New HTC 10--Audio Impressions
Jun 2, 2017 at 7:41 PM Post #301 of 476
I prefer audio technica ath m50x with my HTC 10. Awesome sound quality !

yass,

Everyone's different. I tried the M50x a while back and found them to be a bit too bassy, and the soundstage was pretty narrow compared to most other headphones. They were comfortable though, and overall the sound quality was good. I just wasn't too fond of them. But some people say the K550 doesn't have enough bass. I don't agree, but again, to each his own. lol

Jun 2, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #302 of 476
Can someone please suggest an great in-ear headphones that dosent break the bank and will really be an upgrade to my Xiaomi Piston 3?
Also, I´ve been using Google Play Music but I dont like it (used to use HTC app on the M8 but its gone), which one do you recommend? Is is true the the Google dosent play Hi-Res audio?

Cheers

Jun 2, 2017 at 8:55 PM Post #303 of 476
Can someone please suggest an great in-ear headphones that dosent break the bank and will really be an upgrade to my Xiaomi Piston 3?
Also, I´ve been using Google Play Music but I dont like it (used to use HTC app on the M8 but its gone), which one do you recommend? Is is true the the Google dosent play Hi-Res audio?

Cheers

Hey Badhelas,

I don't really know much about those, but I trust What Hi-Fi? over all other audio reviewer sites. I would look here and choose from THEIR list of top in-ear headphones/earphones (I filtered it for you, but do the price filter on left side yourself because I don't know what your limit is). I recommend something where the cable is detachable from the earphone itself, UNLESS it's AKG. lol (I think AKG is the best. lol) (Note: They are a UK site, so use Google to check on exchange rates.)

These brand new Sennheiser CX 5.00 earphones (available in Android or iPhone versions, I linked you the Android one) are VERY well-rated (this is iPhone one, but same sound quality) and only cost about $50-$60. I'd also look at the Shure SE425, which was a 2016 Award Winner on top of its 5-star rating. Though it is a bit pricey, but you may find a deal on Amazon (check other sellers) or eBay if you look.

Yeah Google Play streams mp3s, and even if you save Hi-Res or CD-Quality files on it, it will DOWNSAMPLE them to mp3 automatically. F that! lol So no, it doesn't play Hi-Res audio.

I only store mp3s on my Google Play..... I never play music from it. I've tried many different player apps, and I ALWAYS go back to Poweramp. It's simply the best IMO and easiest to use, and yes, it plays Hi-Res audio w/o downsampling it. It plays stored music on your phone vs. storing it for you like GM does, but that's not a bad thing. You never have to worry about losing quality cuz you don't have a great signal. It comes with a 10-band EQ which you can customize and save your own EQs too, and the ability to save settings and export them to cloud storage and then import them back when you get a new phone for quick setup. Go to Google Play Store and check it out! Worth every penny!!

If you'd like to know more about Hi-Res downsampling, finding & buying HR albums/single tracks, etc, see my post here, but skip the first part about Walkman and read the rest. If you have any questions, let me know or PM me. (Note: dBpoweramp and Poweramp have NO relation to each other.)

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #305 of 476
Thanks. I am goinf to try PowerAmp. Should I install the trial and then buy it if I like? I remember you guys saying that there was an alpha or beta version which was superior in some ways, am I wrong?

Cheers

Yes you should!! Yeah try the trial then buy.

The Alpha 704 version of Poweramp is what I got. It does sound SLIIIIIGHTLY better, but it also has some bugs, though minor ones. IF you get it, you must 1) Leave "Hi-Res Output (Experimental)" DISABLED b/c it CONSTANTLY causes errors and 2) A minor thing again, but when you switch albums, sometimes the first or second song on the new album will display the cover art from the LAST album you played. You can fix this by long-pressing the screen then choosing the right cover. The kinda big bug for me is although you can save your Settings (export settings) to a file, Alpha 704 won't let you IMPORT it in. It gives you an error msg. That's why I say just get the official one. If you REALLY want Alpha 704, look here. I just don't know if it's worth it. lol

When I last spoke to Poweramp's Dev, he said they are really trying to get out the new official version (Version 3?) by the end of THIS year. I am hoping that ALL issues will be fixed in that version. It seems like they are making progress though.

Jun 24, 2017 at 6:35 AM Post #306 of 476
Great!

Turkey? Ok. I see that BOTH sellers ship to the Turk Islands, so you should be ok.

Enjoy and let us know what you think! Try the Poweramp android music app too for BEST results! That's what I've been using for years now. Love it!

Hıı rockstar
HTC 10
How do you make audio settings in PowerAmp? If you take the screen image, you are satisfied

Jun 24, 2017 at 8:31 AM Post #307 of 476
Hıı rockstar
HTC 10
How do you make audio settings in PowerAmp? If you take the screen image, you are satisfied
Yeah, I've been using stock settings on poweramp and I am curious if I can have a even better sound out of it. I tend to prefer no messing with the equalizer and I've been using the Xiaomi Piston 3.0 instead of the Hi-Res HTC Headphones.

Cheers

Jun 24, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #308 of 476
Hıı rockstar
HTC 10

Hi Coachiso,

I have various custom EQs in Poweramp that I use. It all depends on the kind of headphones you have. The settings for one headphone may sound awful with another one. The headphones I have are the AKG K551 and I'm also currently trying out the Meze 99 Classics. If you happen to any of these headphones (or even the AKG K550, or K550 MK II), then I could prob help. If not, then you'd have to check elsewhere. Let me know.

Jun 24, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #309 of 476
Yeah, I've been using stock settings on poweramp and I am curious if I can have a even better sound out of it. I tend to prefer no messing with the equalizer and I've been using the Xiaomi Piston 3.0 instead of the Hi-Res HTC Headphones.

Cheers

Yeah I use custom EQs that I get from elsewhere and sometimes I tweak them but I'm not an expert at that. The stock EQs are ok but I've found that even "Rock" which is fine in the car isn't great for headphones really. It sounds open and airy but it can be too bassy or more often too high up in the treble region. For my AKG K551 I use this custom EQ that my good friend akg fanboy came up with for me to use on Poweramp, and it definitely made an improvement over "Rock". I'm currently also auditioning the Meze 99 Classics, and am working with him and another person on here to perfect the EQ for that one, if possible. I think we're VERY close though. I feel it sounds even better than the K551 (which is a MIRACLE by itself!), but it still needs a tiny bit more work. It also is about $150 more than the K551, so there's that too. If interested in that, PM me and I'll keep you posted.

Jun 25, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #310 of 476
So I have had my 10 for a good while now and I am loving it. I'm using poweramp alpha and listening to Flac files. What I don't understand is tbe dac. It says that my music is playing on 16 bit but even though it says that, is really playing at 24 bit or do I have to activate it with the High res option in the settings. I do use Dolby with my own personal setting but I don't know if its playing truly on 16 bit or 24 bit.

Jul 14, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #315 of 476
It's on vacation!!!
Doesn't work. Crashes app. Developer lazy. Promised new version one year ago. Live without hi-res for now. All else good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back