New hybrid amp by Little Dot, I+
Nov 8, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #586 of 805
Okay, I replaced the fuse, and it's back to normal.
smily_headphones1.gif

BTW, how can I get some replacements in case this happens again? It says F0,3AL250.

Nov 8, 2009 at 12:52 PM Post #587 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by SirDrexl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay, I replaced the fuse, and it's back to normal.
smily_headphones1.gif

BTW, how can I get some replacements in case this happens again? It says F0,3AL250.

I believe its a 1 amp fuse.

Nov 9, 2009 at 8:31 AM Post #588 of 805
Hey all, just after some thoughts and advice!

Now i have ordered a pair of Grado SR-225i which are on their way, and im looking at options for amping them in the very near future.

I want to create a desktop setup as its all that i can really allow for right now.

So i was looking at this

Computer -> Musiland Monitor 02 -> Little Dot I+ -> Grado 225i

So i guess im asking does this look like a nice low budget setup?? Do i have the correct connections from the Musiland to the Little Dot? I think i saw just RCA on the back of the little dot.

Some feedback and or advice would be much appreciated
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 9, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #589 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by oblivious /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Now i have ordered a pair of Grado SR-225i which are on their way, and im looking at options for amping them in the very near future.

I want to create a desktop setup as its all that i can really allow for right now.

So i was looking at this

So i guess im asking does this look like a nice low budget setup?? Do i have the correct connections from the Musiland to the Little Dot? I think i saw just RCA on the back of the little dot.

smily_headphones1.gif

I would be interested as well. I own the SR225i and the Monitor 02 dac. I might get the Little Dot if I can't get the EF1.

Nov 9, 2009 at 5:14 PM Post #590 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by oblivious /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So i was looking at this

smily_headphones1.gif

Don't have the musiland monitor 02 but it looks like a good piece of gear. It has RCA outs so just connect to the LD RCA's I've got the 225's with the LD 1+ and i think theres very good synergy there. You'll prolly want to roll some better tubes but I think you'll be happy with this as a low budget setup.
beerchug.gif

Nov 10, 2009 at 12:46 AM Post #591 of 805
Love my LD 1+. Got some BRMAR T 9D6 EF92 NOS tubes off eBay and they are so much better than the stock tubes. I had a collection of headphone amps until I bought this and I sold them all (Creek, Pro-ject and a couple of others). Currently using HD595 and SR-80i's but looking to upgrade to 225i's or MS1 in the next week or so. My source is very good (Arcam CD17) and the LD copes so well.

Amazing bit of kit.

Without wishing to seem lazy (there are 40 pages to this) what are the op-amp options for this amp? Thanks in advance!!

Nov 10, 2009 at 3:40 PM Post #593 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by SirDrexl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It says F0,3AL250.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ford2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe its a 1 amp fuse.

I'd read that as a fast 0.3 A 250 V fuse but I could be wrong.

A 110-120 V version and 220-240 V version of the amp would likely have a different fuse. What versions do you have?

Is it a glass fuse? What is the physical size? Is it 5 mm x 20 mm?

Nov 11, 2009 at 10:25 PM Post #596 of 805
Funny thing happened today:

D2000 + Macbook amp = FAIL

D2000 + iPhone = Not a complete Fail, but not a Win either

D2000 + Little Dot I+ = WIN!

I don't know why people spend all their money on a more expensive amp, these things are money off the Little Dot I+. In case anyone is wondering, I changed the opamp to an LT1364 and swapped the tubes with Mullards. These headphones need a decent amp to perform. I heard Stereo receivers work great as well, but I'll reserve judgement until I try it.

Nov 11, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #598 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by ford2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you look in the manual it will tell you.

I had checked, but I couldn't find it in the manual. Anyway, I emailed David and he said I could generally use any 250V 3A fuse, and 1A type fuses work as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back