New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out
Sep 3, 2012 at 11:24 AM Post #3,436 of 6,017
Hey Matt, Do you happen to own an EF - 2A , what were your impressions of it ? I'm enjoying mine quite a lot, (its the parcel from head-direct im talking about) 

Sep 3, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #3,438 of 6,017
Quote:

Hey , Just to confirm since i was only 90% sure when i said it was coming from HK , :) My parcel did in fact get shipped from Hong Kong by DHL , and the total trip time, from collection to signing was collection on saturday at 7 pm ( in my local time ) to sign off in Dublin, Ireland at 1 pm local . 

And just to mention about being in school and mind being off your cans , Hahaha no it won't , its all I could think about during work !!! :)

I just wonder how the over night shipping will factor into this. I always wonder if it's just a waste of money when it's international. Maybe I will get lucky, and it will be here by Friday. 

Did you pay for regular shipping? Most of the people I've read that got their cans in a week or a week in a half, paid for regular shipping I believe. And yeah lol, who am I kidding, every day of class I'll be thinking about these. 

Sep 3, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #3,439 of 6,017
Ah grand, its a nifty little amp , I'll do up an impressions thread where I contrast it with the Fiio E17 when driving my Hifimans and my Grado's , and maybe my Sennheiser HD 595's if i happen to wear them enough to warrant it :)

Sep 3, 2012 at 12:06 PM Post #3,440 of 6,017
Quote:

I just wonder how the over night shipping will factor into this. I always wonder if it's just a waste of money when it's international. Maybe I will get lucky, and it will be here by Friday. 

Did you pay for regular shipping? Most of the people I've read that got their cans in a week or a week in a half, paid for regular shipping I believe. And yeah lol, who am I kidding, every day of class I'll be thinking about these. 

Who did you buy from exactly , on the head-direct.com website I dont recall any other options for shipping, just one option that cost $18.50 , very reasonable in my opinion , but i didnt really inspect it to see if it was promising over-night-ness.

May I ask, what are you expecting to get from your Hifiman He-400's , After seeing your headphone inventory consists of a pair of HD 800's and LCD-2's I'd consider that headphone heaven, in fact i was planning my next upgrade to be the audeze's 

Sep 3, 2012 at 12:19 PM Post #3,441 of 6,017
Quote:

Who did you buy from exactly , on the head-direct.com website I dont recall any other options for shipping, just one option that cost $18.50 , very reasonable in my opinion , but i didnt really inspect it to see if it was promising over-night-ness.

May I ask, what are you expecting to get from your Hifiman He-400's , After seeing your headphone inventory consists of a pair of HD 800's and LCD-2's I'd consider that headphone heaven, in fact i was planning my next upgrade to be the audeze's 

I bought from Head-Direct (directly lol) - and they had an option for express (1 business day). I paid $29 for my shipping. 

Although now I'm a bit worried, since you're saying DHL. Maybe since I ordered in the states, their website will have different options according to your account? Because you do have to make an account first before being able to buy. So maybe it adjusts to that. Just to be sure, this is where I placed my order:

http://www.head-direct.com/

Sep 3, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #3,443 of 6,017
Quote:
Hey Matt, Do you happen to own an EF - 2A , what were your impressions of it ? I'm enjoying mine quite a lot, (its the parcel from head-direct im talking about) 

I've owned the EF-2A amp.  To me, it was sort of "meh".  It was good, but not necessarily great.  When it came to hybrid amps, I like the Little Dot I+ better.  The DAC offering on the EF-2A is an OK feature, but not great.

Sep 3, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #3,444 of 6,017
Quote:

Thats what mine looked like

Interesting! So yeah, maybe it just depends where the customer is located. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I'll come back to the thread and update when I get more info.

When your headphones shipped, was Head-Direct on time with updating their sites status? (Right now mine says, status: Paid/ Waiting for Shipping). Or did they just send it, without really updating you that it shipped. 

Sep 3, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #3,445 of 6,017
They updated it about 3 hours after it left their depot, but as i said the lead in time was long, no national holidays here or in hong kong and it still took from thur at 9am till saturday at 7 pm to go from paid to shipped 

Sep 3, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #3,446 of 6,017
Quote:
They updated it about 3 hours after it left their depot, but as i said the lead in time was long, no national holidays here or in hong kong and it still took from thur at 9am till saturday at 7 pm to go from paid to shipped 

Alright, well I'm going to go enjoy my holiday and check back tomorrow in the afternoon.  Hopefully by then they update with some shipping info. 

:p

Sep 3, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #3,447 of 6,017
I'm thinking about ordering the Lyr + Bifrost in a week or so, what else am I going to need in the way of cables to connect everything?  I'll either be using my HM-601 or my PC (Xonar DX).  I know Schiit has those PYST cables but at $20 I'm sure I can find a cheaper alternative at Monoprice...  what kind of cables are they exactly?

Sep 3, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #3,448 of 6,017
what kind of cables are they exactly?

They are overpriced cables... :wink:

Seriously though, the 601 and Xonar DX already have good DACs on board, why do you need the Bifrost? You're needlessly adding more stuff into the chain. And the Lyr, a 6W amp? Really? Get an O2 or Lake People 103 and spend the money you saved on some new albums.

Sep 3, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #3,449 of 6,017
Quote:
They are overpriced cables...
wink.gif

Hence why I want to use Monoprice :D  Are they just RCA cables?

And figures, first the Lyr goes out of stock when I wanted to buy, then it came back in stock, and now the Bifrost is OOS until September 14th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back