New Headphone Stand
Mar 2, 2012 at 12:23 AM Post #436 of 546
This is the specific product:
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100387753/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=rubbermaid%20hose&storeId=10051

I found out what they were called, went over to the store, and for a long while I was staring at them thinking "this is a huge hook, I don't want a huge hook", but didn't make the connection that if you flip it over its a headphone stand. :p
I found them at the beginning of the "storage" isle in Home Depot.

Price is a bit under $10 USD. I also found it on Lowe's website as well, but on their site the image is of the old version. I'm not sure if they carry the new or old version, but may be worth a look.

At my store there were only 1 of them, I'll wait until they get back in stock and pick up two more. :D

Mar 2, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #438 of 546
For those worried about finding them in the store this is what I always do. I wright down these two numbers and hand them to the people at the front return desk. They walk me directly to them. 

The two numbers are (Think only the SKU# is needed but just in case):
Model # 1785478
Store SKU # 508491

Also, last time I was there they had only two of them hanging on a display near the end of the isle but I kept searching the isle and found two entire boxes filled with them that were not displayed. There was a backup of everything that was hanging in the Rubbermaid section.

Thats the other trick, they are part of a special rail system made by Rubbermaid, so find the garage storage Rubbermaid stuff and you will find the hose hook.

Mar 2, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #439 of 546
I'd grown rather tired of the bare and industrial looking hose-hook-with-foam look, so I made an attempt to clean up its appearance a bit. Created a foam block with a hollowed out center and wrapped it in some random cloth I had lying around. Still not amazing, but I think it turned out alright.

Mar 2, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #442 of 546

Quote:
Nice Stand. The Headphones look cool to.

Thanks. Oh, and welcome to Head-fi. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah, I also decided to rip off the black rubbery coating actually. The exposed silver matches all of my other gear better.

Mar 2, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #443 of 546
In Australia I believe this hose hook/headphone stand can still be found at Bunnings Warehouse, although for double of the US price at $19.96 AUD. Check it out here: http://www.bunnings.com.au/products_product_hose-hook-5e12_3210.aspx

Mar 3, 2012 at 3:41 AM Post #445 of 546

Quote:
Thanks. Oh, and welcome to Head-fi. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah, I also decided to rip off the black rubbery coating actually. The exposed silver matches all of my other gear better.

Pictures?

Mar 4, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #449 of 546
I was happy with my banana holder stand, but after seeing this thread I had to go to Home Depot and pick up the Rubbermaid hose holder. There actually is a similar Husky brand hose holder. The part that would hold the headphones is both wider and deeper, if that interests anyone, though it is a bit shorter in height. The metal tubing is also not rubber coated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back