New in-ears from AKG
Sep 11, 2008 at 2:04 PM Post #2 of 35
Haven't even seen any AKG in-ear reviews here. Are these all new models? Not that I need yet another flavor to try. I am good with the Sleeks and the X10s for now. But the k370s do have a cool design.

Sep 11, 2008 at 3:05 PM Post #3 of 35
Interesting indeed. Unfortunately, because of AKG's limited distribution here in the US, I'll probably never be able to try any of these.
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haven't even seen any AKG in-ear reviews here. Are these all new models?

I think everything except K310P, K312P, K314P, and K324P should be new.

One thing I find really strange is on this page: AKG Personal Audio - K 321 - Specifications
Quote:

Frequency range (Hz-kHz) 13-22.5 (White) 13-22.6 (Blue)

Why does the blue version have different specs? Don't tell me the blue color improves high frequency extension.
rolleyes.gif

Sep 11, 2008 at 3:12 PM Post #4 of 35
Not bad on the AKG design department, shall look forward to the local release... hopefully soon.

Sep 11, 2008 at 3:36 PM Post #5 of 35
The K317 and K370 look like interesting portable canalphones/earbuds. Anyone know of any places to buy them? [I'm in Canada, but could order online]

Sep 11, 2008 at 8:30 PM Post #7 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The K317 and K370 look like interesting portable canalphones/earbuds. Anyone know of any places to buy them? [I'm in Canada, but could order online]

I have never seen the in-ears from AKG, but I know I have seen the K31x P's at HMV with the ipod accessories. The price for them aren't that bad (around.. 35-70 I think?)

I was actually waiting for someone on head-fi to give a review of them before I pursued them. haha

Sep 11, 2008 at 8:38 PM Post #8 of 35
the K340 were fostex made, a bit more refined then the CX300 at the time, selling for about 1.5x-2x the price, the newer ones actually look like AKG went somewhere else or even did them in house (which i doubt),

Sep 11, 2008 at 8:49 PM Post #9 of 35
LOL, I didn't notice that one of the models there is the 'K 340'. That's a bit confusing.
biggrin.gif

Sep 11, 2008 at 8:54 PM Post #10 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the K340 were fostex made, a bit more refined then the CX300 at the time, selling for about 1.5x-2x the price, the newer ones actually look like AKG went somewhere else or even did them in house (which i doubt),

It's interesting that you mentioned that, as I was wondering if Foster make s (the drivers for) these new canalphones as well. I wouldn't be surprised if Foster can implement their drivers in housing designs other than their own.

Also, isn't this at least the second AKG model called the K340? I thought there was another K340 that was a full-sized headphone. This will be even more confusing than the whole Super.fi 5/ 5 pro naming.

Edit: philodox
biggrin.gif

Sep 12, 2008 at 2:36 AM Post #13 of 35
If anyone finds a retailer for the K370 please post it. Those look nice as hell and if the price is right, I will just grab a pair. I mean akg IEM can't be that bad can it. But damn I want some k370s...

Post if you see it!!

Sep 12, 2008 at 1:52 PM Post #14 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sorry, ment K324, excuse my mistake,

There actually is a new 'k340' model though... we weren't calling attention to a mistake you made, we were calling attention to an apparent oversight on AKGs part.
wink.gif

Jan 9, 2009 at 12:44 PM Post #15 of 35
Just returned my AKG K340 to the shop. I would give them 6.5/10 points.
I have ordered the AKG K370 instead, they should arrive next week.

The AKG K340 were nice, especially if you listen to R'n'B or Mariah Carey. But once you go to more complex sound like live concert or orchestra the driver's can't give you any detailed sound.

Good thing is that they are superlight. Looks good and have a low profile. Very good voice timbre and bass. Definitely alot of sound for the money (I paid 84 USD).

But remember that despite the fact that the earplugs only weighs 3g without cable, the cable contains a big fat 4cm volume controller of ~10g (stupidity in the design department?). It kept yanking my earplugs out of my ear when I was out running. So definitely not something you use in the gym.

So if the sound is so good, why only 6.5 out of 10?
1) if you need something small, low profile and ultralight for running - no good cause of big volume controller.
2) If you need small, low profile while you commute on the subway - not really, because the sound isolation is almost non-existing. You can hear other people talk unless you max out the volume.
3) Small stylish good looking while you are out in the city walking - yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back