New headphone amplifier from Bryston
Jun 5, 2020 at 6:55 AM Post #2,236 of 2,442
Alright bought the bda3! I bought be demo with full warranty from simcoe audio in barrie. Very excited, however the bryston.com/drivers link is dead to get the driver for my windows 7 laptop. Any ideas where I might find said driver?

Jun 5, 2020 at 9:38 AM Post #2,237 of 2,442
Since they're proprietary I doubt you'll find them elsewhere ... That sucks that you spent that much money and have to wait to use the product.

Congrats though... I wish I can afford their current generation digital stuff. I've heard nothing but good things about that DAC and I'm sure it will play extremely well with the BHA-1

Jun 5, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #2,238 of 2,442
Jun 10, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #2,240 of 2,442
i just switched sources from my astell and kern ak270mk2 to my bluesound node 2i. well i guess the astell and kern was holding my amp back by quite a bit. the bluesound is so much louder. now i see what you guys where talking about with the volume and power of the bryston.my blusound is in my main system down stairs and my headphone setup is in my den upstairs. i quess i need to buy another bluesound

I couldn't find any info on the AK270mk2, did you mean the AK70mk2? If so the line out (or volume maxed out) puts out 2V which is standard for most CD players and DACs, therefore wouldn't be holding back any amp.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2020 at 5:25 PM Post #2,241 of 2,442
I couldn't find any info on the AK270mk2, did you mean the AK70mk2? If so the line out (or volume maxed out) puts out 2V which is standard for most CD players and DACs, therefore wouldn't be holding back any amp.
you may have to enable the "line out" setting. It is in the setting menu on the AK. I believe if you use the balanced option (ie the PEF21 cable or equivalent) you actually get 4v. the is the case with the SP 2000 or at least its what is shown on the screen

Jun 10, 2020 at 7:51 PM Post #2,242 of 2,442
you may have to enable the "line out" setting. It is in the setting menu on the AK. I believe if you use the balanced option (ie the PEF21 cable or equivalent) you actually get 4v. the is the case with the SP 2000 or at least its what is shown on the screen

If it's anything like my AK120ll, volume maxed is identical to line out enabled.
Maybe it's different on the AK70ll.
But yeah, 4V would definity not hold back any amp, neither would the 2V unbalanced out which is standard.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2020 at 9:18 AM Post #2,243 of 2,442
Vlach and mthanes thanks for your help, i set the AK70mk2 to line out and much better now volume wise. i would ckrank up the bryston and use the AK70mk2 to control volume. much better using the line out feature and byrstons volume

Jun 12, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #2,244 of 2,442
Still enjoying this amp immensely after owning it for a couple of months now... it's extremely adept at just letting the music breath. I would say it is a tad dry overall due to it being solid state, but you're too distracted by the other things it does right to care. I came from a Woo Audio WA6SE and although that amp was sweet I think the Bryston is better. I also had an Auralic Taurus which was a fantastic amp, but I think a tad behind the Bryston in most facets (this is strictly from memory though). I also love that it gives you the ability to adjust the balance... I lost a tiny bit of hearing in my right ear and the imbalance has always bugged the crap out of me. No more

Jun 23, 2020 at 6:43 AM Post #2,248 of 2,442
11253045.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back