New headphones of Sennheiser, pics (not HD650)
Jan 18, 2004 at 1:09 AM Post #31 of 127
Quote:

Originally posted by bangraman Looks are irrelevant for home use but they do look very comfy.

Guess it depends a bit on your social adventures
wink.gif
, but less important anyway.

Jan 18, 2004 at 1:10 AM Post #32 of 127
Is it just me or is this design flawed. The cans are hinged on one side only increasing the stress at that point if the can is forced to go any way then designed.

They are pretty ugly BTW.

Jan 18, 2004 at 3:15 AM Post #36 of 127
I rubbed my dirty lttle paws on these at CES and they do look pretty trick in person. I could'nt listen,but the only Titanium I could see was that ring around the driver on the 595. I might be wrong. The phones were very light and very comfortable so they might be the ticket for some of you. I have no idea about pricing because I was told Senn is doing it's best to make these phones the same price worldwide,

Jan 18, 2004 at 3:17 AM Post #37 of 127
I don't think these could be "versions" of existing headphones. The housing makes a big sonic difference. The only difference between the 580 and 600 is part of the housing material.
confused.gif

Jan 18, 2004 at 3:21 AM Post #38 of 127
Quote:

Originally posted by Tuberoller
I rubbed my dirty lttle paws on these at CES and they do look pretty trick in person. I could'nt listen,but the only Titanium I could see was that ring around the driver on the 595. I might be wrong. The phones were very light and very comfortable so they might be the ticket for some of you. I have no idea about pricing because I was told Senn is doing it's best to make these phones the same price worldwide,

I've found that a lot of electronic devices that go for the metal look are of course plastic, and that the metal paint looks pretty bad after a few nicks and scratches. Tuberoller, would you say that most of the headphone is plastic, painted to look metallic?

Jan 18, 2004 at 5:07 AM Post #40 of 127
I'm just glad they're moving away from the headband design of the HD590. What a god awful design for comfort. Those look nice and cozy. Sound, well, hopefully better than the HD590 because these I might jump on given their apparent ease to drive with their specs.

Jan 18, 2004 at 5:22 AM Post #42 of 127
Quote:

Originally posted by sTaTIx
Sleek, modern, stylish, and futuristic are words I'd use to describe these new pics. The grill on the first pic looks kinda cheap, but the 'phone still looks okay. I don't even know how anyone could think these cans look ugly. These people need to elaborate more on why they have that opinion and then maybe I'll be able to see where they're coming from.

I dunno how many times I've seen people on the internet do this, especially when insulting something/someone. It's THEY'RE, not there.

I think they're all ugly.

Jan 18, 2004 at 5:40 AM Post #43 of 127
Am I the only person who's more interested in how they sound than how they look?

Jan 18, 2004 at 6:17 AM Post #44 of 127
Quote:

Am I the only person who's more interested in how they sound than how they look?

yes, you're absolutely the only person!

just because you see some people discussing their looks, which is all anyone has right now because they are not released yet, doesn't mean those same people don't care about sound. this website is for discussing and that is what we're doing
biggrin.gif

Jan 18, 2004 at 6:33 AM Post #45 of 127
Yep, the 515, 555 and 595 will eventually replace the "bioneticrap" 500, 570 and 590, respectively. The only thing that the newest 500 line will share with the older "bioneticrap" line is the detachable, single-sided cable that attaches to the left earpiece. But let's hope that the new series falls somewhere in between the dark, muddy presentation of the "bioneticrap" 500 and the overly bright, shrill presentation of the "bioneticrap" 570 and 590, with better mids than any of the "bioneticrap" line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back