New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out
Aug 24, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #3,241 of 6,017
I'm suspecting my He-400 suffer from channel imbalance issues.
I don't notice it all the time, but on some songs I do.
Especially the bass punch isn't centered where it should be.

It's a used one, probably from the first revision :frowning2:

Aug 24, 2012 at 11:37 AM Post #3,244 of 6,017
Quote:
I'm suspecting my He-400 suffer from channel imbalance issues.
I don't notice it all the time, but on some songs I do.
Especially the bass punch isn't centered where it should be.

It's a used one, probably from the first revision :frowning2:

Yeah probably. Take advantage of HFM's 1 year replacement warranty and send that in for a new pair.

@Matt, you're thinking of IEMcrazy. Although he has recently acquired HE6 so he's chilling with other guys now, unfortunately.

Aug 24, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #3,249 of 6,017
Quote:
Exactly!!  I just had a nice 2 our session listing to some Alice in Chains unplugged, Avenged Sevenfold, A Perfect Circle and Joe Satriani. The HE-400's hit them all out of the ballpark. These cans grow on me everyday, its like they get better and better with every listen.

No doubt man. I just listened to the entire AIC unplugged yesterday along with AIC jar of flies and then a mix of A7X, Slipknot and Beatles. They really do rock very well. Electric guitars carry that kind of presence that's so reminiscent of being 3 feet from a  Marshall Half Stack. Truly a great set of cans.

Aug 24, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #3,250 of 6,017
Quote:
Exactly!!  I just had a nice 2 our session listing to some Alice in Chains unplugged, Avenged Sevenfold, A Perfect Circle and Joe Satriani. The HE-400's hit them all out of the ballpark. These cans grow on me everyday, its like they get better and better with every listen.

This is one of my favorite live rock recordings. The acoustic guitar on the is recording is out of this world. I can close my eyes and I'm there!!

Oh, just got an odac today. Swapping back and forth between the odac and docked e17 (to e09k). The odac is head and shoulders better than the docked e17. Really really nice!!!

Aug 24, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #3,252 of 6,017
Quote:
Head and shoulders. Lol.

Come on...cut me some slack!! I'm a little excited here. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 24, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #3,255 of 6,017
Just received my HE-400s from Amazon. 
Just listened to them for about 2 mins, as I am in my office right now. Being my first full open back headphone, I am surprised with the open soundstage they present. The sound leaks outside and I was able to hear my colleagues talking. Not a big deal, as I am going to used them at home.
The sound signature is very much similar to my Fostex T50RPs, except for the bass. The sub bass in these are simply awesome!!
The mids and highs sounded like they will gain from some proper burn in time. I am noticing a slight edge at the treble region but I am sure it will go away after proper burn in (from my previous Fostex T50RP experience). I have noticed the Orthos behaves very favorably towards burn in.

I have ordered the valour pads as well which are yet to arrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back