New iMod for the iPod 5G: A Red Wine Audio/ALO Collaboration
Jun 27, 2007 at 11:46 PM Post #451 of 456
Quote:

Originally Posted by nfusion770 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am sure this has been mentioned, but I must have missed it.

I just got my female dock

Does the dock need burn in? If you have to burn it in, do you have to use the imod or can you use any ipod to burn it.

I should probably email Ken, but I figured you guys have a lot more time on your hands than he does
biggrin.gif

You can burn in the caps hooked up to any iPod lineout...I've asked Vinnie this question myself.

Jul 3, 2007 at 2:29 PM Post #453 of 456
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickknutson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can burn in the caps hooked up to any iPod lineout...I've asked Vinnie this question myself.

Hi Guys,

This is correct... but make sure that you have your iMod femaile dock connected to a load (e.g. your headphone amp) via a mini cable AND you are playing music.

I'm really glad to hear that you guys are enjoying your iMods!

Vinnie

Aug 19, 2007 at 5:44 PM Post #454 of 456
Vinnie, have you ever considered making a custom backplate for the iPod to make room for the caps inside the iPod? If you replace the back plate on a 30 gb iPod with the 80 gb version you should have an extra .12 inches to play with. Make a custom made back plate you would have enough room for an iBasso amp section in there. An all-in-one solution.

Aug 19, 2007 at 10:28 PM Post #455 of 456
Quote:

Originally Posted by frozenice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Vinnie, have you ever considered making a custom backplate for the iPod to make room for the caps inside the iPod? If you replace the back plate on a 30 gb iPod with the 80 gb version you should have an extra .12 inches to play with. Make a custom made back plate you would have enough room for an iBasso amp section in there. An all-in-one solution.

Thats a good Idea to put the caps in there. but I am sure the amount of people that want ibasso amps wont put enough demand on that whole package. Also I think most people want 80 gbs so that also makes in not that good of an idea. I dont think I could sacrifice 50 gb just so i dont need to buy an extra cable. Also that wouldnt really reduce the price because he would have to buy the back and that could be alot which would make the mod probably 350 or more. But anything is possible!!!

Aug 19, 2007 at 10:34 PM Post #456 of 456
I certainly wouldn't sacrifice HD space for having the caps inside the case. Heck, they fit in a dock cable after all. It's not like there is anything else to carry...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back