance of the iTouch.

GM consumers who love to watch movies, videos and music will find the 80 and 160 gb Classics to be more than enough.

Now the Head-fier and the niche market folks- I have over 40 gb of music (lossless + 320 AAC) - if I were to break up my music into:
* highly rated, (6gb)
* high quality recordings, (additional 8 gb)
* fun music, (3 gb)
* middle of the road music (22 gb),
* low rated (10 gb),
* low quality recordings (1 gb)

I could fit all the "high" music and some of the fun music onto a 16gb device--

*but* sometimes I listen to one high quality recording or one highly rated song that is part of a larger album, artist-- and then I wonder - how does the other non-high songs sound from this album or artist? I would like to hear them now.

Oops those songs did not fit the 16gb iTouch. Cannot listen to that song. So that is the rub.

Still I think I might buy an iTouch-- and *suffer* through the limited gb. I might also buy:
* a 160 gb Classic (give the 30 gb 5.5 to my wife),
* (have her give her nano to one of the kids; give one of my nanos to the other kids)
* have the Classic iModded and
* Buy a better power conditioner (unrelated but since I am spending - why not?
wink.gif
) and
*Buy an upgraded DAC (because the iModded Classic is approaching the sound quality of my existing DAC) and
* then I might buy a pair of R10s.
smily_headphones1.gif

I mean it;s close now. I have only a 30gb iMOD and I could live without certain albums but 12GB mught too much of a loss.

On the bright side the 160gb Classic looks the same (sane 30pin dock) so there is no reason to believe that Vinnie can do these fairly soon. I may just buy one and drop it off for him to take apart and post the findings.

Sep 6, 2007 at 3:18 AM Post #320 of 351
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...I may just buy one and drop it off for him to take apart and post the findings.

Wow! How kind- taking one for the team!!

Sep 6, 2007 at 3:24 AM Post #322 of 351
smily_headphones1.gif
yes, win-win - I do not know his business model approach but perhaps he would give you the iMod at no charge also.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 6, 2007 at 3:42 AM Post #323 of 351
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is that for a 4G. I though 8GB were 399.00?

Mr jobs didnt mention the 4G in the speech

Yep...its for the 4GB. 8GB wouldn't be big enough for me anyways...thats why I have my normal iPod.
tongue.gif

They're liquidating the 4GB iPhones...you have to search for them. I'm stoked. I almost bought one when it first came out.

Sep 6, 2007 at 4:44 AM Post #327 of 351
Well I woke up and saw the announcement. Sure made my day
wink.gif
160GB/40hr battery for the Classics is just insane!!! Don't quite like the new look of the Nano but the new features are a welcome addition. I just wish they'd upped the capacities a little. 4/8GB is not nearly enough. Then there's the iPod Touch. It looks great, has great features and decent memory. The only reason I'd be reluctant to get one is because of its resemblance to the iPhone. Wifi is useful though.

Sep 6, 2007 at 5:23 AM Post #328 of 351
**sigh** just picked up a 80gb 5.5g last week. i knew the new ones were coming out, but i needed to pick one up right away as i have a long haul flight coming up and just lost my ipod. its ok, its being modded (gmod
3000smile.gif
) so even if i got the classic, i wouldn't be able to mod it, at least for a while. still, guess i could have picked up a 4G imod to tide me over. silly impulses.

still, the itouch looks like a sweet PMP, which i would pick it up for. couple of seasons of simpsons would fit on there, as well as some music. would make something nice for on-the-go. i know i'm going to hit an apple store as soon as i get back to the states to look at the iphone and the itouch. don't know if i'll have the patience for the next iteration of each... grrr.... sooooo purty.

what i would absolutely LOVE to see is slingbox capability on the itouch/phone. that would sell me in a heartbeat.

slowly getting converted back to apple. already saving up for a macbook when i go back to school. time to get rid of this lap-burning acer.

i know it's a toy... must save up for grad school...
redface.gif

Sep 6, 2007 at 6:31 AM Post #329 of 351
Quote:

Originally Posted by FilterSweepRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
**sigh** just picked up a 80gb 5.5g last week. i knew the new ones were coming out, but i needed to pick one up right away as i have a long haul flight coming up and just lost my ipod. its ok, its being modded (gmod
3000smile.gif
) so even if i got the classic, i wouldn't be able to mod it, at least for a while. still, guess i could have picked up a 4G imod to tide me over. silly impulses.

still, the itouch looks like a sweet PMP, which i would pick it up for. couple of seasons of simpsons would fit on there, as well as some music. would make something nice for on-the-go. i know i'm going to hit an apple store as soon as i get back to the states to look at the iphone and the itouch. don't know if i'll have the patience for the next iteration of each... grrr.... sooooo purty.

what i would absolutely LOVE to see is slingbox capability on the itouch/phone. that would sell me in a heartbeat.

slowly getting converted back to apple. already saving up for a macbook when i go back to school. time to get rid of this lap-burning acer.

i know it's a toy... must save up for grad school...
redface.gif

at least you're not raising a stink about apple "ripping you off" b/c you bought your ipod last week and they introduced new ones today. if you look over at the mac forums (macrumors.com, macnn.com, etc.) there are many who are upset about apple's price cut on the iphone. people who fall out of the 14 day grace period are demanding compensation, demanding that apple treat its customers better, demanding this, demanding that. it's very very ugly...and also very amusing. even though i'm a mac fanboy i am actually ashamed of the whiners in those forums.
mad.gif

Sep 6, 2007 at 6:51 AM Post #330 of 351
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
at least you're not raising a stink about apple "ripping you off" b/c you bought your ipod last week and they introduced new ones today. if you look over at the mac forums (macrumors.com, macnn.com, etc.) there are many who are upset about apple's price cut on the iphone. people who fall out of the 14 day grace period are demanding compensation, demanding that apple treat its customers better, demanding this, demanding that. it's very very ugly...and also very amusing. even though i'm a mac fanboy i am actually ashamed of the whiners in those forums.
mad.gif

meh... how do those guys not know that's the price you pay for early adoption? all companies do it... sony, apple, intel... everytime a new product is released, 6 months later it drops. that's the price you pay for buying something on wow factor. imagine whipping that thing out for the ladies. i'm sure the early iphone adopters got laid much more than i did...
rolleyes.gif

bet you the same thing will happen with the itouch. i'll happily wait 6 months for the HD version to come out. however, won't stop me from hitting the apple stores and checking out the current iteration. that said, you can bet next year when i go back to the states for school, i'll be rocking the macbook pro, iphone 2, and my 200gb gmod and getting ALLLL the chicks
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back