New Inear Prophile-8
May 31, 2018 at 7:40 AM Post #571 of 786
it is different giving of a sound. I have A18t and PP8, sometimes I prefer one, sometimes others. A18t more adult and emotional CIEM/IEM, than more correct sound of PP8.
But also price absolutely another. If you need to leave only one couple of IEM, I would recommend U18t

Last edited:
May 31, 2018 at 11:53 AM Post #572 of 786
I was interested in getting the iem and noticed that there are 2 sizes. So if the Vegas arwaabout 1.5mm from touching the back of the conch of my ear and the se846 does touch the conch of my ear should i go for large or small?

No matter what, go for the 'newer' S version. The original is quite big, so unless you have giant ears, stick with the S.

Jul 1, 2018 at 8:48 AM Post #573 of 786
We posted a review of the SD5 with a lengthy comparison to the PP8. Some nice pics also from Klaus :)

".The InEar StageDiver 5 are technically easily the best of the series. In fact, I think the SD-5’s strengths even outperform the company’s reference flagship ProPhile 8 if linearity is not a top priority. The tonality is extremely engaging and balanced at the same time and I can see some less experienced users thinking they are neutral. I have become a big fan of the midrange and I am surprised how easily my mind adapts to the signature."

https://headfonics.com/2018/07/inear-stagediver-5-review/

Jul 15, 2018 at 3:08 AM Post #575 of 786
Where can I find a pic with both Prophile 8 (small and regular versions) in comparison?

In person they are much smaller. Actually there is no reason to buy the old 'big' model now.

IMG_3014.jpg IMG_3015.jpg

Jul 20, 2018 at 5:21 AM Post #577 of 786
The reduced translation from Russian into English (sorry my English))) my review InEar StageDiver SD-5

InEar StageDiver SD-5: a dive in a musical whirlpool

Germans have an expression: "Da haben wir die Bescherung" ("Here those on!"). Quite so I have thought when an opportunity to one of the first was quite unexpectedly presented to me to estimate an extraordinary novelty from reputable producer InEar.

nEar is the German company which for 25 years successfully is engaged in a research and production in the field of professional audio and also hearing aids and ear protection. Musicians and sound producers actively use her specialized production, and for judges of a high-quality portable sound there is a series of IEM StageDiver earphones.

1522491165881843.jpg

Text: Alexey Kashirsky aka Hans Barbarossa

Specifications

System: 3-way system (5 drivers)

Transmission range: approx. 20 Hz–20000 Hz

Output sound pressure: 120dB

Impedance: 13 Ohm

Cablelength: 140 mm

1522491181687211.jpg

Appearance, set and ergonomics

Inside there are IEM with a nice wattled cable of black color (a fork 2pin, jack G-shaped 3,5mm), several sets of cleaning wipes for care of earphones, the adapter 3,5/6,3 of mm and four couples of silicone nozzles of the different size.

Quality of assembly - excellent! The SD-5 IEM case is made of black glossy plastic. He very ergonomic and very clearly and convenience reminds an acrylic shell, as well as in a case with the kastom-monitors executed on individual impression.

1522491194901472.jpg

1522491198617583.jpg

1522491202921061.jpg

I made a resistant impression that sinks of earphones were ideally adjusted to me. As InEar it worked well, I don't know.

However, if you have doubts, then it is possible to tell the producer the approximate size of your auricle.

This model will be produced also in the wooden case.

In sound tubes the replaceable filters serving for protection of earphones against hit in them of moisture and sulfur are installed.

1522491214925542.jpg

1522491220725942.jpg

1522491228233422.jpg

The complete cable after captious comparison with my collection of wires of any serious complaints hasn't caused in me.

Generally, I have carried out the analysis of a sound with a stock cable. About five reinforcing receivers in each earphone are responsible for a sound. And it is the most fascinating part of our review!

1522491259402323.jpg

Sound

Listening was carried out on MyST DAC 1866OCU V.2, QLS DA9.1 Melokin, iBasso DX200, Lotoo PAW Gold and iFI micro iDSD Black Lable/IFi Pro iCAN.

With all devices earphones were won back at the highest level. Cope with any genres of SD-5 with hardly any trouble at all. Any claims!

Sounding of InEar StageDiver SD-5 extraordinary "juicy", massive, very melodious, with accurately dominating low-frequency range which is well textured by a bass, amazingly detailed and melodious middle and accurate distinguished high frequencies, at the same time well balanced.

This not equal monitor sounding, it has unprecedented musicality, clearness with amazing transfer of an emotional component, but in the absence of any obvious artifacts and distortions.

Frequency response SD-5 aurally reminds a smooth W-shaped wave where one register is harmoniously poured in another. Result - the boundless drive, the bubbling emotions and a uniform interlacing of one frequency range with another.

It is a tasty, mature, juicy fruit, without soreness of the mouth and excessive sweetness.

Only pure pleasure from music, only "fun"!

1522491295190901.jpg

1522491316364169.jpg

This sound gets to fall in love, excites, fascinates and tightens in the musical whirlpool so that it isn't possible to get out of him almost. Generally, earphones don't want to be taken out at all.

It is necessary to emphasize that I was always imposed by equal voice-frequency balance more, but SD-5 have stolen my heart just other sound. Engineers of InEar not for nothing eat the bread: they use not only competent technical approach to setup of monitors, but also have excellent taste and a clear understanding of a final sound.

1522491330411777.jpg

Examples / Morrissey "jacky's only happy when she's up on the stage"

The composition moves exactly, uniform detailed musical layer.

Guitar parties are weaved in ecstasy with other tools, being poured by silver, fill all space. The bass is massive, dense, imposingly waltzes around all action. There is no tear, the musical cloth is completely filled with a sound.

And on this canvas, it is accurate on the center, Morrissey it is very alive, really, kind of ruling over this dance, being a little allocated from lump forward:

"…She is determined to prove

How she can fill up the page

Of every lost and lonely day…"

Sounding is smooth, clean, expressional and to extremely degree melodious.

1522491346482168.jpg

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds "red right hand"

The song sounds immensely emotionally, naturally, giving musical material to a swing.

The voice and tools as if are filled with a corporal and live basis.

Amazingly accurate portrayal of each sound, the smallest nuance, each trifle. The dense bass party creates a little dark background of all composition.

The pulsing party of body Hammond is pretentiously interwoven. And jazz brushes, it is perfected concerning a snare drum, accurately slide off on find fault-hetu. Each contact is transferred precisely and articulately.

The guitar and Hammond in unison give loss in stylistics of the 60th.

And Nick broadcasts in the gloomy and gloomy manner:

"…A tall handsome man

In a dusty black coat with

A red right hand".

SD-5 amazingly transfer the gloomy atmosphere of this composition.

There is a wish to pull out the rumpled suit from a case, to fasten varnish shoes and to go to decadent tavern... Earphones at the same time have to and play in ears.

The virtual space drawn by ears, the average sizes in width, but at the same time it well is built in depth, creating the contrast multidimensional picture.

1522491356165739.jpg

In the dry rest

Low frequencies dominate over other frequency range a little, striking hearing with the powerful, dense, direct and rolling shot. The bass is deep, relief, fast, gives to the general sounding a pritemnenny background.

Mids also a little are also very accurately allocated. They sound in details, most smoothly, caressing hearing and not irritating it. The middle is ground as the sea pebble which doesn't have keen edges.

Very accurately and beautifully the grand piano and voice parts sound string. Giving layered with natural transfer of timbres. You derive pleasure from listening unusual.

High frequencies exact, accurate and natural, without hint on a scattering and distortions. They as if stars on the clear night sky, beautifully flash, and later, fading, go to the general space musical dance.

1522491375285764.jpg

Conclusion

StageDiver SD-5 amazing model of earphones. It is truly European approach to control of a sound. No doubt, these ears are worthy the closest attention.

That to whom the maximum immersion in a sound and receiving emotions from listening of favourite compositions is important they will deliver a lot of pleasure the musical manner. They have for this purpose everything: vigor and identity, the unforgettable charm, massive live sound and also at the same time detailed and very melodious giving.

Bravo, inEar! Danke schön!

Well and about the price. As far as I know, shortly this model will become available on the website inear-monitoring.eu for 997 $. And if to consider all outstanding advantages of this model, then I firmly can tell that it is the good transaction for persons interested to hear favourite music in tremendous sounding.

1522491385721069.jpg

Pros

Sound, convenience, quality of assembly and materials.

Cons

Not for fans of a linear sound

Aug 9, 2018 at 11:24 PM Post #578 of 786
The W80 is apparently in the same vein as the W60 which was seriously underwhelming so pass for me. The new Oriolus, if you mean the 10ba, it won't be out for a while. Plus it will never be as comfortable as the Prophile. The 334, I never liked the very slow decaying bass, prefer tighter bass.

I just had the W80, I think they have a good resolution and a great tonality. But I won't disagree with you that they are kinda bad value for it's price.

Sep 11, 2018 at 3:09 AM Post #584 of 786
New PP8 owner here: What tips do you guys suggest? And what about cables? Marco suggested to not change the cable, but maybe someone has found a good alternative match?
No reason to change cable at all. No 'improvement' will happen, just unwanted equalisation, which destroy intended signature.
Any sort of silicone tips will do the job - from my experience, for long listening sessions the best in terms of comfort (very soft) are Ortofon siicone tips : https://www.ortofon.com/silicone-eartips-set-p-577

20180911_091159.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2018 at 5:57 AM Post #585 of 786
My experience shows that selection of a cable (personally I have stopped on HanSound RedCore) gives the positive moment for the best of the micro and macro details. In general sounding becomes more harmonious. But it doesn't say that the cable should be changed, PP8 very well sound also with a stock cable. And speaking about selection of tips, here it is already necessary to consider an individual structure of the ear channel of each certain individual. And what will suit one person well can not suit another absolutely. At first it is possible to play with stock tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back