1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by blankdisc, Dec 24, 2011.
First

Back
220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229
231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240
Next

Last
  1. Necrontyr
    Hey Matt, Do you happen to own an EF - 2A , what were your impressions of it ? I'm enjoying mine quite a lot, (its the parcel from head-direct im talking about) 

2. MattTCG
    Quote:
    Nope, don't own it.

3. satanigatan
    Quote:

I just wonder how the over night shipping will factor into this. I always wonder if it's just a waste of money when it's international. Maybe I will get lucky, and it will be here by Friday. 

Did you pay for regular shipping? Most of the people I've read that got their cans in a week or a week in a half, paid for regular shipping I believe. And yeah lol, who am I kidding, every day of class I'll be thinking about these. 

4. Necrontyr
    Ah grand, its a nifty little amp , I'll do up an impressions thread where I contrast it with the Fiio E17 when driving my Hifimans and my Grado's , and maybe my Sennheiser HD 595's if i happen to wear them enough to warrant it :)

5. Necrontyr
    Quote:

Who did you buy from exactly , on the head-direct.com website I dont recall any other options for shipping, just one option that cost $18.50 , very reasonable in my opinion , but i didnt really inspect it to see if it was promising over-night-ness.

May I ask, what are you expecting to get from your Hifiman He-400's , After seeing your headphone inventory consists of a pair of HD 800's and LCD-2's I'd consider that headphone heaven, in fact i was planning my next upgrade to be the audeze's 

6. satanigatan
    Quote:

I bought from Head-Direct (directly lol) - and they had an option for express (1 business day). I paid $29 for my shipping. 

L6tRr.png

Although now I'm a bit worried, since you're saying DHL. Maybe since I ordered in the states, their website will have different options according to your account? Because you do have to make an account first before being able to buy. So maybe it adjusts to that. Just to be sure, this is where I placed my order:

http://www.head-direct.com/

7. Necrontyr
    shipping.png
    Thats what mine looked like

8. wje
    Quote:

I've owned the EF-2A amp.  To me, it was sort of "meh".  It was good, but not necessarily great.  When it came to hybrid amps, I like the Little Dot I+ better.  The DAC offering on the EF-2A is an OK feature, but not great.

9. satanigatan
    Quote:

Interesting! So yeah, maybe it just depends where the customer is located. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I'll come back to the thread and update when I get more info.

When your headphones shipped, was Head-Direct on time with updating their sites status? (Right now mine says, status: Paid/ Waiting for Shipping). Or did they just send it, without really updating you that it shipped. 

10. Necrontyr
    They updated it about 3 hours after it left their depot, but as i said the lead in time was long, no national holidays here or in hong kong and it still took from thur at 9am till saturday at 7 pm to go from paid to shipped 

11. satanigatan
    Quote:

Alright, well I'm going to go enjoy my holiday and check back tomorrow in the afternoon.  Hopefully by then they update with some shipping info. 

:p

12. jfindon
    I'm thinking about ordering the Lyr + Bifrost in a week or so, what else am I going to need in the way of cables to connect everything?  I'll either be using my HM-601 or my PC (Xonar DX).  I know Schiit has those PYST cables but at $20 I'm sure I can find a cheaper alternative at Monoprice...  what kind of cables are they exactly?

13. palmfish

They are overpriced cables... :wink:

Seriously though, the 601 and Xonar DX already have good DACs on board, why do you need the Bifrost? You're needlessly adding more stuff into the chain. And the Lyr, a 6W amp? Really? Get an O2 or Lake People 103 and spend the money you saved on some new albums.

14. jfindon
    Quote:

Hence why I want to use Monoprice :D  Are they just RCA cables?

And figures, first the Lyr goes out of stock when I wanted to buy, then it came back in stock, and now the Bifrost is OOS until September 14th.

15. Phos
    Yup just RCA interconnects.  

First

Back
220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229
231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240
Next

Last