NEW information on JH-3a
Jun 4, 2011 at 10:33 AM Post #541 of 2,176
THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!

3ccc48f0.jpg

54910f0a.jpg

4d3b32ce.jpg

First 15 minutes is a big thumbs up but more to come tomorrow after more considered listening. Right now I am listening USB out of a Mac mini using Audie Audirvana as the player. OSX sees the 3a as USB DAC and fires right up.

Jun 4, 2011 at 10:47 AM Post #542 of 2,176

That is great! Thanks for posting. I am not so far behind so sometime next week for me.

Quote:
Quote:
Clearly nothing has shipped out this week as Brittany suggested to others in this thread otherwise someone would have posted in this thread with excitement.

Clearly you are wrong as I have a Saturday delivery UPS tracking number.

Jun 4, 2011 at 11:39 AM Post #545 of 2,176
It weighs about 8oz on a food scale

These are super fast and may be the fastest audio other than the ATC 100 active monitors. Detail is super present but vocal transients can pop a bit hard due to sped and resolution if the recording isn't stellar ( think Norah Jones). Pink Floyd is a real treat with dense layers of detail revealed and fully separated in the head stage.

Jun 4, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #547 of 2,176
Congrats JP. Thanks for the quick shots and impressions. Goofy question, but does the 'roughed up' top printing look better in person? 

Looking forward to future sonic comparisons to your JH13.

Have we figured out what "MIC" is for?

Jun 4, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #549 of 2,176

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessingx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Have we figured out what "MIC" is for?

or B.M?
did yours come with any instruction manuel?

and the real question :wink:  who's gonna be the first to pop theirs open and take some internal shots!'

Jun 4, 2011 at 4:21 PM Post #550 of 2,176

Quote:

or B.M?

and the real question :wink:  who's gonna be the first to pop theirs open and take some internal shots!'

I say to man in shop "Is rat." He say "No, no, no. Is a special kind of hamster. Is filigree Siberian hamster." Only one in shop. He make special price: only five pound. (From Fawlty Towers

Sorry, just couldn't resist.  :)

Jun 4, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #551 of 2,176
Hey Warp, 

Okay - for the record, I would TOTALLY understand if they cut you a break on normal policy because of all your purchases and also reviews and honest (but favorable) press you have helped them give (your reviews have been straight and really helpful to the community.) 

It's just I was told something different from my rep. She said ABSOLUTELY NO on changes to shell color ever (not even for a fee - it's 100% final when you choose color at point of purchase) but artwork and fit can be modified.  I thought this was especially weird, since I was inquiring about changing color while in conjunction with getting JH3A's - which means the shell would already have to be broken anyway. I didn't see what the big deal was .... 

Anyway, I don't really care anyway - I didn't think through the color/artwork well the first time around, but I love my JH16's so much and would love to keep them as an all-purpose IEM for use with all devices, and then get a another set of 16's or 13's + JH3A (only about $600 price difference when you order both together, versus getting a past pair modded) .... and when I do that I will get the artwork right :)

Thanks for sharing Warp. 

Anthony

Jun 4, 2011 at 6:57 PM Post #552 of 2,176

Quote:

or B.M?

It's for a pro application and should always stay in the default position.  "M' stands for Microphone input and could cause undesirable effects under certain circumstances.

Jun 4, 2011 at 7:08 PM Post #553 of 2,176

Quote:
Hey Warp, 

Okay - for the record, I would TOTALLY understand if they cut you a break on normal policy because of all your purchases and also reviews and honest (but favorable) press you have helped them give (your reviews have been straight and really helpful to the community.) 

It's just I was told something different from my rep. She said ABSOLUTELY NO on changes to shell color ever (not even for a fee - it's 100% final when you choose color at point of purchase) but artwork and fit can be modified.  I thought this was especially weird, since I was inquiring about changing color while in conjunction with getting JH3A's - which means the shell would already have to be broken anyway. I didn't see what the big deal was .... 

Anyway, I don't really care anyway - I didn't think through the color/artwork well the first time around, but I love my JH16's so much and would love to keep them as an all-purpose IEM for use with all devices, and then get a another set of 16's or 13's + JH3A (only about $600 price difference when you order both together, versus getting a past pair modded) .... and when I do that I will get the artwork right :)

Thanks for sharing Warp. 

Anthony

Thanks, Anthony.

For the record, I do not distribute misinformation, nor do I--under any circumstances--betray anyone who decides to confide in me at a personal or professional level.  This is a hobby for me and I have sufficient resources to afford what I need.  I shop on value instead of price and recognize it when I see it.  

I also saw no value in giving up my JH16s or 13s for that matter.  If you get into a cash crunch you can always sell them separately to someone else in the F/S forum to get remolded.  There are a lot of people out there who are not as fortunate as you and I and can't afford to buy them new.  I personally like to use the TWagged JH16 Pros straight out of the 6G iPod Nano for ultramobile purposes.  It's not bad at all and worth keeping just for that.

Jun 4, 2011 at 7:12 PM Post #554 of 2,176
Thanks Warp - can you confirm if the JH3A has the same dimensions as the CL Algorhythm Solo? It appears identical in design - same metal, style, same screws - and I'm curious since I would be using mine with the CLAS - thanks!

Jun 4, 2011 at 7:16 PM Post #555 of 2,176

Quote:
THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!

First 15 minutes is a big thumbs up but more to come tomorrow after more considered listening. Right now I am listening USB out of a Mac mini using Audie Audirvana as the player. OSX sees the 3a as USB DAC and fires right up.

NOTE:  JP and others who have or about to receive the JH-3A:

Be mindful that the amp's battery can discharge during overnight burn-in sessions if it wasn't fully charged prior to put into use even while plugged into the USB power/audio source of the Mac or PC.  If you notice your amp has shut down, just turn it off and leave it charging for several hours to make sure it is fully charged.  If this happens, I recommend leaving it charging with the power switch in the OFF position before starting any burn-in session.

Mine only contained a partial charge when I received it.  I am very satisfied with the new shells.  Enjoy your JH-3As as much as I do, very glad to see more of them showing up in the hands of their new owners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back