New IEM to buy in Hamburg, Germany
Oct 17, 2012 at 10:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

visanj

100+ Head-Fier
Hi

I came to Germany for a visit and I'm thinking to buy IEM here. I found a electronics shop (Saturn) which has many brands but not the one I was looking for

I currently have Brainwavz M2 and I am looking for IEMs with similar signature. I decided on Monster MDT but this store doesn't have MDT. They have Sennheiser IE80

Could anyone in this forum please let me know if Sennheiser IE80 is comparable to Monster MDT or Brainwavz M2 in terms of 'Musical' and 'Forgiving' nature?

If not could anyone suggest me any other IEM witih MDT's signature?

Thanks

Oct 17, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #2 of 11
The Sennheiser IE80 has very engaging soundsignature with warm, crisp, clear mids, highs and tight punchy bass and also it offer fairly wide soundstage, i wil highly reommend to try these. The Denon C300 are also great buy if need more bass punch in music with wider soundstag and crsp clean mids and highs. Please tell us more about the genres music you listen and which soundsignature you preffer like overall more balanced or bassheavy.

Oct 18, 2012 at 1:41 AM Post #3 of 11
Quote:
The Sennheiser IE80 has very engaging soundsignature with warm, crisp, clear mids, highs and tight punchy bass and also it offer fairly wide soundstage, i wil highly reommend to try these. The Denon C300 are also great buy if need more bass punch in music with wider soundstag and crsp clean mids and highs. Please tell us more about the genres music you listen and which soundsignature you preffer like overall more balanced or bassheavy.

Thanks for your inputs

I basically listen to Jazz, Pop and Indian music. My main requirement is the IEM should be musical,engaging and forgiving. I don't need analytical sound as most of the tracks I listen has subpar recording quality though its FLAC. So the IEM should be forgiving as well

Is Sennheiser IE80 able to forgive subpar recordings?

Oct 18, 2012 at 12:14 PM Post #4 of 11
Yes because they are not details oriented IEMs and they have warm soundsignature, they will definitely match well with these genres music.

Oct 18, 2012 at 1:06 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:
Yes because they are not details oriented IEMs and they have warm soundsignature, they will definitely match well with these genres music.

Thanks. Then I am done with my decision...

Also I'm looking for a good digital audio player though I have Clip+ as I'm looking for good user interface like ipod touch. But I'm not sure if New Ipod Touch 5 or Ipod Nano 7G will sound good. Any inputs on this please?

Thanks again for helping me to decide

Oct 18, 2012 at 2:27 PM Post #6 of 11
Actualy New Nano is very good sounding and IMO better than Clip+ because tighter punchy bass and overall very crisp clear sounding, The iTouch is even better because it's shows more details but little less punchy bass than Nano. There are more DAPs like Sony F, Z, New S series walkmen (Andriod APPs like Neutron, Power AMPs increase soundquality even further) and they are amazingly detailed and they can connect with AMPs through WM-Port (line out) for better soundquality (i hope you will enjoy Sennheiser IE80 with these).

Oct 19, 2012 at 2:02 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:
Actualy New Nano is very good sounding and IMO better than Clip+ because tighter punchy bass and overall very crisp clear sounding, The iTouch is even better because it's shows more details but little less punchy bass than Nano. There are more DAPs like Sony F, Z, New S series walkmen (Andriod APPs like Neutron, Power AMPs increase soundquality even further) and they are amazingly detailed and they can connect with AMPs through WM-Port (line out) for better soundquality (i hope you will enjoy Sennheiser IE80 with these).

Thanks for your suggestions. I actually like the warm sound of Clip+, so I'm just wondering if Nano or iTouch 5 will have warm sound as in Clip+

Oct 19, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #8 of 11
The all iPod has almost same soundsignature( New Nano has cleaner more punchy bass, overall clean rich detailed, neutral and iTouch is same but little less bassy and more on detailed side) and it's not warm like Clip+ or Fuze but Samsung P2, P3 has almost same soundsignature as Clip+ which is warm, crisp, clear but little bassheavy (BTW iRiver H320, H340 also has warm, rich, detailed soundsignature).

Oct 22, 2012 at 12:41 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:
The all iPod has almost same soundsignature( New Nano has cleaner more punchy bass, overall clean rich detailed, neutral and iTouch is same but little less bassy and more on detailed side) and it's not warm like Clip+ or Fuze but Samsung P2, P3 has almost same soundsignature as Clip+ which is warm, crisp, clear but little bassheavy (BTW iRiver H320, H340 also has warm, rich, detailed soundsignature).

Thanks for your inputs.. Will have a look on that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back