New IEMs arrived : OVC t25
Jan 9, 2007 at 6:10 PM Post #16 of 35
They do like very much like the Vibes...

but from the intial view of Robert here they sound very good and for that price pretty good! In fact I did quick search on eBay and was only able to find them being sold in Germany and just decided, what they heck? So I've put in an order for them. Going to cost £25 inc p&p which is about $45 or so (so more then Robert) but it was thet only auction that I could find on eBay.

But even at this price they'll do for unamped if they are as good as Robert says. Plus they'll do well for my pocket-PC phone which has a 2.5mm connector on the bottom (the stock buds are awful!)

Jan 9, 2007 at 6:12 PM Post #17 of 35
Where's the vent hole located? There 's a little pin sized hole... They don't isolate as much as my JVC fx55's , I can hear myself typing right now...

No vacuuum seal like the JVC's, more like having earbuds with Canalphone tips.

Looks like I got the last pair, don't see them either now... you might get them cheap if you look at the chinese ebay ( ebay.cn)

Jan 9, 2007 at 6:21 PM Post #18 of 35
well the people that are selling the ones that I brought were selling about 10 pairs or so (well they've got about 10 eBay auctions going on) with a buy-it-now.

Probably better for German reading Head-Fiers as I can only guess what most of the advert says. lol

Jan 9, 2007 at 6:33 PM Post #19 of 35
The sound is going trough some burn-in change right now, bit muffled
blink.gif
Hope it improves again
biggrin.gif

Just had a look at the german advert and it does not say much important stuff. Don't forget to ask for the 3,5 mm plug for 1 euro extra... ( The other seller gave it for free)

Price is a bit high, I only paid 22 euro's or 29 usd including shipping.

this chinese seller is cheaper, not sure how much shipping will be:

http://cgi.ebay.com.cn/ws/eBayISAPI....5_W0QQfromZR40

Jan 9, 2007 at 6:39 PM Post #21 of 35
Stupid, the plug was not connecting like it should and I was listening in Mono, me thinking it was Burn - In JEEZ! ( 3,5 mm adapter is not of high quality)

Jan 9, 2007 at 7:00 PM Post #23 of 35
Okay, time to leave that "observer-mode" I'm in, since discovering your nice forums
wink.gif

Those little things seem to be very hot, uh? Would be nice to get some kind of review or any head-to-head from someone who's able to compare the OVCs with the cx-300, jbl ref 220, vibes and so on...

I personally don't expect them being as good as the vibes or jbl ref at THAT pricepoint - but I'd like to be surprised as well
tongue.gif

If they would be anything above the Marshmallows, creative ep-630 and Sonys, they could become the perfect deal for me, since I live in Germany, where things like the v-modas aren't very easy to get, whereas the OVCs are available in ebay-germany - and their price is DEFINITELY hot!

PS: thanks for your sympathy for my wallet
rolleyes.gif

Jan 9, 2007 at 7:24 PM Post #24 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Where's the vent hole located? There 's a little pin sized hole..."

The little 'vent' hole can be seen in the pix of post #1 in the following thread. It seems that a lot of folks attribute that hole to the 'open' sound these phones provide.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=208981

The hole is there
icon10.gif

Jan 9, 2007 at 9:28 PM Post #25 of 35
They are beginning to sound better now, I was just listening to some Ultra lounge- swing collection cd's and it sounded great. Voices have nice refinement and body.

To much audiophile terms, don't know how to say all this in a cool way
confused.gif

Jan 9, 2007 at 9:36 PM Post #27 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With the ear pieces off they look like little miniture hair dryers. Maybe for mice?

did little mouse goblins in my shorts...

they realy do look like mini hair dryers.
basshead.gif

Jan 9, 2007 at 11:39 PM Post #28 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by robert1325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just had a look at the german advert and it does not say much important stuff. Don't forget to ask for the 3,5 mm plug for 1 euro extra... ( The other seller gave it for free)

Thanks for having a look at the advert ... I hadn't realised that the adaptor didn't come for free!! I'd have had them and only been able to use them with my PDA/phone - although that's not too much of a bind as that's what I'll probably end up using them with the most anyway.

Jan 10, 2007 at 2:45 AM Post #29 of 35
Alright, I'm on board, I'd been thinking of buying some better canalphones anyway. Now I can replace my OEM ep-630 with OEM vibes. Should get them in a day or two as the seller is also supposedly in Berlin. I was sorely tempted to suggest a lower price just to see if they'd bite, but then I'd feel like an a-ss if they all sold first! Just when I was about to have the fam back in the US grab me a pair of JBL ref 220.

Jan 12, 2007 at 1:39 AM Post #30 of 35
They arrived this morning. The sound signature fits the description of the Vibes pretty closely, though perhaps not as bassy. The bass is there, but not emphasized at all. Compared to the ep-630, these sound faster, have a much better soundstage, are a bit clearer, but have considerably less bass presence. Less isolation of course, but also mercifully about ten times less cable noise. I feel like they'd really benefit from amping, but that'll have to wait for tomorrow. Even with the bass issue, they're clearly superior to the ep-630.

And though natural aluminum would be nice indeed, these are tinged ice blue, and have a blue cable. Not exactly gunmetal manly.

Also I'm wondering what the real OEM situation is with these. V-Moda talks about engineering a lot, which seems to indicate a more proprietary relationship than, say, Senn, Creative, Sharp, AKG, etc. have with the evidently Foster's-designed canalphone. Is the t25 an attempt on the part of the manufacturer to sell an extra run under a different name by simply changing the color and terminating with a 2.5mm plug instead of the 3.5? Can people say where they heard these rumors of legal issues and discontinuation? Or maybe a V-Moda person will spot this thread and give us the real story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back