New Inear Prophile-8
May 6, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #376 of 786
The SD 4s and Prophile 8 are the same on comfort level. Which makes them great for extended listening sessions. Both are very neutral but handle pretty well. No doubt the 8 has additional extended details and some play with the switches. Would recommend both but they are ties to your budget

Very true.. I'm in dilemma between the two. Waiting for my pre-ordered SD 4 but after another listening session now I'm thinking of switching to PP8. Both are good and a beauty in its own respective signature.

May 14, 2017 at 5:07 AM Post #377 of 786
Hi ALL... I'm new in this forum... sorry for my english...
I'm getting PP8 end this month, would like to ask for an advise... which DAP player is suitable for PP8?
Currently I have FiiO X5 3rd... but thinking to get whether Sony WM1A or AK KANN... since both are in the same price...
Thank you ALL... Cheers

May 14, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #378 of 786
I'm getting PP8 end this month, would like to ask for an advise... which DAP player is suitable for PP8?
Currently I have FiiO X5 3rd... but thinking to get whether Sony WM1A or AK KANN... since both are in the same price...
Thank you ALL... Cheers

Hi,

I listened once to the PP8 with my Calyx M and it was a great pairing. Neutral, but also very musical and black background without any hiss.
I can't speak for any other DAP.

May 15, 2017 at 1:28 AM Post #380 of 786
May 16, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #381 of 786
Thank you ALL... Cheers

if you read some post there are some review using sony wm1z, for me i use my xperia z3 daily with it and love it.. i also tried it with fiio E17 from laptop
i will get my QP1R soon, i will let you know once i tried.. it should be good :)

Jun 2, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #382 of 786
Anyone found an impedance curve for this guys anywhere?

Jun 4, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #383 of 786
Here you are:

InEar ProPhile 8 web.png

Jul 7, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #390 of 786
I'm thinking of buying these, I've got a couple of questions:
1) When used from a "bad" source (laptop, smartphone, ...), how silent are the PP8? Is there audible hiss? The 32 Ohm makes me assume they are silent, or at least fairly quiet.

2) How hard is it to get a proper seal with these?

3) These are fairly large IEMs, that's obvious. Would you say they are comfortable compared to other universals? Can you kinda use them while lying down in bed, or is it extremely uncomfortable?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back