New Headphones from Denon: AH-A100
Aug 24, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #31 of 108

Quote:
I am actually a little disappointed that there special edition anniversary can is  probably not even going to be as good as the d7000. I was hoping for more of a statement can from them.

I'm hoping it will be completely different than the house sound. So far they've shown promise by not adding it to the AHD series, changing the design slightly it seems like they're talking about a new pad material-- before they claimed the AHD series was leather padded, they make no note of trying to push leather with this one and the stitching technique has appeared to have changed.

I welcome something new as I've been fan of their headphone designs for a while.

Aug 25, 2010 at 7:12 PM Post #33 of 108
Well I went to their site and everything and was getting really excited.

"Maybe I should buy a pair of those"

But, I forgot to look at the price tag. I did not expect them to be $500.
frown.gif

Aug 25, 2010 at 7:44 PM Post #35 of 108
100th anniversary or not, if they are just a remodeled D1001, then $500 is ridiculous.

Obviously, that isn't the case though. But still, I am interested in how they compare to the D5000.

Aug 26, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #37 of 108

Quote:
100th anniversary or not, if they are just a remodeled D1001, then $500 is ridiculous.

Obviously, that isn't the case though. But still, I am interested in how they compare to the D5000.

Not sure if you're aware of the new D1100 or not, as these just seem like those with some nicer cups and the limited edition number. It is a bit disappointing that we didn't see an Audio-Technica-esque top of the line limited edition model, but its not that surprising considering headphones aren't probably a huge money maker for them, and so they either didn't have the resources, time, or desire to make such a product. Even this one seems like they just took their newest headphone and just did a bit to make it different enough so that could realistically charge people more for them.

Aug 26, 2010 at 5:30 AM Post #38 of 108
May be they are like D2000 and D5000. Their spec are the same:
    * Isolation: -10dB
    * Driver Type: Dynamic
    * Ear Coupler Type: Full-Size
    * Sensitivity: 106dB/mW
    * Impedance @ 1kHz: 25
    * Headphone Type: Full Size
    * Acoustic Seal: Closed

But D5000 has a price that is double the price of D2000. And many prefer the sound of D5000 than D2000 (although a few may think that the sound difference may not justify the price difference).

Aug 26, 2010 at 2:45 PM Post #40 of 108

So far they've shown promise by not adding it to the AHD series, changing the design slightly it seems like they're talking about a new pad material-- before they claimed the AHD series was leather padded, they make no note of trying to push leather with this one and the stitching technique has appeared to have changed.

Previously, Denon only claimed leather pads were on the AH-D7000, not the other models in the AH-D series.

There are other high tech materials now that might be more durable, less expensive, and almost as comfortable as leather, but it's hard to beat genuine animal hide for luxurious feel.

Aug 26, 2010 at 4:01 PM Post #41 of 108

Quote:

Previously, Denon only claimed leather pads were on the AH-D7000, not the other models in the AH-D series.

There are other high tech materials now that might be more durable, less expensive, and almost as comfortable as leather, but it's hard to beat genuine animal hide for luxurious feel.

I believe the D5000 was originally claimed as well.

I definitely agree that it's hard to beat real leather... For example, the Shure SRH840 use synthetic leather and it's really thin, flexible and soft, but because of that, on a hot day it sticks to the skin 10 times worse than leather. My old DT770 Jmoney leather pads and my W10vtg pads are like wearing small leather couch cushions on your head.

Aug 26, 2010 at 4:22 PM Post #42 of 108
Lol, and I recently purchased the D2000! It also happened to me with grado. Bought sr225 and in a few months time the improved version came out XD

Aug 27, 2010 at 4:32 AM Post #45 of 108

Quote:
LOL at people griping that the new Denon headphones aren't expensive enough.

I think the price is just right. It fits within my 600€ monthly Mastercard budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back