New headphone amplifier from Bryston
Jul 30, 2015 at 8:03 AM Post #1,711 of 2,450
@DDDamian Congrats on your acquisition! Patience pays dividends!
Tell all, in due time.

beerchug.gif
L3000.gif
popcorn.gif

Jul 30, 2015 at 8:41 AM Post #1,712 of 2,450
  @DDDamian Congrats on your acquisition! Patience pays dividends!
Tell all, in due time.

beerchug.gif
L3000.gif
popcorn.gif

Thanks bro! Funny story:

Okay so I get a response to my ad on CAM. We settle on a deal. The guy has no feedback on CAM, and suddenly wary of scammers (before I send some moola into electronic no-where land) I check his IP. It comes up as "unresolved" and one site put it somewhere off the coast of Peru lol.

So I answer back with a "hey, no offense, really, but you mentioned Head-Fi, what's your nick there? Sorry to do this, just making sure you're not a Nigerian scammer".

Well, he blasts me back an email within seconds, showing the amp with some nice Audeze and HD-800 cans, and mentions his Head-Fi nick is none other than (ba dum dum) @ngyu

Along with stating he's not a Nigerian prince with a huge estate that needs a proxy in the West, he mentioned his nick and I recognized it right away from this very site. Authentication confirmed
biggrin.gif

Another strike for the great communities both here on Head-Fi and on CAM.

Sooooooooo.......woot woot! Joining the BHA-1 brethren - can't wait to give this baby a whirl on my HD650s, HD800s and LCD2.2's. I have a feeling I'm in for something special, thanks to all the guys who've paved the way and posted their thoughts here.

And you Maestro! My wallet hates you lmao!
beerchug.gif

Jul 30, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #1,713 of 2,450
@DDD:  That's a bit unsettling, but I'm glad that you resolved it with ngyu. Hopefully, you will get it before too long.
Smart that you're extra cautious on these marts.

Enjoy the amp!

wink_face.gif

Jul 30, 2015 at 9:19 AM Post #1,714 of 2,450
  @DDD:  That's a bit unsettling, but I'm glad that you resolved it with ngyu. Hopefully, you will get it before too long.
Smart that you're extra cautious on these marts.

Enjoy the amp!

wink_face.gif

Can't wait. I'll be able to put those balanced Audeze Black Dragons to use now :wink:

After the BH Mainline build this winter that's it, I'm done lol (famous last words!). Alright, unless @mikoss sells his Zana Deux lol.

Damn I need a bigger desk......

Jul 30, 2015 at 9:20 AM Post #1,715 of 2,450
  Can't wait. I'll be able to put those balanced Audeze Black Dragons to use now :wink:

After the BH Mainline build this winter that's it, I'm done lol (famous last words!). Alright, unless @mikoss sells his Zana Deux lol.

Damn I need a bigger desk......

LOL you know I'm on this thread as well right? Could've just shot me a message here to confirm zero Nigerians were present. :wink: 

Anyway, LOL I didn't even know that about my IP, probably work IP proxy... I work for an American company in Canada, I guess they proxy our internet to la-la land. 

And cheers, got the payment, and I'll be sending the unit out so you receive it when you're back!

Jul 30, 2015 at 9:27 AM Post #1,716 of 2,450
  LOL you know I'm on this thread as well right? Could've just shot me a message here to confirm zero Nigerians were present. :wink: 

Anyway, LOL I didn't even know that about my IP, probably work IP proxy... I work for an American company in Canada, I guess they proxy our internet to la-la land. 

And cheers, got the payment, and I'll be sending the unit out so you receive it when you're back!

You da' man! :wink:

As soon as I saw your nick in the email 'twas good enough for me mate!

She's going to a good home, and thanks man 
beerchug.gif

Jul 30, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #1,717 of 2,450
DDDamian, make sure you don't try to drive two pairs of HPs out of the XLR output jacks on the front panel. No-go.
But you can drive two pairs of HPs out of the SE output (use a Grado Y-cable). I've done it, and....whooooeeee!

Jul 30, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #1,718 of 2,450
DDamian: Get in touch with Mike Pickett at Bryston. I think he can have your BHA's gain adjusted so that the volume knob can be used more fully at L-gain. My original unit was far too sensitive; couldn't go higher than 1030 o'clock on L-gain.

They're in Peterborough, not too far from you. I had my gain adjusted by my dealer here, after contacting Mike to coordinate circuit diagrams with my dealer. Was done in a mere 2 hrs!

Jul 30, 2015 at 10:24 AM Post #1,720 of 2,450
  DDamian: Get in touch with Mike Pickett at Bryston. I think he can have your BHA's gain adjusted so that the volume knob can be used more fully at L-gain. My original unit was far too sensitive; couldn't go higher than 1030 o'clock on L-gain.

They're in Peterborough, not too far from you. I had my gain adjusted by my dealer here, after contacting Mike to coordinate circuit diagrams with my dealer. Was done in a mere 2 hrs!

Guess'm what my friend? The mod has been done on this unit already by Bryston! I have no interest in plugging IEM's into it, but by all accounts here it will still drive my planars well and give more usable range. Win'!!

Jul 30, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #1,721 of 2,450
  Welcome in tha club DDDamina :wink:

Cheers hainss! For background folks, @hainss almost parted with his, but just.......couldn't........

All good my friend, and thanks! Like a smitten kitten I am 
biggrin.gif

Jul 30, 2015 at 10:39 AM Post #1,723 of 2,450

The incentive to part just wasn't there....
very_evil_smiley.gif

Like almost jack-booting down his door and cramming $$$ down his throat wasn't incentive??? Sheeeeeesh you Bryston peeps!

Jul 30, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #1,725 of 2,450
  DDDamian, make sure you don't try to drive two pairs of HPs out of the XLR output jacks on the front panel. No-go.
But you can drive two pairs of HPs out of the SE output (use a Grado Y-cable). I've done it, and....whooooeeee!

Curious as to why shouldn't you try to drive two pairs? I've powered both the HD800 and LCDX at the same time without breaking a sweat. This puppy has 6 discrete amps in it for a reason. 2 for 4pin, 2 for 3pin, and 2 for SE. The SE is the only one that shouldn't be split... FYI, the power is divided between the two HPs, whereas in balanced, the power is not divided. 

I couldn't be wrong, but I'd like to think I'm not :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back