new here, just bought a pair of grado sr80i *PIC*
Nov 5, 2010 at 12:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

minwyn

New Head-Fier
hello fellas, i'm new here and just bought a pair of grado sr80i, i like it, however, it's not very comfortable when worn for a long period of time, at least compared to my sony mdr-v6

do you think it's worth it to spend $45 for the PS/GS1000 ear pads? is it significantly more comfortable? ... kinda expensive for a couple pieces of foam
frown.gif

snapped a pic of my sr80i

Nov 5, 2010 at 1:08 AM Post #2 of 5

Quote:
hello fellas, i'm new here and just bought a pair of grado sr80i, i like it, however, it's not very comfortable when worn for a long period of time, at least compared to my sony mdr-v6

do you think it's worth it to spend $45 for the PS/GS1000 ear pads? is it significantly more comfortable? ... kinda expensive for a couple pieces of foam
frown.gif

Nice cans!
And, definitely...using the gs1000 pads, improves the comfort level dramatically

Nov 5, 2010 at 1:19 AM Post #3 of 5
Though the change in sound is also dramatic I have read. Changing earpads on my ALO-780 I had changed the sound a lot, and that was just material, same shape. Changing to the Jumbo pads would definitely change the sound. I doubt you would like it, as I have read the treble becomes even more distinct. 

Nov 5, 2010 at 4:06 AM Post #5 of 5
How are they uncomfortable? If per chance they seem too tight, just bend the headband to a pressure you like, likewise if they seem too loose. I have a pair of SR60i's, thought the same thing myself until I tightened them up a bit, now they're perfect, though my ears get a little warm sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back