New hybrid amp by Little Dot, I+
Mar 24, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #796 of 805
On my amp, when the switches are in the "on" position, the gain is low. Most likely the switches were soldered the wrong way. Maybe yours is the same.

Il go back to stock tonight to see if that's the case.. might as well be. I got the v4 circuit board if that makes any difference.

Mar 24, 2017 at 9:59 AM Post #797 of 805
Got my new pot in. Love it, works great. Front 3 pins fit in the pcb as planned. Had to run wires from all 3 rear pins which was not too difficult. I also put a strip of electrical tape across them to be safe.

Mar 25, 2017 at 5:44 AM Post #798 of 805
On my amp, when the switches are in the "on" position, the gain is low. Most likely the switches were soldered the wrong way. Maybe yours is the same.

It was set to low gain by default. I missed the "low" text when i was fiddling around the last time. Now everything is back in order :)

Mar 25, 2017 at 6:32 AM Post #800 of 805
I seriously can't believe how good this sounds now with this new pot. Of course between that, the muses02 and my Mullard 8100s it better sound good since I put more money into mods than the original amp price, ha.  This is a very nice knob, I'm sure you'll like it.  I still haven't tracked down my left channel hum, but it seems to be significantly reduced.  It is lower than the noise floor on a lot of recordings and only shows up with my NT6 Pro, so it really only bothers me psychologically.  

Mar 25, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #801 of 805
  I seriously can't believe how good this sounds now with this new pot. Of course between that, the muses02 and my Mullard 8100s it better sound good since I put more money into mods than the original amp price, ha.  This is a very nice knob, I'm sure you'll like it.  I still haven't tracked down my left channel hum, but it seems to be significantly reduced.  It is lower than the noise floor on a lot of recordings and only shows up with my NT6 Pro, so it really only bothers me psychologically.  

So you would recommend the muses02 with the 8100s? 

Mar 25, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #802 of 805
So you would recommend the muses02 with the 8100s? 
I can say it sounds great now, but not sure how much of that is the opamp. I don't think I'd pay $40 for it again TBH, but if you could find a genuine one for a good price it might be worth it.

Mar 29, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #803 of 805
How are these with superlux HD668B, or low impedence DT990 premium?  I'm looking to listen to a little tubey sound at a budget price now and then, and would like it to warm up colder analytical sounding phones without losing the bottom end control. I'm hoping these would give me that answer!

Mar 29, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #804 of 805
Works great with low impedance cans. The only headphone i have that isn't a fantastic match is the Sony MDR CD900ST but they are suuuper sensitive. 50% on a smartphone is blasting!. The amps has a lot of power though so with most low impedance cans you have to be careful with the knob. 

Mar 30, 2017 at 2:57 AM Post #805 of 805
  How are these with superlux HD668B, or low impedence DT990 premium?  I'm looking to listen to a little tubey sound at a budget price now and then, and would like it to warm up colder analytical sounding phones without losing the bottom end control. I'm hoping these would give me that answer!

Works great with low impedance cans. The only headphone i have that isn't a fantastic match is the Sony MDR CD900ST but they are suuuper sensitive. 50% on a smartphone is blasting!. The amps has a lot of power though so with most low impedance cans you have to be careful with the knob. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back