New HTC 10--Audio Impressions
Oct 18, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #436 of 476
I will go probably to G7 because of processor. But in my country both have 64gb/64gb ram

If I could't find adapter exactly what you say may I buy one of this two? With will be better quality? I must have adapter with doesn't colorize sound like monster guitar cables, I use for my guitar planet waves American Stage, wery transparent...

https://www.thomann.de/pl/pro_snake_tpa_1003_bk.htm

https://www.ceneo.pl/8526416

Ok nice! I have a friend who has the G7 and loves it too.

Well neither of those will work. They appear to not be the right size. Send me the link for Amazon Poland (or nearest one to you that SHIPS to Poland) and I'll look for it there. You can also just get the adapter with no 6-inch cable in it, but I prefer the cable to give you some slack or wiggle room.

Oct 18, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #439 of 476
All good here Rockstar good to hear all is good. Crazy how the audio world changes. when Beats teamed up with HTC they had only 12 employees!

Nice!

12 eh? lol Wow.

Yeah man. Glad to see audiophile phones being put out there more and more. I just wish Apple and Samsung would push more for it too, ESPECIALLY since they charge so much for their phones. If you go by price, they should be #1 and #2 (Apple then Samsung) for audio quality on their phones. But they're not. lol Samsung MAYBE OUTSIDE of the U.S., but not in. F'ing hate we constantly get shortchanged vs. other countries. And they get away with it too cuz most ppl here don't care about audio quality that much. But if they did, you'd have MORE competition and who wins when companies compete harder? WE doooooo!! :L3000: LOL

Oct 18, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #440 of 476

YW!

Ok so Denmark one. Got it.

Ok found one here! It's just an adapter, not an adapter cable, but it'll do just fine! Order ASAP if you're buying G7. This will enable you to enjoy the nice volume bump (about a 15-20% increase) that comes from implementing the Aux Trick. The gold-plated tips should ensure that it lasts a very long time.

Oct 23, 2018 at 10:08 PM Post #443 of 476
Thank you...

Please tell me...

If I connect small adapter to my HTC 10 it improve loud level on headphones?

If I connect small adapter but big jack (other than this) it improve loud level on my synth on headphones on my Yamaha MOXF6?

Oct 24, 2018 at 1:09 AM Post #444 of 476
Thank you...

Please tell me...

If I connect small adapter to my HTC 10 it improve loud level on headphones?

If I connect small adapter but big jack (other than this) it improve loud level on my synth on headphones on my Yamaha MOXF6?

No. The "Aux Trick" ONLY works on LG phones with a Quad DAC. So don't bother with the 10 or Yamaha.

Ok, The "Aux Trick" is simple....................but you MUST do it in this order: plug the male end of the adapter into the LG phone first. Then, plug in the headphone's connector into the female end of the adapter. This simple trick will TRIGGER Aux Mode in the G7. You should be able to confirm this in the Quad DAC's Settings page, which you can access from the notification pane. IF for some reason it's not there, there is an app that can confirm it. Just let me know.

Well there ya go! Let us know how you like the phone, the Quad DAC, etc.! :L3000:

Oct 27, 2018 at 12:28 AM Post #446 of 476
Thank you Rockstar. I check this for now only on lg earbuds. I check this on Akg tomorrow. On lg earbuds is louder but i can't see this on dac settings... It's louder but i not confirm anything in settings it is ok?

Yeah the settings won't show anything. But there is about a 15-20% difference in volume between Normal Mode and Aux Mode (from my own past experiences). And yeah, HIM is even louder. lol

Yeah lemme know on the AKGs. Which AKG do u have again?

Oct 27, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #447 of 476
I have the same on akg... With adapter is louder but i can't see any aux mode or him mode in dac settings... I cant chose between aux and him.

On my music on memory card, with adapter G7 is on aboute the same loudness as htc 10 but on youtube G7 with adapter is a a lot more quiet than htc 10 :frowning2:
On akg k 812 open back 36 ohms

Please help...

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2018 at 4:54 PM Post #448 of 476
I have the same on akg... With adapter is louder but i can't see any aux mode or him mode in dac settings... I cant chose between aux and him.

On my music on memory card, with adapter G7 is on aboute the same loudness as htc 10 but on youtube G7 with adapter is a a lot more quiet than htc 10 :frowning2:
On akg k 812 open back 36 ohms

Please help...

Ok sounds like you have same issue as me. My T-Mobile version of the LG V30 had same issue. So I got THIS app and it will tell you what mode you're in.

It's weird because my sister has the V30 through Verizon and her's has that info, so she didn't need the app. Not a big deal though. Just download it and let me know what's going on.

Well open-backs need more power than closed-backs at same impedance to be as loud. I just found that out recently.

Keep experimenting with the G7 some more after getting app and keep me posted.

Are you noticing a difference with the adapter vs. without??

Oct 28, 2018 at 9:09 PM Post #449 of 476
Thank you very much. With adapter is louder than without adapter. On lg earbuds I think more detailed, punchy bass, and more sharp highs, but maybe its only louder and its better dynamic for not very loud listening I must check again...

I download this app and it tells me only "hi fi"
if I connect my Akg and the same situation on lg earbuds.
And it tells me only "aux" when I use adapter. It's correct?
I can't change anything. It's correct?
Icon of "pro headphones" newer shows... It's correct?
Why Akg notifocation isn't "proffesional" and shows the same notification like lg earbuds? It's correct?

Please help... If I'm on the last step on loudness with "aux"?
If I may be louder than that "aux"?

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2018 at 9:48 PM Post #450 of 476
Thank you very much. With adapter is louder than without adapter. On lg earbuds I think more detailed, punchy bass, and more sharp highs, but maybe its only louder and its better dynamic for not very loud listening I must check again...

I download this app and it tells me only "hi fi"
if I connect my Akg and the same situation on lg earbuds.
And it tells me only "aux" when I use adapter. It's correct?
I can't change anything. It's correct?
Icon of "pro headphones" newer shows... It's correct?
Why Akg notifocation isn't "proffesional" and shows the same notification like lg earbuds? It's correct?

Please help... If I'm on the last step on loudness with "aux"?
If I may be louder than that "aux"?

YW! Glad the app helped!!

No dom, it's JUST louder. lol You're not hearing more quality, you're just hearing the quality that's there b/c of the volume bump. No need to check again.

Yeah when you use the adapter it should say Aux or "External Device Connected". They are the SAME THING/MODE.

No you can't. Not through the app anyway. To change you have to remove or add the adapter back into the mix.

Pro headphones? I have no idea what that is or what you're referring to.

I don't know on AKG notification at all. You will have to research elsewhere about that, unless someone else reading this knows what he's referring to?

The only way to get louder that what the adapter is giving you in aux is either to: 1) Use HIGHER impedance headphones than what you have now, like over 50 ohms. This will trigger "High Impedance Mode" (HIM) I believe which will give you the LOUDEST volume bumip. 2) If you want to use headphones that are below 50 ohms and still get HIM, then you will need a high impedance adapter, like this one (MAKE SURE you buy the 75 ohm one. Or you can buy from this seller instead. Up to you.). That is a link to the eBay one which sells internationally. You can try checking on your local eBay site or Amazon if you wish since it may come in sooner. But I would only buy it if you REALLY feel the volume isn't loud enough for you using the "aux" adapter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back