NEW HiBy R4
May 22, 2024 at 9:19 AM Post #616 of 1,042
I’m really bad, been a long-time A&K user, and I just CANNOT get the hang of this player. I guess I’m just so used to the locked-down simplicity of A&K. I’m not a big fiddler or EQ’er.

May 22, 2024 at 10:44 AM Post #617 of 1,042
I’m really bad, been a long-time A&K user, and I just CANNOT get the hang of this player. I guess I’m just so used to the locked-down simplicity of A&K. I’m not a big fiddler or EQ’er.
Is there anything in particular I can help with?

If you aren't a big fiddler you would just load up a card, plug it in, open HiByMusic the app (yellow icon) and tap Scan?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 22, 2024 at 12:01 PM Post #619 of 1,042
Is there anything in particular I can help with?

If you aren't a big fiddler you would just load up a card, plug it in, open HiByMusic the app (yellow icon) and tap Scan?
Thanks for checking in @Joe Bloggs! I just found the HiByMusic app, inserted a micro SD card loaded w/Apple Lossless tunes, from my collection of burned CD’s, and it doesn’t recognize it. The tunes I’ve put into the internal memory are sounding good! Is there a way to immediately have the player open into the HiByMusic app? Maybe I need a fresh micro SD card, formatted in the player?!

Last edited:
May 22, 2024 at 12:13 PM Post #620 of 1,042
I tried to use the charge limit option in the battery settings, set it at 80% maximum, and my battery still charges past 80.
Did anyone else try this ?

Also I noticed in developers options that there’s 2 CPU modes, normal and performance.
I didn’t have time yet to test if that changes anything and if there’s possibility of better battery life. By default it’s on performance mode, and if you change it to normal and restart your device it’s reverting back to performance.

Last edited:
May 22, 2024 at 12:45 PM Post #621 of 1,042
I just updated to the new firmware, 1.1120240521-1811. It's auto-update OTA, but the changelog is in Chinese. I don't know what's changed, but there have been no observed bugs or glitches so far.

I think this is still a beta firmware. Was able to translate using the google app on my phone through the camera:

• Add USB working mode;
  • Add Android native volume pop-up window;
  • Fixed the problem of stuck animation when long pressing the volume button to adjust the volume;
  • Delete gain lock function and replace it with volume lock to control the gain output amplitude;
  • Added the function of turning off the volume lock by default by upgrading this firmware;
  • USB headset and SPDIF digital output volume lock modification is 80(-10db);
  • Fix the problem of merging two application icons into a folder crash issue,
  • The added volume lock function is only enabled by default in EU countries and mainland China;
  • Fixed the issue of random crashed in the volume pop-up window;
So far, I am still facing the issue where the Headphones icon is flashing in the top bar when no headphones are plugged in, and no matter if the USB and SPDIF locks are on or off, I can't raise the player above 75 volume, even though I have the max set to 100.

May 22, 2024 at 2:03 PM Post #622 of 1,042
I tried to use the charge limit option in the battery settings, set it at 80% maximum, and my battery still charges past 80.
Did anyone else try this ?

Also I noticed in developers options that there’s 2 CPU modes, normal and performance.
I didn’t have time yet to test if that changes anything and if there’s possibility of better battery life. By default it’s on performance mode, and if you change it to normal and restart your device it’s reverting back to performance.
I also noticed that but if you set the limit and charge it while the unit is on, the limit will take effect. If you are charging while it is off, that's when it goes past the limit. @Joe Bloggs it's a minor annoyance but it must be a bug?

May 22, 2024 at 3:22 PM Post #623 of 1,042
I think this is still a beta firmware. Was able to translate using the google app on my phone through the camera:

• Add USB working mode;
  • Fixed the problem of stuck animation when long pressing the volume button to adjust the volume;
  • Delete gain lock function and replace it with volume lock to control the gain output amplitude;
  • Added the function of turning off the volume lock by default by upgrading this firmware;
  • The added volume lock function is only enabled by default in EU countries and mainland China;
So far, I am still facing the issue where the Headphones icon is flashing in the top bar when no headphones are plugged in, and no matter if the USB and SPDIF locks are on or off, I can't raise the player above 75 volume, even though I have the max set to 100.
This is probably a long shot. Try to do a factory reset. Anyway, you probably have your music on the sd card.

May 22, 2024 at 4:17 PM Post #624 of 1,042
Got mine today. Streaming on hi gain to test (low gain between 55-65 volume seems to do just fine) and it only gets as warm as my phone when doing intensive tasks. Very happy with it so far.

Attachments

• IMG_7883.jpeg
    IMG_7883.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
May 22, 2024 at 7:02 PM Post #628 of 1,042

• Add USB working mode;
This needs to be unlocked in developer options. For compliance with EU volume cap laws.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

May 22, 2024 at 7:12 PM Post #629 of 1,042
Thanks for checking in @Joe Bloggs! I just found the HiByMusic app, inserted a micro SD card loaded w/Apple Lossless tunes, from my collection of burned CD’s, and it doesn’t recognize it. The tunes I’ve put into the internal memory are sounding good! Is there a way to immediately have the player open into the HiByMusic app? Maybe I need a fresh micro SD card, formatted in the player?!
Do you use a Mac or PC? The card should be recognized whether it's formatted in exFAT or FAT32. What prompts do you see on the player when you insert the card while the player is on?

Are you able to see the external SD card and its files using the included file browser?

May 22, 2024 at 8:12 PM Post #630 of 1,042
In addition to @Joe Bloggs questions, could you explain what you mean by “Apple Lossless tunes from my collection of burned CD’s”: were those tracks already in Apple Lossless format (ALAC) on your burned CDs? …or did you get Apple Lossless format tracks through Apple Music match feature, but the burned CDs were another format (e.g. mp3)?
In the former case, they should be readable by HiBy Music… In the later case, they are most likely DRM-protected (unreadable).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back