NEW Ibasso D42 Mamba!
Jul 23, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #47 of 104
Received mine! It works plug and play with my Galaxy S4 (International version) without activate debugging mode and dead silent (No EMI) with stock Opamps.

It works great with my T-Peos H-200 and i dont consider it bass light. With the stock opamps it adds weight and body to the H-200 impactful bass..

Listen the Disclosure album its a p`leasure with them..

Aug 29, 2013 at 6:59 AM Post #50 of 104
I cant compare because its my first headphone amp, but this Ibasso D42 is great, i've changed the stock opamps for  2 OPA1611, and its perfect. The Ibasso customer service its great as well.

Whats the sound signature like with the stock opamps compared to the ones you rolled?

Aug 30, 2013 at 4:06 AM Post #52 of 104
Quote:
I cant compare because its my first headphone amp, but this Ibasso D42 is great, i've changed the stock opamps for  2 OPA1611, and its perfect. The Ibasso customer service its great as well.

How do you open it up to get to the opamps?  I'm assuming though the front, but does the volume knob have to be removed?

Sep 5, 2013 at 3:36 AM Post #54 of 104
I own a D4. I am interested in how much better this sounds. I am using OPA1612 as opamp. The 42 seems to be more oriented at the OTG-market as well. Combined with an android device, this might be an excellent portable audio set-up.

I am still thinking about a dedicated player like DX100 and recently DX50 and all other similar devices in that price range to replace my Clip+ for on-the-go.

Sep 9, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #56 of 104
I own a D4. I am interested in how much better this sounds. I am using OPA1612 as opamp. The 42 seems to be more oriented at the OTG-market as well. Combined with an android device, this might be an excellent portable audio set-up.

I am still thinking about a dedicated player like DX100 and recently DX50 and all other similar devices in that price range to replace my Clip+ for on-the-go.

I wonder how this would sound with the DX50!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back