New hybrid amp by Little Dot, I+
Oct 15, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #556 of 805
I'm seriously considering this amplifier. It seems to jive with all the headphones I've got. I actually read the thread front to back... I'm such a loser. :p

Anyway, gear list:

ATH-AD700
Sony MDR-V6
Gf has some SR80i's
I'm buying some SR325i's here very shortly...

I'm about to go off and read the tube rolling thread but I may find a way to order this amp up on friday and start giving it a good hard listen on my ATH's.
smily_headphones1.gif

At 140$ it's not that huge of an investment.

Oct 15, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #557 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aynjell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm seriously considering this amplifier. It seems to jive with all the headphones I've got. I actually read the thread front to back... I'm such a loser. :p

Anyway, gear list:

ATH-AD700
Sony MDR-V6
Gf has some SR80i's
I'm buying some SR325i's here very shortly...

I'm about to go off and read the tube rolling thread but I may find a way to order this amp up on friday and start giving it a good hard listen on my ATH's.
smily_headphones1.gif

At 140$ it's not that huge of an investment.

I think you will love it with your ad700s, i also use it with my MS1s and it sounds very nice
beerchug.gif

Oct 15, 2009 at 4:04 AM Post #558 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kawai_man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you will love it with your ad700s, i also use it with my MS1s and it sounds very nice
beerchug.gif

I'll probably place the order for it on friday, then. That or on my next paycheck... wait until I actually have some real money. :p

I'm off to read the tube rolling thread now.
biggrin.gif

Oct 16, 2009 at 3:24 AM Post #560 of 805
Quote:

Ordered my I+.
atsmile.gif
atsmile.gif
atsmile.gif
atsmile.gif

Congrats!
beerchug.gif

Oct 16, 2009 at 3:26 AM Post #561 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by lazpete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats!
beerchug.gif

I'm really looking forward to this, partially because of the tweakability, and because it prefaces my next purchase.

Grado SR325i's on the 13th of november. And it'll be good to take it into custom electronics and give it a good listen.

Oct 16, 2009 at 1:48 PM Post #563 of 805
At first, I thought there was no benefit to using this amp past my macbook amp, but then I noticed that when you turn up the volume on the macbook you get more bass but it starts to distort the mids and highs. As opposed to using a stand alone amp like this which gives bass plus NO distortion. I'm happy with it and even if I get upgraditis, I'm keeping this sucker.

Oct 16, 2009 at 10:00 PM Post #564 of 805
I received my LD I+ back from repairs yesterday! I was concerned at first, because there was a noticeable channel imbalance and a little hissing, but I figured out that it was just a defective opamp. I ordered a LT1364, and hopefully that will get here around tuesday or so.

Oct 24, 2009 at 6:09 AM Post #566 of 805
I installed the LT1364 last Wednesday, and wow! It sounds a lot better than the opamp I was borrowing from the amp section of my Zero. I also emailed David to ask if it was dangerous to use the LT1364 in the I+, and he told me that it shouldn't cause any problems.

Oct 27, 2009 at 3:43 AM Post #568 of 805
Quote:

Mines here. Got it burning in at my desk at work.

Hey Aynjell,
I'm considering this little amp to substitute for my Millet "Starving Student" Hybrid, maybe you can help me with a question:

Is there any turn on/off thump? The MSSH has a capacitor coupled output and it produces a VERY loud thump on turn on/off; this both worries me and annoys me. Now one can 'avoid' it by simply turning the amp on and then plugging the cans in, and viceversa for turning the thing off; the problem is power outages are not that rare where I live and the loud thump in my cans really upsets me.

Also, does anyone know if it is still possible to order this amp from ebay with EF92 or W408B tubes? I don't see any mention of these options in the ebay item page.

Thanks in advance.

cheers!

Oct 27, 2009 at 1:38 PM Post #570 of 805
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_equalizer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Aynjell,
I'm considering this little amp to substitute for my Millet "Starving Student" Hybrid, maybe you can help me with a question:

Is there any turn on/off thump? The MSSH has a capacitor coupled output and it produces a VERY loud thump on turn on/off; this both worries me and annoys me. Now one can 'avoid' it by simply turning the amp on and then plugging the cans in, and viceversa for turning the thing off; the problem is power outages are not that rare where I live and the loud thump in my cans really upsets me.

Also, does anyone know if it is still possible to order this amp from ebay with EF92 or W408B tubes? I don't see any mention of these options in the ebay item page.

Thanks in advance.

cheers!

It pings and garbles a bit on it's way out but it's not a huge thump on turn off. On turn on you can tell it turns on.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back