NEW information on JH-3a
Sep 14, 2011 at 11:32 PM Post #1,891 of 2,176
I said this a while back, all JH had to do was offer a meaningful gift/incentive to those who were on the initial pre-order list (rather than a sweatshirt). Yes, it would have cost them a little BUT ... 1) it was the right thing to do, to reward loyal customers who have endured so much trouble ... and 2) it would have soothed frustration and increased good will and ultimately word of mouth. 

As some have noted, there is currently little incentive to "wait it out" for those initial 3A customers and it didn't need to be that way. Also, more direct/personal communication to those on the list would have gone a long way. Oh well, I feel bad and hope this can all be fixed -- I'm dying to actually try them out and eventually own them :)

Sep 14, 2011 at 11:45 PM Post #1,892 of 2,176
I think many were suggesting or hinting for a JH5 to hold those who pre-ordered a year ago.  That would have put smiles on everyones faces no matter the delay or wait.  That would have really cemented customer loyalty. 

Quote:
I said this a while back, all JH had to do was offer a meaningful gift/incentive to those who were on the initial pre-order list (rather than a sweatshirt). Yes, it would have cost them a little BUT ... 1) it was the right thing to do, to reward loyal customers who have endured so much trouble ... and 2) it would have soothed frustration and increased good will and ultimately word of mouth. 

As some have noted, there is currently little incentive to "wait it out" for those initial 3A customers and it didn't need to be that way. Also, more direct/personal communication to those on the list would have gone a long way. Oh well, I feel bad and hope this can all be fixed -- I'm dying to actually try them out and eventually own them :)

Sep 14, 2011 at 11:59 PM Post #1,893 of 2,176

Quote:
I think many were suggesting or hinting for a JH5 to hold those who pre-ordered a year ago.  That would have put smiles on everyones faces no matter the delay or wait.  That would have really cemented customer loyalty. 

yeah.. i took matters into my hands and bought LCD-2's.  I noticed my complaining in this thread drastically reduced after that... '-)

Sep 15, 2011 at 12:10 AM Post #1,894 of 2,176

yeah.. i took matters into my hands and bought LCD-2's.  I noticed my complaining in this thread drastically reduced after that... '-)

Ben, you're going to have to give me a full 10 page essay comparing your LCD2-SR71B rig to the JH3A combo so that I can decide if I should stick with the IEMs or go for both.

I wish warp could borrow an LCD2 and give us a semi-detailed comparison between the two, since he has SR71B with a DB2 as well.

Sep 15, 2011 at 12:21 AM Post #1,895 of 2,176

Quote:
Quote:

Ben, you're going to have to give me a full 10 page essay comparing your LCD2-SR71B rig to the JH3A combo so that I can decide if I should stick with the IEMs or go for both.

I wish warp could borrow an LCD2 and give us a semi-detailed comparison between the two, since he has SR71B with a DB2 as well.

I'm sure I will do a comparison... though i would not be surprised if i conclude that they both sound great in their own ways, and the only solution is to keep them both :wink:

Sep 15, 2011 at 12:45 AM Post #1,897 of 2,176

Quote:

I'm not convinced this is the answer, While I agree that JH has kept a lot of people hanging for a long time, and have been extremely unprofessional in their approach (that doesn't appear to be changing much either), I don't think they should now have to buy things to keep the pre-order people 'entertained' or interested in the mean time. I think this is just trying to get something for nothing, If you can get a refund and you aren't happy with the wait, then take that option. Don't hang around and then say that they should have bought you something to keep your loyalty. The only incentive should be the item itself, and if that's not incentive enough, get out, get your money back, and lose nothing...

I'm not defending JH, I think this whole thing has been handled attrociously, but I also don't think that buying people things is a solution either, as ultimately the cost of these 'gifts' will be passed back down to you/us (the customers) in one form or another, more than likely to be the cost of the units after the pre-orders have been filled.

Sep 15, 2011 at 1:36 AM Post #1,898 of 2,176
I'm not convinced this is the answer, While I agree that JH has kept a lot of people hanging for a long time, and have been extremely unprofessional in their approach (that doesn't appear to be changing much either), I don't think they should now have to buy things to keep the pre-order people 'entertained' or interested in the mean time. I think this is just trying to get something for nothing, If you can get a refund and you aren't happy with the wait, then take that option. Don't hang around and then say that they should have bought you something to keep your loyalty. The only incentive should be the item itself, and if that's not incentive enough, get out, get your money back, and lose nothing...

I'm not defending JH, I think this whole thing has been handled attrociously, but I also don't think that buying people things is a solution either, as ultimately the cost of these 'gifts' will be passed back down to you/us (the customers) in one form or another, more than likely to be the cost of the units after the pre-orders have been filled.

I would be losing atleast $100 on ear imressions x 2 since first ones didn't yield a perfect seal (shipping the impressions were a bit as well :p), plus the time I spent going down town to get the impressions done. And all the heartache ranting in this thread; all for nothing, if I were to give up and request refund! :)

Sep 15, 2011 at 1:43 AM Post #1,899 of 2,176

Quote:
I would be losing atleast $100 on ear imressions x 2 since first ones didn't yield a perfect seal (shipping the impressions were a bit as well :p), plus the time I spent going down town to get the impressions done. And all the heartache ranting in this thread; all for nothing, if I were to give up and request refund!
smily_headphones1.gif

That's a fair point, I hadn't thought about the impressions, maybe another bad call on JH's behalf in getting the impressions done well before a completed product was ready to produce.

Also, just out of curiosity question. Could you request the CAD file (assuming again that's what it is) of your impressions from JHA and give it to another company and they can make your customs from that?

Sep 15, 2011 at 2:04 AM Post #1,900 of 2,176

Quote:
Also, just out of curiosity question. Could you request the CAD file (assuming again that's what it is) of your impressions from JHA and give it to another company and they can make your customs from that?

You could ask but I'm 99.999% sure all companies would say no.  That file belongs to them and whatever process they use complete or edit the render would be something they won't want to share.  More likely they will send you the old impressions back if at all. 

Sep 15, 2011 at 3:18 AM Post #1,901 of 2,176
I asked for my impressions from JHA and they had zero problems sending me a copy of them.  They were used to buy 1964-D IEMs to hold me over for the JH-3A waiting period.  I regret handing over my JH-13s so early. 
blink.gif

Sep 15, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #1,902 of 2,176

I agree with you -- "buying" people something is not the answer when what they really want is the product as promised. Yes, I did say "gift" but it doesn't have to be that ... I think in a previous post, it's really just about treatment and rewarding people for their loyalty in some way. 

Take Red (the camera company) -- as an example. They announced a technologically ambitious camera (Epic) in 2008, took pre-orders in early 2010, and are just now in the process of starting to deliver cameras to those who placed those initial $5,000 deposits down. Yet here are the differences: 

- Those on this pre-order list (available only to past customers) get a very special package that's an outrageous deal -- a "thank you" for their loyalty
- Cameras are delivered in order of the serial number of their past Red One Camera, again rewarding early adopters 
- Most importantly, throughout this time, Jim Jannard (founder) has been communicating FREQUENTLY on the Reduser forum with customers about new features added, updates, delays, shipping timeframes, etc ... this is not just direct emails to those who ask, or occasional Facebook posts ... this is extremely public-yet-personal, easily seen, widespread communication that leaves no one in the dark about where they stand (even when they say "we don't know" it's crystal clear)

Of course, people are frustrated -- these are professionals and their camera is their means of making money, both in rentals and paid work. BUT they also feel so well-treated (no other camera company in the world gives you full credit back on your old camera toward the purchase of a new one -- but Red did this for loyal early adopters) ... and they also feel so clear and satisfied with the communications, that if anything, Red has actually won people over even further in spite of these delays. They have raving fans who will fight and evangelize for them at every opportunity. 

Contrast that with how this 3A situation has been handled -- and you see the problem, and why so many customers are unfortunately turning on them. 

It's sad because I really like JH (both company and individuals) and especially their products, but they could really take page from Red's playback and bend over backwards to treat these early adopters better, with more expressions of loyalty and good communication. No need "buy" anyone, but just do something to show people how much you care. 

Quote:

Sep 15, 2011 at 4:19 PM Post #1,903 of 2,176
I agree with you -- "buying" people something is not the answer when what they really want is the product as promised. Yes, I did say "gift" but it doesn't have to be that ... I think in a previous post, it's really just about treatment and rewarding people for their loyalty in some way. -snip->

I think you're looking for the term, "common decency."

Sep 15, 2011 at 8:50 PM Post #1,904 of 2,176
Sep 15, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #1,905 of 2,176

Quote:
Jerry promises that common decency will be shipping out Next Week!

You forgot to add the * to the next week followed by the tiny subscript line date subject to change because...well whatever it might change so sit on that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back