new headphones for rap and metal?
Nov 20, 2010 at 2:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

MK47

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I am looking for some new headphones for rap and metal.For rap I listen to eminem,tupac,biggie small,ect.... Well for metal i listen to like death metal,black metal,mathcore,pro metal,post harcore ect... not so often now. and I fancy some dubstep.
I want some closed headphones and I was thinking getting ultrasone HFI 780. Do you  recommend these? what other would you suggest?
Oh and i will be getting an amp as well, it is very likely going to be Headstage Arrow HE.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ULTRASONE-HFI-780-HFI780-CLOSED-BACK-STUDIO-HEADPHONES-/310270608021
Do they look genuine? they are 30 pounds cheaper than the ones in UK.
thanks

Nov 20, 2010 at 5:21 PM Post #2 of 9
Welcome to Head-Fi.

Those are genuine. Here's what leads me to conclude this. The seller took a picture of the actual item for sale in its original box. The seller has thousands of feedbacks and a 100% rating. The listing indicates these are not strictly new - I'm guessing an open box re-sale. Contact the seller directly for details before buying. 

Quote:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ULTRASONE-HFI-780-HFI780-CLOSED-BACK-STUDIO-HEADPHONES-/310270608021
Do they look genuine? 

Nov 21, 2010 at 6:57 AM Post #6 of 9
Rap and Metal, so you want good bass definition and impact without sacrificing the mids for details, used samples, vocals and accentuated beats while also needing the dynamics for Metal?

Maybe you should check out the Shure SRH-series... Otherwise the Sennheiser HD4x8-series are interesting as are many other headphones in the 60 to 100 dollars class. And that is just the start of your many options...

Just so you know, genres of music are interesting but do not tell how you like to hear the low notes or how you prefer to hear your music in general. The first sentence in this post is partly speculation because you are not clear about how you like to hear you music.

Therefore please be clear in how you like to hear your music (in order to enjoy it)... 

Nov 21, 2010 at 7:37 AM Post #7 of 9
Ahhh I am sorry, I am still learning. Well I like good bass but not overwhelming. I alos like the vocals to be forward and not being drown out by the drums and guitar. I don't like the highs being too harsh and tear my ears.I want my music to be fun?

Nov 21, 2010 at 8:00 AM Post #8 of 9
Take it easy...
wink.gif
 From you post I understand you prefer a more 'balanced' presentation: the bass has to be good and defined yet may not drown out the mids and the vocals have to be clear up front while the highs have to be there without being too 'peaky'. 

"I want my music to be fun?" It is about your ears, not mine. If you do not enjoy the music through the headphone for whatever reason the headphone may not suit your preferences.

Do you prefer to hear music in a more detailed way as in that you hear details of how the music was recorded? If not the studio oriented headphones could be too revealing.

Have you checked the Ultrasone HFI 780 reviews/impressions? If it suits your needs from what you read and possibly heard go for it... (Asking questions on devoted threads helps too.)  

In any case good luck and try to let your ears be the judge... 

Nov 21, 2010 at 9:32 AM Post #9 of 9
erm yeah i like details in my music,i love hearding the cymbal in metal.
well I checked and I think they should be good for what I listen but I just want to make sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back