New HTC 10--Audio Impressions
Oct 17, 2018 at 1:10 AM Post #406 of 476
Thank you very much.

I have the AKG K812 (36 ohms) for few days. I may change them but I don't know what is best in my price 699 euro. I must have reference headphones, open back for mixing an mastering. I have also Meze 99 classics - close back, (32 ohms) and I thinking of using it for recording guitars and vocals, but they are not reference, but I think flat with more bass (I hope that isn't be a problem when I will be sing or play guitars for recordings).

LG V30 is much more loudest in normal mode than HTC 10?

When LG V40 will be available?

YW!

Ok well, open-backs they say require more power than closed-backs at the same impedance. So what I'll recommend you do is what is known as the "Aux Trick", which will trick the Quad DAC into going into Aux mode instead of Normal for these sub-50 ohm headphones. Thing is, I've heard that there's a chance the V40 might actually let you change the amp mode w/o the need for tricks. But I won't know that until the V40 is released. So once you decide what you're gonna do, I can explain the "Aux Trick" to you.

Those are nice headphones, esp the K812! I used to own the 99 Cs as well.

From my own memory, the HTC 10 I believe is, at its loudest, somewhere in between Aux and HIM.

The LG V40 gets released on the 18th, or tomorrow (Thursday)!!

Oct 17, 2018 at 2:22 AM Post #407 of 476
Please tell me LG 7 is newest than V30, but V30 audio quality is better right?

I hear from polish reviews that HTC U12+ has amazing audio quality the same like LG G7 but HTC is louder. That's true? HTC doesn't have jack port. Adapter for traditional jack isn't god way, because decrease audio quality I'm right?

Oct 17, 2018 at 4:17 AM Post #408 of 476
Thank you very much.

I have the AKG K812 (36 ohms) for few days. I may change them but I don't know what is best in my price 699 euro. I must have reference headphones, open back for mixing an mastering. I have also Meze 99 classics - close back, (32 ohms) and I thinking of using it for recording guitars and vocals, but they are not reference, but I think flat with more bass (I hope that isn't be a problem when I will be sing or play guitars for recordings).

LG V30 is much more loudest in normal mode than HTC 10?

When LG V40 will be available?

If you have a decent phone that you are satisfied with, instead of getting another phone you might consider investing in a portable DAC/AMP like the FiiO Q5 or iFi xDSD.
You can use that with your current smartphone via OTG USB or Bluetooth. You will have two devices instead of one, so that can be a factor depending on your usage, but if audio quality is the main concern I would go with this setup.
I have the FiiO Q5 and the HTC 10. The audio quality of the HTC10 connected to Q5 is clearly superior vs. HTC 10 on its own.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #409 of 476
Thank you very much,

This is good option for the future.

I must have a new phone because in my HTC 10 touch function breaks on the top of the screen (I don't know what it happen, my HTC One M7 is efficient all the time)

My operator offers me a combined offer and LG G7 thinq at a good price.

Please tell me LG 7 thinq is newest than V30... LG G7 thinq audio and DAC are better than LG V30 or vice versa? With phone is louder? I have open back AKG k812 headphones (36ohms). I must have 24 or 32 bit.

One (best audio and loud for my Akg) of these two I must also compare with LG V40 thinq. And chose what will be the best audio, DAC, an loudness for my Akg K 812 open back 36ohms headphones.

If V40 thinq will be to much cost I will be able to chose G7 thinq or V30.

Please help...

Oct 17, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #411 of 476
As far as I know, the LG G7 has the same sound tech as the V30. They may sound different in that the international (non-U.S.) versions of the V-Series are (or were) always tuned by B&O, but I don't think they tuned the G-series. So, same tech, but different tuning.

If you are a fan of B&O's "house sound", then you might think the V30 sounds better in that respect. But if not, then either will be fine.

Well the G7 still has the Quad DAC, which means again you have THREE amp levels to choose from. The reviews that said the HTC U12+ was louder probably only compared it to the G7 in Normal Mode. Yes, HTC got rid of the jack. I don't know if that's true that the adapter affects the sound quality or not. I've heard ppl say that, but I don't know if it's been proven. I'm going to assume not until someone convinces me otherwise. If you come across anything convincing, please share it here.

Oct 17, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #412 of 476
OK.

On G7 I may also do aux trick? This trick decrease sound quality in compare with normal mode?

Loudness of G7, V30, V40 are on the same level for 36 ohms open back headphones?

I don't know nothing about B&O's. I always use HTC phones an listen to music on this phones.

My mind tells me that B&O's must be better because logo of this company is on the back of the phone.

What is the sound difference between B&O's on LG and LG tuning without B&O's?

On the other hand logo Beats Audio was on the back HTC one m7 and HTC M8 and HTC 10 sounds better without this logo...

Please try to explain me difference between B&O's and non B&O's in LG phones...

EDIT some people say that headphones in LG G7 are bad (this from the box). Maybe V30 have better headphones from the box. On V30 headphones is logo B&O's...

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #414 of 476
Yeah. The LG G7 comes with the Quad DAC, so you could do it on that too. The G6 only had it on the non-U.S. versions.

No, it does not decrease sound quality. If it did, I wouldn't be suggesting it. lol

I'm only not sure on the V40 b/c I don't know if it will be using a newer DAC or not. I know in between the V20 and V30 I believe they all used the same DAC? If someone knows better, please post here.

Bang & Olufsen (B&O) is a Swedish audio company. They are pretty well-respected.

I owned both the M8 and HTC 10, so yes I liked HTC phones too. They have definitely improved their cameras big time, and apparently sound quality too (though again I don't know that for sure after the 10). But their battery life ratings have been consistently awful (scroll to bottom section of specs). IMO, any rating UNDER 80 hours for a flagship phone priced at $800 or more is unacceptable.

Your mind is telling you that B&O is better than who? Meridian?

Yeah the B&O logo was always found on the non-U.S. LG V-series phones as again only the non-U.S. ones got B&O certified/tuned.

That's a great question (B&O vs. non-B&O LG phone sound quality)! My cousin had the U.S. V20 almost 2 years ago and around then I got my hands on the non-U.S. V20, the latter of course being B&O-tuned. The problem is, I didn't have a chance to compare them side-by-side, so I couldn't tell you which one was actually better. I have a feeling though it's more that they just sound different vs. one being actually better than the other. I COULD be wrong though. lol They both sounded great to me is what I can tell you.

Well, yeah, but man, it doesn't take much to sound better than Beats though. lol The newer Beats they say sound a lot better, but I still never see them top any headphone listings/rankings. lol

I think when I had Verizon (I have T-Mobile now) I MAY have had an HTC phone back then too? Did Motorola use Beats as well to tune their DACs, or was that only HTC? It was at least 5 years ago. I specifically remember having a Beats logo on the back of my phone, but was it HTC or Motorola is what I can't remember.

Oct 17, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #415 of 476
I don't know...

I don't know a Meridian also...

Anybody may tell the difference in soud between non B&O-tuned, B&O-tuned, and Meridian-tuned LG phones?

I listen and record instrumental music.

I like all genres especially instrumental music, electronic music, rock music, progesive rock, classical music.

My Akg k812 open back are reference, flat, detailed, otherwise people say that more fun and musically than senhiser HD 800.

I must have clear detailed soud with open stage and good separation of instrument I will compare my work on this LG source too.

But I must have also fun and relax during a normal listening music... Mike Oldfield, Depeche Mode, J.M. Jarre. Pink Floyd, RHCP, Rock and classic music...

What is the best for me:

B&O LG V30, non B&O LG G7, or Meridian LG V40?

Please help...

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #418 of 476
If you would be so kind, please and thank you very very much. I have time until Monday...

If anybody could explain sound difference between:

Please help.

LG G7 was tuned also by Meridian if it is not know?

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #419 of 476
Hey Rockstar how are you doing? Re the Beats logo, it was on the HTC. Beats bought back the remaining stake that had in its company in 2013. Beats integrated BeatsAudio into a range of HTC phones.

Hey voxie! I've been good. How about you man?

Ahh ok. That's what I thought too! I think I had the Motorola phone longer than I did the HTC one I guess.

Thanks for confirming! lol

Oct 17, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #420 of 476
If you would be so kind, please and thank you very very much. I have time until Monday...

If anybody could explain sound difference between:

Please help.

LG G7 was tuned also by Meridian if it is not know?

If anyone wants to take that first one, go ahead. I own the non-B&O LG V30, so I don't know.

No dom...........Meridian will be involved from here one out STARTING WITH the V40. I think LG only has these upper class audio companies handle the tuning on the V-series. I've seen nothing to confirm they also have them tune for the G series. The G7 was tuned by LG.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back