New headphones (£100 budget)
Apr 9, 2013 at 6:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Morbo10

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm buying new headphones but I'm stuck on which ones to get. I listen to Drum and Bass, Dubstep and Hip-Hop, so I'd like some with some good bass. My budget is £100 ($150) and I live in the UK. Also I'll be using them with my PC and Google Nexus 7 if you need to know.

Could you guys recommend me some headphones that match my requirements?

Apr 9, 2013 at 6:35 AM Post #2 of 10
Recommending anything in your pricerange would be zealous of me as I haven't really tried any of the offerings near your price range.
I would however for bass heavy music reccomend the  Denon D2000's , I've owned Denon D5000's before and I've heard they're pretty damn close to them. My D5000's is the best I've heard for d&b, hip-hop, electro/dupstep and the likes. They've got that deep rumblimg bass with craploads of impact that's really beneficial to the genres you listen to.

The D2000's goes for arround 400 $ on ebay and amazon which is a terrible price compared to what you could get them for even last year. As they've been discontinued this is sadly just how it is.

Apr 9, 2013 at 6:52 AM Post #3 of 10
Save up a bit more and look at the ATH M50 by Audio Technica (132 pound on Amazon current for example). For the price it has a fair bass impact, pretty good all rounder, needs no amp if you can't get one, isolates well and is fairly portable. Surely there is a store there that you could audition them at as well.

You can read a billion reviews on them considering their popularity and success.

Apr 9, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #5 of 10
Hello!

If you would like something from Sennheiser, the HD439 is great! Not very bass but we are talking about the quality although quantity do satisfy basshead. Another this is that it's warm! If not the UE6000. Prefer it over the ATH-M50 but that's probably just to me!

Billson :)

Apr 9, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #7 of 10
Apr 10, 2013 at 5:48 AM Post #8 of 10
Ok, so it's between the ATH-M50s or the HD439s. Should I spend double the money on the ATH-M50s or is it not worth it? Or should I maybe go for another Sennheiser that's not the HD439?

Apr 10, 2013 at 6:08 AM Post #9 of 10
You should consider Creative Aurvana Live! as well: well within your budget, fantastic sound for the price, no need to amp & very comfortable (unless you have massive ears :) ). They sound like a 'little brother' to the Denon D2000 mentioned above, and I find them very good for electronic music (I'm not a basshead though, so make of that what you will ...)

Good review here: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/creative-aurvana-live-classic-reincarnate

Apr 10, 2013 at 6:08 AM Post #10 of 10
Ok, so it's between the ATH-M50s or the HD439s. Should I spend double the money on the ATH-M50s or is it not worth it? Or should I maybe go for another Sennheiser that's not the HD439?

I, personally prefer HD439 over ATH-M50. If you want other Sennheiser, maybe you should give HD518 a shot or the HD598

Billson :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back