NEW HiBy R4
May 20, 2024 at 7:45 PM Post #601 of 877
I saw some people say their volume doesn't go over 65, but my volume now doesn't go beyond 75. I thought it was when I began experimenting with PEQ, etc. But from what I can see in the Android settings my volume limit is still allegedly set to 100.

May 20, 2024 at 9:27 PM Post #602 of 877
There's settings in developer options for volume lock and gain lock that are effecting these issues.

Not sure why they're hidden in developer options, maybe because it's beta firmware (which as said above users are opted out of by default)? 😅

Tap on system settings->about device->firmware version 7 times to unlock Developer Options menu.

Update: they are features that will actually be introduced as-is, to comply with EU volume cap laws. Under the regulations, such caps are allowed to be bypassed, but it must not be a piece of cake 😅

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 21, 2024 at 12:30 AM Post #604 of 877
what about streaming music from Tidal or Spotify? does this overheats Hiby F4 too?
streamed from qobuz on high gain and no overheating.

May 21, 2024 at 2:02 PM Post #608 of 877
Going to add my personal experience with he R4
No overheating, i walk my Collie for 4 hours at a time and when we get home with continuous music on low gain and streaming off the SD card of Tidal it hits 35c
Charging is fast, i have not timed it but i would notice if it were taking an extreme amount of time
People with issues are in the minority, that sucks for them but in truth the unit is working as intended, for the thousands of units shipped we have what? 6-7 people with overheating issues that have mentioned it here
its not hard to search and find a forum to voice your concern if there was a problem with your device and i am seeing no mass reporting online
HiBy have always handled issues with their products with the utmost concern, you needn't worry about that
My personal opinion of the R4 so far is it has exceeded my expectation, offers a very neutral sound (with no EQ) and is incredible value
I'm loving my unit and playing more music than ever through it, just to see if i notice anything new
Well done HiBy

May 21, 2024 at 5:58 PM Post #609 of 877
@Joe Bloggs my unit arrives in the next couple of days. Is there a recommended way to stress test the R4 for heat? What is the acceptable temp range?
If you do a readback, there's a post by Joe Bloggs about the test to determine if your unit has a heating issue. But it's just 15mins and you do it once. Perhaps, you can do the same test 3x daily using different music apps like Apple music, Tidal or Spotify. Take note of the temperatiures for about 5 days if you can. If the unit doesn't heat up quickly and goes beyond 45 deg celsius, then you can breathe a sigh of relief😀 Good luck!

May 21, 2024 at 6:04 PM Post #610 of 877
If you do a readback, there's a post by Joe Bloggs about the test to determine if your unit has a heating issue. But it's just 15mins and you do it once. Perhaps, you can do the same test 3x daily using different music apps like Apple music, Tidal or Spotify. Take note of the temperatiures for about 5 days if you can. If the unit doesn't heat up quickly and goes beyond 45 deg celsius, then you can breathe a sigh of relief😀 Good luck!
Thanks, I'll have to scroll back and find it.

May 21, 2024 at 6:07 PM Post #611 of 877

if you don't open it, copy the link and open it elsewhere, yes the class A gets very hot but mine reached 55 degrees, hiby says it should stay below 45 after 15 minutes... Here it is
One would look for the "quiet-therm-adc" entry in the list of temperatures in Device Info HW.

You would start the test by with the device having more than 30% charge while the USB charger is unplugged. (charge to at least 30% if not)

The "quiet-therm-adc" needs to be below 40 degrees Celsius at the start of the test. Disconnect headphones and let the device rest until this is true, if the device is too hot to start with.

Connect headphones to either 3.5mm or 4.4mm output and start playing music.

*if quiet-therm-adc rises above 45 degrees celsius within 15 min. of this, while the outside environmental temperature is no different from the start, the device may be regarded as defective.

*if quiet-therm-adc does not rise above 45 degrees, or rises above 45 degrees only after more than 15 minutes, the rate of heat generation is considered within normal range and can be effectively dealt with by existing heat dissipation mechanisms.

Thanks, I'll have to scroll back and find it.
Here ya go

May 22, 2024 at 9:06 AM Post #615 of 877
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back