New IEMs arrived : OVC t25
Jan 9, 2007 at 3:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

robert1325

500+ Head-Fier
Hi,

Today my OVC t25 phones arrived, they look familiar
redface.gif

Build quality seems good and my first impressions on the SQ are very positive...

They sound much better than my JVC fx 55 IEM's ( are these slightly better than the Marshmallows?) Very fast A/B test vs. my old model px100's show the OVC's are better. More details and depth, they sound very big. But I'm still getting used to these, only listened to them for about a hour.
biggrin.gif

The fit is very different from my JVC's, they do not really seal but sound good when you just pop them in.

There is one snag, the plug is 2,5mm but I got a free 3,5 mm adapter supplied. Also the color is not my taste (Sea blue ?)

Oh yeah, I paid 29 usd including shipping
basshead.gif

Some pic's :

P1010100.JPG

P1010102.JPG

P1010104.JPG

P1010105.JPG

Jan 9, 2007 at 3:53 PM Post #3 of 35
found them on ebay. specs are a little different than the vibes. i suppose ovc and v-moda are buying the housing from the same supplier? interesting. i'm tempted to get these for the hell of it and hear what they sound like. i like the natural aluminum color of the body.

Jan 9, 2007 at 4:02 PM Post #4 of 35
I heard they are discontinued because of legal stuff... so grab your chance !
You also get a nice pouch and one of those things to roll you cable around.

The OVC tc20 should be good to, but they need an amp. I don't own an amplifier so I cannot compare but I feel they aren't difficult to drive.

Robert

Jan 9, 2007 at 4:05 PM Post #5 of 35
The accessories look identical to Vibes as well.

Jan 9, 2007 at 4:21 PM Post #6 of 35
Yeah, they stopped making them. They aren't quite the same as the Vibes internally so they don't sound quite the same. I have the TC20's and I don't like them. They sound a little tinny and hollow. When I get back to the states i will be happy to sell them to someone. Some people really like them comparing the TC20 to the UM2's and liking the 20's better. What ever floats your boat.

Oh, the accessories aren't the same except for possibly the extra ear pieces.

Jan 9, 2007 at 4:41 PM Post #8 of 35
Still listening, My Audigy 2 soundcard is ***** and my Rio carbon is broken so I have to listen with my 128 mb Benq mp3 player... Constantly loading new stuff on the mp3 player...

The sound is very impressive, Radiohead's amnesiac sounds so full and not muddy like my px100's ! Seperation is also very good.
These are musical IEM's not to analytical and bright , the sound is more on the warm side but not overly like the px100 sometimes.

My experience with headphones is not much, My dad owns some AKG k500's which never sounded good because he uses them ampless. But I do know what good sound is ( I grew up with B&W 801s2 and Audion 300B amps in the living room !)

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

Jan 9, 2007 at 4:58 PM Post #10 of 35
With the ear pieces off they look like little miniture hair dryers. Maybe for mice?

Jan 9, 2007 at 5:02 PM Post #11 of 35
Thank you, That super macro setting comes in very handy
tongue.gif

Anyone looking for a great bargain , get these while you can.

This is the best ultra portable sound i've ever listened to, much closer to my speakers than I want it to be! Didn't expect such a big and 3d sound from those small plugs.

Curious how the Meizu m6 is going to sound with the OVC's

Robert

Jan 9, 2007 at 5:14 PM Post #12 of 35
Can't stop writing about the sound! Enjoyable as hell! The bass is very tight, it does not draw attention to itself . Not broken in yet but the Highs sound nice and smooth.

I hear things and think they are real, but It's all in the recording. The clarinet sounds very convincing with enough warmth and body ( my sister plays the clarinet)
basshead.gif

Jan 9, 2007 at 5:54 PM Post #13 of 35
Expected a lot more response than this, Must be because I'm not a senior yet
cool.gif
Everyone is drooling about those marshmallows and the cx300's , this one is excactly in between price-wise .
icon10.gif

Ah well, I'll just keep this secret to myself and enjoy them!

Jan 9, 2007 at 6:01 PM Post #15 of 35
Yeah, looks nearly identical to the Vibes. Doesn't look like these have the little 'vent' hole, though, at least from the posted pix. How much outside sound can you hear while wearing them? The Vibes supposedly let in a fair amount, compared to sealed phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back