NEW information on JH-3a
Sep 12, 2011 at 7:35 PM Post #1,877 of 2,176

what is this supposed to mean?  

I think he is referring to when JHA promised to release the JH3A only when it's fully ready after all that mess. However, they've now set a strict deadline they will be forced to follow, and may potentially yield negative results like the previous releases, due to their being pressured to release this before RMAF.

Sep 12, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #1,878 of 2,176
Correct. I thought JHA made this commitment to only ship when good and ready (vs by a specific date, or customer pressure/complaint). Who would rather have them rush to meet what is, at this stage in the game, an arbitrary deadline vs just getting the product fixed however much longer the factory would need. I mean, it seems kind of silly to set such a deadline at this point... just setting themselves up for potential failure again - missing the date and/or missing the quality.

Sep 14, 2011 at 7:26 AM Post #1,882 of 2,176
"I'm out, Jerry!"... Just sent Jaime my cancellation. I will definitely re-order if it goes live, but at this juncture, I've already wasted enough cycles on a product that hasn't manifested (for most of us). Good luck to all those who remain...

Sep 14, 2011 at 9:07 AM Post #1,883 of 2,176
Good luck to all those who remain...
-----------------

Ahmen...

Sep 14, 2011 at 2:10 PM Post #1,885 of 2,176
I'll reiterate, but i feel that at this point there is no reason for people who preordered not to back out and wait it out.  I doubt there is that long of a pre-order list anymore, so getting back into the game after the unit is released won't take much time at all. Plus it's not like there are any benefits whatsoever of pre-ordering (other than getting a buggy unit).

Sep 14, 2011 at 4:24 PM Post #1,886 of 2,176

Quote:
I'll reiterate, but i feel that at this point there is no reason for people who preordered not to back out and wait it out.  I doubt there is that long of a pre-order list anymore, so getting back into the game after the unit is released won't take much time at all. Plus it's not like there are any benefits whatsoever of pre-ordering (other than getting a buggy unit).

there certainly is a benefit to pre-ordering - if i back out now, i may end up spending the money i saved for so long on something else, in which case, i'm outta luck! 
wink_face.gif

Sep 14, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #1,887 of 2,176
It's a shame that about a year ago when it became clear that things were not going as smoothly as predicted, JHA didn't just whip up an external passive crossover for the JH-3a (which I assume would be quite possible) and ship this setup to all paying customers previous to the full availability of the active box. This certainly would not be as optimum a setup as having the active box and would have required shipping the earpiece back to JHA for a few days to allow the amp to be tuned when it was available, but would have allowed the completed earphones to be shipped and usable until all the issues with the box were settled and lowered the general angst .

It would also have been "value added" to these early adoptors and have been useful after the active box was available to those who wanted to use the phone portable without lugging around the active box or worring about it's battery life. 

It could also have been sold after the availability of the active box as an accessory to future customers who desire that flexability...

Kevin

Sep 14, 2011 at 8:17 PM Post #1,889 of 2,176
It's a shame, I think JHA could stem the tide of cancellations if they would just be more open and transparent and respond to concerns proactively and publicly. Surely with their development expenditures they don't want to see even more pre-orders pulled...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back