NEW information on JH-3a
Sep 15, 2011 at 9:02 PM Post #1,906 of 2,176

Quote:
I agree with you -- "buying" people something is not the answer when what they really want is the product as promised. Yes, I did say "gift" but it doesn't have to be that ... I think in a previous post, it's really just about treatment and rewarding people for their loyalty in some way. 

Take Red (the camera company) -- as an example. They announced a technologically ambitious camera (Epic) in 2008, took pre-orders in early 2010, and are just now in the process of starting to deliver cameras to those who placed those initial $5,000 deposits down. Yet here are the differences: 

- Those on this pre-order list (available only to past customers) get a very special package that's an outrageous deal -- a "thank you" for their loyalty
- Cameras are delivered in order of the serial number of their past Red One Camera, again rewarding early adopters 
- Most importantly, throughout this time, Jim Jannard (founder) has been communicating FREQUENTLY on the Reduser forum with customers about new features added, updates, delays, shipping timeframes, etc ... this is not just direct emails to those who ask, or occasional Facebook posts ... this is extremely public-yet-personal, easily seen, widespread communication that leaves no one in the dark about where they stand (even when they say "we don't know" it's crystal clear)

Of course, people are frustrated -- these are professionals and their camera is their means of making money, both in rentals and paid work. BUT they also feel so well-treated (no other camera company in the world gives you full credit back on your old camera toward the purchase of a new one -- but Red did this for loyal early adopters) ... and they also feel so clear and satisfied with the communications, that if anything, Red has actually won people over even further in spite of these delays. They have raving fans who will fight and evangelize for them at every opportunity. 

Contrast that with how this 3A situation has been handled -- and you see the problem, and why so many customers are unfortunately turning on them. 

It's sad because I really like JH (both company and individuals) and especially their products, but they could really take page from Red's playback and bend over backwards to treat these early adopters better, with more expressions of loyalty and good communication. No need "buy" anyone, but just do something to show people how much you care. 

This is agree with entirely. And I haven't heard about this camera company. But will definitely look into them now. :D

Quote:
I think you're looking for the term, "common decency."

The kind of decency that's no longer common you mean?
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
Jerry promises that common decency will be shipping out Next Week!

Quote:
You forgot to add the * to the next week followed by the tiny subscript line date subject to change because...well whatever it might change so sit on that

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Sep 17, 2011 at 1:11 AM Post #1,911 of 2,176
Well I finally got sick of waiting for them to sort this thing (JH3A) out. So I and went and ordered a set of JH16s, a CLAS and an ALO Rx Mk2 amp with ALO cables throughout.  I look forward to hearing how you all go when you finally receive your JH3As.  Good luck all, I hope this saga has a happy ending. 

beerchug.gif

Sep 17, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #1,913 of 2,176
I hadn't ordered a JH3A (Thank God) I was lurking on this forum waiting for them to sort their crap out.  I was originally intending on getting JH16s but I liked the concept of the JH3A so I held off for a bit.  Now I will wait for revision 2 before I consider the JH3A.

Sep 17, 2011 at 2:10 AM Post #1,914 of 2,176

Quote:
Well I finally got sick of waiting for them to sort this thing (JH3A) out. So I and went and ordered a set of JH16s, a CLAS and an ALO Rx Mk2 amp with ALO cables throughout.  I look forward to hearing how you all go when you finally receive your JH3As.  Good luck all, I hope this saga has a happy ending. 

beerchug.gif

That's an awesome combination -- maybe not what some have claimed to have heard from the 3A -- but definitely amazing sound, especially when paired with hi-res music and the FLAC app. I have the same combo, the only difference is that I'm in the process of getting new cables from Double Helix, and I'm really excited about the potential boost over the JH stock cable. 

Anyway, no more hijacking, back to the main purpose of the thread .... 

Sep 17, 2011 at 2:21 AM Post #1,915 of 2,176
I'm looking into having Peter make me a JH3A cable from two Symbiotes. Has warp08 given any detailed comparisons between his Twag Eclipse v2 JH3A cable and stock? Searching on this forum is impossible...

Sep 17, 2011 at 6:00 AM Post #1,916 of 2,176

I think just initial impressions, certainly not detailed (versus stock). He is such a nice guy (and so helpful to everyone, even via PM) -- I'm guessing he's waiting to post any detailed impressions until ... 1) his unit is one of the 100% final versions ... and 2) others get their units as well, so it doesn't feel like rubbing it in. Just my guess, Warp can speak for himself, and he's one of the nicest/most detailed guys here so I'm sure he'll get around to it when the time is right. 

In terms of Peter, I'm eager to hear his cable ... can't wait. I will say he too is just unreal with his service and communication. I wish everyone responded and communicated like he did! I had considered asking him about 3A cables, but didn't know if he was going to make them ...

Quote:
I'm looking into having Peter make me a JH3A cable from two Symbiotes. Has warp08 given any detailed comparisons between his Twag Eclipse v2 JH3A cable and stock? Searching on this forum is impossible...

Sep 17, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #1,918 of 2,176
Imagine if, instead of just a bass pot, you have separate bass, midrange and treble volume pot.  Now that would take this to another level.

Sep 17, 2011 at 11:24 PM Post #1,919 of 2,176
^ I would hope that they get the neutrality/balance on this thing so precise that knobs like that wouldn't be necessary.  The only reason for a bass knob IMO, is that so few people have the same preference in bass quantity, and its the most common feature of sound that people want to adjust.

Personally, I am one of those people whom after being a tweaker and fiddler for so long, have come to really appreciate simplicity.  it just works, it just sounds good.. no adjustments to make, no buttons or knobs, or switches to fiddle and a/b back and forth with endlessly.. just on, off, play and stop...   everything else just becomes a distraction.

actually that is precisely why i wanted this rig.. no endless tube rolling or amp upgrading, or modding.. you're locked in, and it (so i have been told) just sounds fantastic. 

Sep 19, 2011 at 9:21 AM Post #1,920 of 2,176

Quote:

Sorry, I don't see the point offering any other comparison until the final version of the amp is available for everyone who decided to stick it out and receive it beyond what I've already offered.  The overall sonic benefits are similar to TWagging a conventional JH16 Pro vs. leaving it stock.  The only benefit the stock cable has--until it breaks--is its compactness vs. the Eclipse.  That said, I would expect most everyone will be impressed by the sound even with the stock cable, out of the box (basing this on the experience with the initial release, the new ones should be even better).

I should get the 64" pre burnt version pretty soon now, and the 48" will remain as a backup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back