New high-end headphone amps: Vorzuge VorzAMPpure and VorzAMPduo impressions and review thread
Aug 29, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #362 of 376
That's totally fair. I've not found their better in five years.

Shigzeo, thanks for your many contributions to this thread.

Have you, or anyone else, ever had the opportunity to compare the Pure II+ with the iQube V1? I’ve been using the original iQube since around 2007 or so and even to this day find that it adds texture and detail to just about any components I pair with it. Presently I’m finding that it significantly enhances the SQ when added in between my Mojo and CA Solaris IEMs (along with an iFi iEMatch).

So while I’m certainly happy with this combo, I also realize that 12 years is a long time, technologically speaking. Any insights regarding this comparison would be most appreciated.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2019 at 5:17 AM Post #364 of 376
@jhog
Still contemplating selling my VorzAmp Duo. As it has served me so very well and like others on this thread I have yet to find an other that can perform like this one, hence the reason I never considered selling it. In fact I had the fairly expensive battery pack replaced by fresh one just a few weeks ago (ensuring further reliability and durability). Due to changes in priorities I haven't had time to use it though so I might as well sell it to you hoping I won't regret it when recommencing the mobile listening sessions.

The VorzAmp Duo has been my go to amp for on the go, treated it right, in full and correct working order, normal wear and tear. First owner, bought directly from Vorzüge (invoice, case etc. available). Not sure if this is the reduced gain version (it's a mid 2014 model), it's extremely powerful.

Just shoot me a PM if you're still interested, I'm EU based.

EDIT: VorzAmp Duo is SOLD

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #365 of 376
A bit off-topic here... I guess you guys do realize, this 'Vorzüge' is as German, as 'häagen dazs'?

Nobody in a sane mind really speaking German would call a product VorzAmp, this sounds TERRIBLE in German...

They don't even have a registered Address in Germany, just a post box...

Apart from that, their web page is illegal in Germany. There is no full address, no registration number, no USt number... No German company could have a web presence like that, not longer than for a week, until they would be facing a lawsuit...

So, this is another Chinese manufacturer ashamed of their origin... Maybe it's a known fact for years, don't know... But reading 'VorzAmp' on this forum just causes me almost physical pain every time I come across it... :wink:

Why the name sounds that terrible? Because, translated to English , it‘s like someone was indecisive whether they want to call this a FartAmp or a Cu*tAmp. I guess you wouldn't necessarily associate neither of the names with nice sounds :)

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #366 of 376
Just for fun performed a bit of a research on this topic... Vorzüge GmbH indeed has been registered in Stuttgart by a singaporian citizen named Keith Ong in a year 2013. As a company address, an address of a student dorm in Stuttgart has been provided for the registration. The registration has been officially withdrawn by the same guy in March 2019, so the company officially doesn‘t exist any longer... Anyone can register a GmbH in Germany.

A guy named Keith Ong just by coincident indeed exists, lives in Stuttgart and works currently as an engineer for Daimler. Here is his officially available profile: https://de.linkedin.com/in/1keith
Here another profile on xing:https://www.xing.com/profile/Keith_Ong2

Apparently he started this company a year after getting his BSc in electrical engineering, while studying for his MSc. Strangely, there is no mentioning of this company in his very detailed profile, although he mentions development of headphone amplifiers as hobby...

I just wonder, looking at the first posts in this thread, where all that stuff with ‚new company out of Germany, not known here but popular in Japan‘ and all that test units came from... Sounds really fishy to me...

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2019 at 7:03 AM Post #367 of 376
Hi folks,

I picked up a second hand duo a few months back and absolutely love it. However it appears to have developed a problem, as the battery drains seemingly even when the unit is switched off, so it won't hold a charge more than a day or so. Anyone else had this problem? Am talking to Vorzuge to try to see if they can fix it, but any info from other much appreciated

Apr 11, 2020 at 12:23 PM Post #369 of 376
Hi friends, i'm debating between the ifi Xcan and a second hand Vorzuge to move around my house with my Audeze LCD2 Classic. I'd love to put some air and power that my Sony ZX300 can't bring them....Has anyone tried them both with more demanding cans and could make a brief comparison? Is any of them significantly better?

And could someone confirm me if the real use life battery of the Vorzuge duo lasts more than 20 hours as the specs say ( everyone in the different reviews i've found refers to the specs, but i didn't find a single testimony of real usage...).

Thanks in advance!

Apr 12, 2020 at 3:00 AM Post #370 of 376
Hi friends, i'm debating between the ifi Xcan and a second hand Vorzuge to move around my house with my Audeze LCD2 Classic. I'd love to put some air and power that my Sony ZX300 can't bring them....Has anyone tried them both with more demanding cans and could make a brief comparison? Is any of them significantly better?

And could someone confirm me if the real use life battery of the Vorzuge duo lasts more than 20 hours as the specs say ( everyone in the different reviews i've found refers to the specs, but i didn't find a single testimony of real usage...).

Thanks in advance!

I've got the original duo and routinely get 20+ hours from it. As far as I'm concerned it's a stellar amp - I use it to drive iems (heir 8.0 and CA Atlas) as well as my Sony MDRZ7M2s and all are significantly improved by the amp. Clean, powerful and engaging. I totally recommend the Vorzuge, I don't think you can go wrong for harder to drive cans. With lower impedance cans it helps to have a source with variable LO, so you can work around the aggressive gain

Apr 12, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #371 of 376
I've got the original duo and routinely get 20+ hours from it. As far as I'm concerned it's a stellar amp - I use it to drive iems (heir 8.0 and CA Atlas) as well as my Sony MDRZ7M2s and all are significantly improved by the amp. Clean, powerful and engaging. I totally recommend the Vorzuge, I don't think you can go wrong for harder to drive cans. With lower impedance cans it helps to have a source with variable LO, so you can work around the aggressive gain
Thanks, very useful answer.
Well, my iems are the Sennheiser ie800 and Flare 2hd. The Flares clearly thank a powerful source, but the Senns are more sensitive. However I suppose that i'll have to wait for a good second hand offer...

Jun 24, 2021 at 7:16 AM Post #372 of 376
Does anyone know the difference between the Pure II+ and the Pure II Pro (other than price)? on the website the Pro PDF downloads are for the II+

Jun 27, 2021 at 6:29 PM Post #373 of 376
Okay full review is up at TouchMyApps.
I must add just a few things but the text is as, though some additions re: measurements to be added.

I started impressions at the TouchMyApps forum. I'll have a full review later in the next few weeks. I think this product deserves the ink space and will find many fans as it breaks the mould. How is this? Well, it's an expensive product, selling from 400-700$ depending on where you are and what unit you choose. But rather than going the very tried road of all-out benchmark performance, VorzAMPpure and VorzAMPduo obviously plow their own sonic signature, and it's no an accident. It is wonderful.

Some background
Vorzüge are a new company out of Germany. The VorzAMPpure and VorzAMPduo are their first products. They are (I assume) new to most people here at Headfi. e-earphones, Fuji-AVIC, Musica Acoustics, and who know else has them for sale and testing.

In Japan at least, the Vorzüge is quite popular despite being expensive. It is tiny, compact, and delightful. I need to go back to spend more time with a sample. If you go to any of the above stores you can try one out. I assume people here will also be getting them soon as they are excellent. As an amp-only unit, I've not been this excited for a long time. There are very low levels of noise, maker-tailored low and high frequency rolloffs, and from my other listening observations, a slight amount of harmonic distortion in the signal.

Whatever the tech spec says, it has a sound all its own, erring towards a wide, taught mid range, and secondarily, extended, but extremely smooth highs.

I've got not much more to say other than the DUO version has EQ switches for bass and treble, and has major impact. I find the treble switch introduces a bit of background noise, and probably sits at around 5-6 dB increase, while the bass switch plows through your head, possibly serving up ~10 decibels of jaw-shivering bass. It is a more intense version of the Graham Slee Voyager. Well, as far as the contour is formed. As far as coherence from bass to treble, the Vorz amps are smoother, easier to listen to.

A size comparo with ALO The National and GoVibe Porta Tube+

NOTE: Vorzuge contacted me to say that if anyone wants their gain lowered, Vorzuge will do it for free. So, go ahead and buy with confidence.

More impressions welcome here!

Remember, full review is up at TouchMyApps.
genuinely never heard of these guys they cant have caught on too well

Dec 10, 2021 at 11:30 PM Post #374 of 376
Dear fellows and owners of Vorzuge products, I have difficulty to find reviews / experiences on a direct comparison of Vorzuge's 6 products currently available"
1. VorzAmp Pure II PRO
2. VorzAMPduo II™ “New”
3. VorzAMPpure II +
4. VorzAMPduo
5. VorzAMPpure
6. VorzAMPpure II

I know that some models are the updated version of older ones like (3) is an updated ver of (5), but apart from the company's website, less than 5 reviews I could find online and the forum here, there is really no further information that I could read to assess the diff between the models.

That's why I am hoping that someone on the forums who either had previously own, or current owners, or have more indepth information on these products could educate me the these models' diff as I'm trying to figure out which ONE I should go after.

Fyi, I now have the ALO Audio National and just love it, its build quality, sound quality and performance, and wonder how diff the Vorzuge products are vis-a-vis National.

TIA,
jjss

Dec 11, 2021 at 6:40 AM Post #375 of 376
Dear fellows and owners of Vorzuge products, I have difficulty to find reviews / experiences on a direct comparison of Vorzuge's 6 products currently available"
1. VorzAmp Pure II PRO
2. VorzAMPduo II™ “New”
3. VorzAMPpure II +
4. VorzAMPduo
5. VorzAMPpure
6. VorzAMPpure II

I know that some models are the updated version of older ones like (3) is an updated ver of (5), but apart from the company's website, less than 5 reviews I could find online and the forum here, there is really no further information that I could read to assess the diff between the models.

That's why I am hoping that someone on the forums who either had previously own, or current owners, or have more indepth information on these products could educate me the these models' diff as I'm trying to figure out which ONE I should go after.

Fyi, I now have the ALO Audio National and just love it, its build quality, sound quality and performance, and wonder how diff the Vorzuge products are vis-a-vis National.

TIA,
jjss
I've not owned the national but have owned a few ALO amps, (Continental II, V, Rkiii) and personally think the Vorzuge is likely to be a step up in terms of SQ. I've got the Continental Duo, and the main (only?) reason for getting a Duo is for eq options - notably the bass boost. I couldn't live without it but YMMV. Compared to the updated version, my understanding is that it is slightly lower sq and slightly noisier and unstable with sensitive iems than the new version. BUT, and this is a huge one for me - the battery life is 26 hours on the old one, vs 8 hours on the new. Given this is clearly supposed to be a portable amp, that's a deal-breaker for me. Long story short, I absolutely love my Vorzamp and use it with everything from super sensitive Campfire iems to full size cans. It has needed repairs, which cost 185 Euros, but I happily paid to get it going again, given that there's little or nothing out there that I have seen which compares on terms of portable power, tonality and that bonkers bass boost! (Would be happy to hear of better options of other owners have "upgraded"...) I have recently acquired a Woo Audio WA8 which is on a whole other league in terms of sq, but then it's a totally different beast, and not portable in any meaningful sense...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back