New Inear Prophile-8
Mar 2, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #316 of 786
after using it for few hours my ears hurts... it seems the iem shells kind of pushing my ear bones.. 
and still looking more comfortable tips
did anyone tried biflange?

Mar 2, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #318 of 786
after using it for few hour my ears hurts... it seems the iem shells kind of pushing my ear bones.. 
and still looking more comfortable tips
di anyone tried biflange?

Yes, I can understand & that's why I mentioned shell size as one of its weakness's. I think they kept design concept of stage driver series but just increased shell size.For first few days I had discomfort on anti-helix antitragus area.

Mar 2, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #319 of 786
Maybe your ears have to get used to it. The feeling can decrease after a few times. I haven't tried other tips. I am fine with the SpinFits.

It sores all over not only the hole and near but also the bone...

I think the shells bit too big for me..
Short term ok long term sore, oh well... Let's see #stillhopeitwillbeok

Mar 2, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #320 of 786
Yes, I can understand & that's why I mentioned shell size as one of its weakness's. I think they kept design concept of stage driver series but just increased shell size.For first few days I had discomfort on anti-helix antitragus area.

Ah for me antihelix, triangular fossa, anti tragus, intertragic and tragus

Mar 3, 2017 at 2:30 AM Post #324 of 786

Thanks. I haven't heard Andromeda so can't comment.

I have and to no disrespect for Andro, it is a huge difference as far as i am concerned.
I am not quite an audiophile in any way, but i find myself looking forward to putting on the PP8 everyday as compared to the Andro.

Those who have the PP8 how do you play with the setting, do you switch on the bass/treble on both sides at the same time ?

Mar 3, 2017 at 2:58 AM Post #325 of 786
Ah for me antihelix, triangular fossa, anti tragus, intertragic and tragus

Well antihelix is very sensitive if you have problems there I doubt it will get better. Regarding shell size I'll comment a bit in my review but as I mentioned earlier the most obvious change is in height and thus not effecting any parts of the ear. There are some minor adjustments in the area of the concha and acoustic meatus (compared to SD) but these parts are not really sensitive so you will rather have discomfort at the quoted areas.
Atm it is still not possible to get the technique in a smaller housing but I've already said that Marco hasn't dropped the idea of a smaller shell but it will take time. A custom version might be available soon, though.

Mar 3, 2017 at 3:03 AM Post #326 of 786
  I have and to no disrespect for Andro, it is a huge difference as far as i am concerned.
I am not quite an audiophile in any way, but i find myself looking forward to putting on the PP8 everyday as compared to the Andro.

Those who have the PP8 how do you play with the setting, do you switch on the bass/treble on both sides at the same time ?

Well I lost my cleaning tool twice in less than one week of use and can't find it now
eek.gif

But I usually listened to the PP8 without switches on. If I use the switches yes I'd turn them on on both earphones otherwise it would sound a bit strange.
I usually turn on both switches treble and bass I don't like to just push one area forward.
If you really only activate the switches on either the left or right IEM the sound is imbalanced. That's actually a big part of the quality control to get both earphones in a range less than 1 dB difference so it is meant to activate switches on both earphones at the same time.  Activating only one side would make sense if you have a hearing damage and need to boost special areas.

Edit: I got the question wrong at first. It didn't come to my mind that someone is trying to activate switches only on one earphone.

Mar 9, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #328 of 786
Today finally got the chance to listen to the PP8, was trying to decide between the PP8 vs Noble's new encore. Well I picked the PP8 at the end, the sound of the PP8 to me is more musical, natural and slightly warm in signature. I don't think it is dead neutral, but the sound is lush yet detailed which I am able to listen to it for hours without fatique, also the fitment is better than any universal iems that I have tried. The Noble Encore is more technical in SQ, more sizzling highs and lows, very detailed midrange but overall colder sounding and more digital esp with lesser recordings. In terms of soundstage the PP8 probably wont win contests but the overall presentation and the coherence is fantastic. Vocals r great, and with pop music still have enough bass energy and drive to make it sound exciting, the bass is very solid for a BA driver only iem.

Mar 9, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #329 of 786
Today finally got the chance to listen to the PP8, was trying to decide between the PP8 vs Noble's new encore. Well I picked the PP8 at the end, the sound of the PP8 to me is more musical, natural and slightly warm in signature. I don't think it is dead neutral, but the sound is lush yet detailed which I am able to listen to it for hours without fatique, also the fitment is better than any universal iems that I have tried. The Noble Encore is more technical in SQ, more sizzling highs and lows, very detailed midrange but overall colder sounding and more digital esp with lesser recordings. In terms of soundstage the PP8 probably wont win contests but the overall presentation and the coherence is fantastic. Vocals r great, and with pop music still have enough bass energy and drive to make it sound exciting, the bass is very solid for a BA driver only iem.
Lush and warm...wow the opposite of what I hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back