NEW! iBasso D-Zero Mk2
Mar 11, 2015 at 4:23 AM Post #182 of 334
It says take digital signal from iPhone or iPad with CCK. Anyone got their idevice working on it? Will the lightning to mirousb adapter works the same as CCK, the CCK is just too long.

Edit : After searching around, I've read that the CCK and the adapter works differently, so it won't work. An amazon review said the CCK worked flawlessly. Time for Tidal..

Mar 15, 2015 at 8:01 AM Post #183 of 334
Hi all, newbie headphone listener here.
I'm a regular listener of music (more or less 6-7 hours per day) and I am used to listen to music with my HiFi at home with my floorstanding speakers (Canton GLE496, previously JBL 
L80T directly from the Eighties).​
I recently had to travel a lot and I started to follow this community to get some tips and tricks while building my "travel gear" and I have to say I found great suggestions here. I was not a real supporter of portable audio but I have to say that when I'm abroad I start to miss good quality of music.

I am following the iBasso D-Zero Mk2 threads and, meanwhile, the new FiiO e17k Alpen 2 threads and I am quite undecided among the two. I was previously considering also the SMSL M2 but people are reporting huge problems with that device (ASIO drivers don't working, USB to pc no recognized after weeks of use etc.) which sounds really bad.

As far as I read, iBasso and e17K are amp+dac and they can be used with pc (usb connection) and with android devices (i'm on a rooted custom rom SGS2 so I think I will not have any compatibility issue).
I listen to every kind of music, even if im more into experimental rock (King Crimson), Jazz ("ecm style") and technical death metal (yea, Meshuggah and stuff).
Price gap between the two is really low (we're talking about 30 bucks more for the FiiO) so I am asking you what you suggest for a user like me.

At the moment at home I use a pair of AKG K240MkII (55Ω) and while I'm travelling I use a pair of Sennheiser IEM CX300ii (16Ω). I use a lot my android device but I would like a device that can work good even with my pc (running windows 8.1)

Thank you for your help

Mar 15, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #184 of 334
I'm a regular listener of music (more or less 6-7 hours per day) and I am used to listen to music with my HiFi at home with my floorstanding speakers (Canton GLE496, previously JBL 
[COLOR=141823]L80T directly from the Eighties).[/COLOR]​
I recently had to travel a lot and I started to follow this community to get some tips and tricks while building my "travel gear" and I have to say I found great suggestions here. I was not a real supporter of portable audio but I have to say that when I'm abroad I start to miss good quality of music.

I am following the iBasso D-Zero Mk2 threads and, meanwhile, the new FiiO e17k Alpen 2 threads and I am quite undecided among the two. I was previously considering also the SMSL M2 but people are reporting huge problems with that device (ASIO drivers don't working, USB to pc no recognized after weeks of use etc.) which sounds really bad.

As far as I read, iBasso and e17K are amp+dac and they can be used with pc (usb connection) and with android devices (i'm on a rooted custom rom SGS2 so I think I will not have any compatibility issue).
I listen to every kind of music, even if im more into experimental rock (King Crimson), Jazz ("ecm style") and technical death metal (yea, Meshuggah and stuff).
Price gap between the two is really low (we're talking about 30 bucks more for the FiiO) so I am asking you what you suggest for a user like me.

At the moment at home I use a pair of AKG K240MkII (55Ω) and while I'm travelling I use a pair of Sennheiser IEM CX300ii (16Ω). I use a lot my android device but I would like a device that can work good even with my pc (running windows 8.1)

Thank you for your help

How about a designated DAP that you can also use as a DAC for your PC. Maybe like a Astell & Kern AK100II

Mar 15, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #189 of 334
L80T directly from the Eighties).​

Thank you for your help

both dac/amp ( ibasso d-zero mk2 and fiio e17k) are compatible with android enabled OTG, which one is good are depending on your favor and setup 

Mar 16, 2015 at 1:35 AM Post #190 of 334
I have been looking to get the ibasso dac/amp you cant beat it for the price. I like my Fiio E07k but its a little big and on the go you have to worry about breaking the screen.

Mar 16, 2015 at 4:28 AM Post #191 of 334
I definitely have not heard either the E17k or iBasso D-Zero MK2, but what I know is that the E17k shares the same PCM5102 DAC with the E10k. I'm not sure about the amps though.

Mar 16, 2015 at 5:37 AM Post #192 of 334
Oh well, I placed my order on Amazon today for the iBasso. FiiO e17k has some more features but I was looking for a basic amp/dac and whenever I will need something more powerful I will look not for an entry level gear. Plus, I like the iBasso design.
I have to wait a little because here in Italy they can't ship it with "prime" but as soon as I have it I will share my opinions.
Thank you all for the help

Mar 17, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #193 of 334
I think you'll be very happy with the d-zero mk2.  Not that the E17k would have been such a bad choice but I think the iBasso was an upgrade over my E07k.  And now that I have it paired up with the E-12 I am very happy with my portable rig.

Mar 17, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #195 of 334
Don't know first hand but according to this, the S2 does not do OTG.  Look through the list on the page for compatible phones.  The Desire 816 is not listed but I'm running that without any problems.  There are several no-contract phones under $100 that will do OTG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back