New Hifiman Headphone HE-400 is out
Aug 24, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #3,228 of 6,017
Quote:
Still not sure about comfort. They don't disappear on my head and I find myself readjusting them every once in a while.
The weight is not too much for my neck but I think the clamp combined with the weight is not very comfortable.

You'll get used to them. I'm surprised there's even force coming from your clamp. There's barely any force whatsoever on mine. Maybe after stretching them out a bit it'll loosen up for you.

Aug 24, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #3,230 of 6,017
Ditto, the clamp frees up a LOT of the downward pressure from the weight of the headphone onto the tip of your skull, and instead puts them around your ears laterally. So overall the headphone presents a very even pressure distributed over a huge area all around your head which is ideal for something 440 grams heavy.

Aug 24, 2012 at 12:53 AM Post #3,231 of 6,017
Never found the HE-400 clampy, though I tend to wear all my headphones slightly loose. In either case, the weight distribution is perfect on the Hifiman cans, IMHO.

Aug 24, 2012 at 1:00 AM Post #3,232 of 6,017
Even on the smallest setting they are a lil loose on my head. But I did just get them today. So far tho duaaang these sound good even with the stock pads, the cable seems ridiculously strong and well made tho its a lil thinner compared to the transatlantic cable Grado put on the sr60s. The bass pounds and I mean feel it it pounds so hard but is never sloppy or fatiguing. I didn't really believe the weight until I held them, these puppies are hefty, but I like that. They seem sort of easy to drive direct from the iPhone, but a amp really helps out. All I have to say is overall wow, just wow. My wallet may be hurtin but the music center of my brain isnt

Aug 24, 2012 at 1:02 AM Post #3,233 of 6,017
Holy hell, you must have a very small head. I wear my HE400 almost fully extended. Almost. Though that's still loose fitting. I do have a longish head.

Aug 24, 2012 at 6:41 AM Post #3,235 of 6,017
I'm pretty sure that there is a good bit of variation on the clamp during certain runs on the he400. I think that Jerg or IEMCrazy has two set. One clamps hard and one doesn't. Mine do not clamp hard. If they had I would have sent them back early on.

They should be able to be stretched is necessary. It is a piece of steel. 

Aug 24, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #3,237 of 6,017
Just bought my own HE-400 with the Fiio E17! Check this track out, the drums sound so tight and awesome.

Aug 24, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #3,239 of 6,017
Getting a pair of HE-500's *just because I have to know...* kind of thing. I want to make sure I like the sound signature better on the HE-400's. Either way, it's going to be one or the other. The Denon's have been sent back. The SQ and micro details just can't compare to the HiFi's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back