New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out
Jan 15, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #6,001 of 6,017
Quote:
lol i don't want to this is weird. first time something like this has happened to me. it's not that i dislike this headphone, thing is they hurt my ears with the weird treble, which they totally said it's a thing and happened, and it's jan/2013 how the hell was i supposed to know a seller from amazon still had old stock on faulty headphones.
it's weird all this [size=x-small][size=10pt]distrusting attitude towards me from the customer service, what did they think i did??? build a fake hifiman? buy[size=x-small] it from a [size=x-small]pirate in somalia? steal it? What [/size][/size][/size][/size]

I get your frustration bro. If you don't want the trouble of sorting all this out, you may as well refund it yeah. Although if I were in a situation like this I'd always try to get to the bottom of it all, hey they may even offer me a discount or some other bonus stuff if they deem that I have been wronged lol, but hey, you are you, and don't want to bother with customer service.

Jan 15, 2013 at 12:41 PM Post #6,003 of 6,017
Quote:
i think my he-400s might have this but not sure.. it does seem pretty bright to me and e17 can hardly get any thumping bass out of them at all

how do i check if i got the bad batch?

The "bad batch" only has a resonance issue in the treble, there is nothing wrong with the bass response with that batch. I think you are just fretting over how crappy the E17 bass boost function is, and projecting that onto the headphones. Seriously, stop that.

To check if you got the "bad batch", take off one of the earpads and see if the driver underneath is a bone yellow colour, or a clear white colour.

Jan 15, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #6,004 of 6,017
well...

I feel sorry for what you experienced. Because this is weired, we have recalled all the defective HE-400 from our dealers. And they would not sell them out for trouble. Firstly, we have to make sure whether you bought it from our authorized dealer. If yes, you can send it back for a new one, without paying for the shipping cost. 

I will forward all the information you provided to our distributor in Germany, and I will contact you as soon as I get a reply.

i don't think they're an authorized dealer lol **** me i should have checked but i didn't i thought if i got it from amazon they were authorized dealers
i'll wait for an answer but still looks what is going to happen is me returning it to the seller and spending at least 40€ on shipping and get the rest of my money back some day during next month and be done with it and never buy hifiman stuff anymore (oh and sell the dumb velour pads i guess lol such a wonderful experience)

Jan 15, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #6,005 of 6,017
It's not their fault you didn't buy from a legit authorized dealer. Though they could be more lenient, it's not their fault.

Jan 15, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #6,007 of 6,017
No. I buy from Amazon ALL the time. Thing is, with headphones and most electronics you REALLY should make sure the seller is authorized. There are millions of 3rd party sellers on Amazon not covered by a manufacturer's warranty.

Jan 22, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #6,009 of 6,017
Currently using a FiiO E17 to power my HE-400s, would I notice a significant upgrade by getting an amp like the Little Dot Mk II or FiiO E9? Right now I'm using +4 bass and +2 treble with +12dB gain at 20 volume and it's pretty satisfying.

Jan 22, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #6,011 of 6,017
Quote:
Currently using a FiiO E17 to power my HE-400s, would I notice a significant upgrade by getting an amp like the Little Dot Mk II or FiiO E9? Right now I'm using +4 bass and +2 treble with +12dB gain at 20 volume and it's pretty satisfying.

Quote:
subscribed

This thread is dead. Subscribe / post at the main thread here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/604583/hifiman-he-400-impressions-and-discussion-thread/5910#post_9084392

Jan 28, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #6,013 of 6,017
Hi Guys, has anyone used a pure silver cable with the 400s? Worth the money? 

Simple answer..nope..both are on the bright side..perfect recepy for headaches/listening fatique..imho but then again..some people love extreme treble or are just getting deff and dont hear the treble as they used to hear it.. :D

Jan 29, 2013 at 12:46 PM Post #6,014 of 6,017
Well an update, I’ve been very busy at work. Finally after some back and forth I got this message “We have contacted our distributor in Germany. You can ship your HE-400 to his place, and he will send you a new one then.”
So I did and finally today I got them back. Checked the drivers and the plastic thing on the top is transparent white, but obviously what matters the most is I don’t get the ringing with the high notes (well it’s not like I don’t hear it at all lol it can’t be unheard, but it’s not painful or as prominent as before I guess, it’s different and better). I don’t think this was a placebo effect. Anyway I’m happy right now everything got solved in the end but the seller was an ******* all the way lol I’m happy with hifiman and how they helped me to get the new version of the headphones.

Jan 29, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #6,015 of 6,017
Well an update, I’ve been very busy at work. Finally after some back and forth I got this message “We have contacted our distributor in Germany. You can ship your HE-400 to his place, and he will send you a new one then.”
So I did and finally today I got them back. Checked the drivers and the plastic thing on the top is transparent white, but obviously what matters the most is I don’t get the ringing with the high notes (well it’s not like I don’t hear it at all lol it can’t be unheard, but it’s not painful or as prominent as before I guess, it’s different and better). I don’t think this was a placebo effect. Anyway I’m happy right now everything got solved in the end but the seller was an ******* all the way lol I’m happy with hifiman and how they helped me to get the new version of the headphones.

Good to know. Ur helped..enjoy ur new cans :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back