New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out
Jan 13, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #5,987 of 6,017
Quote:
pretty sure it's the revision 3

also the date on the box checks out (september 10th)

it sucks cause i'm loving these, but the highs are too weird, sibilant and make my ears hurt, which i don't get with any of my other headphones

Where'd you buy these from? Hifiman should have restocked their stock and all authorized retailers with the correct revision since October...

Contact Head-Direct and ask for the free replacement (they'll refund all shipping costs), they described how you do it here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/630549/open-announcement-on-the-hifiman-he-400

Jan 13, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #5,989 of 6,017
They'll probably make you ship to China. I believe they'll refund the cost to ship too.

Jan 13, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #5,990 of 6,017
Quote:
Where'd you buy these from? Hifiman should have restocked their stock and all authorized retailers with the correct revision since October...

Contact Head-Direct and ask for the free replacement (they'll refund all shipping costs), they described how you do it here:

from amazon.de.
ok i sent an email to head direct and on the customer support thread. i hope i get a quick response because i can't let this go over a month or i wont be able to get the refund from the seller from amazon

Jan 13, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #5,991 of 6,017
Quote:
from amazon.de.
ok i sent an email to head direct and on the customer support thread. i hope i get a quick response because i can't let this go over a month or i wont be able to get the refund from the seller from amazon

If the amazon seller is an authorized dealer then you would get a 1yr replacement warranty from Head-Direct by default. But yeah definitely try to get in touch with Hifiman asap.

Also email to Hifiman's customer service email, that usually gets responded fast:

customerservice@head-direct.com

Jan 13, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #5,992 of 6,017
Quote:
If the amazon seller is an authorized dealer then you would get a 1yr replacement warranty from Head-Direct by default. But yeah definitely try to get in touch with Hifiman asap.

Also email to Hifiman's customer service email, that usually gets responded fast:

customerservice@head-direct.com

it's Good-Buy from amazon.de, don't know if they're authorized dealers or not, i hope so lol

Jan 13, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #5,993 of 6,017
Quote:
it's Good-Buy from amazon.de, don't know if they're authorized dealers or not, i hope so lol

At any rate, send an email to the customer service email I linked ya above, and just describe your situation (include the photos of the drivers of course).

Jan 13, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #5,995 of 6,017
That box is definitely theirs, so even if it's not an authorized dealer, they should still commit to replacing a Rev. 3.

Jan 15, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #5,996 of 6,017
ok looks like i'm ****ed, the hifiman guys are not showing signs they'll change my revision 3 for the new one and the seller in the end said i can return it if i pay the shipping. how is this fair for me? i paid 20€ to get it now i must pay 20€ to return some faulty headphones? god i regret 100% buying this hifiman stuff i should have just stayed with my other headphones

Jan 15, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #5,997 of 6,017
Quote:
ok looks like i'm ****ed, the hifiman guys are not showing signs they'll change my revision 3 for the new one and the seller in the end said i can return it if i pay the shipping. how is this fair for me? i paid 20€ to get it now i must pay 20€ to return some faulty headphones? god i regret 100% buying this hifiman stuff i should have just stayed with my other headphones

Didn't you see this reply from the Hifiman representative? http://www.head-fi.org/t/629253/head-direct-hifiman-customer-service-team/375#post_9053577

Just send your HE400 receipt to the email he provided and you'll be able to get the replacement pretty much.

Jan 15, 2013 at 2:13 AM Post #5,998 of 6,017
i saw that, and the emails, and the conclusion is i'm ****ed, i'll have to pay 20€ to return it to the seller and that makes 40€ on stupid shipping for trying a pair of faulty headphones

Hello *****

We need some further information.

Do you know the seller's name? Or provide me a website? 

Have you contacted the seller? Since you have just bought it, you may return it.

Best Regards,
Zhang Lu
Head-Direct Customer Service Team

meh i'm done

Jan 15, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #5,999 of 6,017
Quote:
i saw that, and the emails, and the conclusion is i'm ****ed, i'll have to pay 20€ to return it to the seller and that makes 40€ on stupid shipping for trying a pair of faulty headphones

Hello *****

We need some further information.

Do you know the seller's name? Or provide me a website? 

Have you contacted the seller? Since you have just bought it, you may return it.

Best Regards,
Zhang Lu
Head-Direct Customer Service Team

meh i'm done

Tell the Hifiman customer service to honour this replacement policy (give him the link and the text)

Originally Posted by hifiman-us /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Dear Friends of HiFiMAN:

Since being introduced earlier this year, our HE-400 headphone has been very successful and one of the most exciting high-performance models in the category. HE-400 is known for its powerful bass, smooth frequency response and lifelike detail.

Like any good company, HiFiMAN makes upgrades to its products whenever we think we can improve its performance or quality. So about four weeks ago, we upgraded the support for the driver magnet. That unintentionally created an audible peak or brightness and within the past two weeks, HE-400 customers started to report this problem because they knew this was not consistent with any HifiMAN headphone, especially HE-400.

Investigating this feedback, I discovered that the change did help improve the structural integrity but it unfortunately created this peak. In the military, they call this "friendly fire", at HiFiMAN I call it totally unacceptable.

We have corrected this problem at the manufacturing level so all HE-400s now shipped will be with the sound that everyone has been raving about for several months. We have also identified which models were affected by this "upgrade" and want to replace them at our expense as soon as possible. If you purchased a HE-400 in the past 30 days, simply email customerservice@head-direct.com and in the subject line, reference "HE-400 Fang".

HiFiMAN has built its reputation on quality, great sound and standing behind our products. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused to our valued HifiMAN owners. We will do whatever it takes to make it right.

With Best Regards,
Fang Bian
Founder and President
HiFiMAN

Say that it's ridiculous if they only cover people unfortunate enough to receive the faulty revision units before October, but not after, express your frustration. If he still doesn't comply, ask that he request it from the higher-ups. Honestly, a few angry emails will save you a lot of money and frustration.

Also post that customer service email reply in the Hifiman service thread here, Eric will probably help you go through the loops.

Jan 15, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #6,000 of 6,017
lol i don't want to this is weird. first time something like this has happened to me. it's not that i dislike this headphone, thing is they hurt my ears with the weird treble, which they totally said it's a thing and happened, and it's jan/2013 how the hell was i supposed to know a seller from amazon still had old stock on faulty headphones.
it's weird all this [size=x-small][size=10pt]distrusting attitude towards me from the customer service, what did they think i did??? build a fake hifiman? buy[size=x-small] it from a [size=x-small]pirate in somalia? steal it? What [/size][/size][/size][/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back