New Head-Fi Update
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #1,576 of 1,792
It often surprises me just how quickly you notice some of the small changes we roll out. :p These weren't "big enough" to warrant their own announcement, but we're working on a post that mentions the recent updates into one big post.

Cool. And yeah, that's what happens when I live on Head-Fi. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: My best friend is a member here too.

Aug 1, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #1,577 of 1,792
Another update we recently rolled out is email notifications for quotes and mentions. Anyone who currently receives alerts for mentions and quotes will start to receive email notifications for them as well. If anyone doesn't want to receive email notifications for these alerts, visit the Alert Preferences page (link) and uncheck the appropriate boxes. If you did not receive alerts for these activities then the experience won't change.

Notifications.png

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #1,579 of 1,792
PMs still only show today's date at the top of each message. You have to look at the small grey text at the bottom of each message to see when it was actually sent.
That's on our list of minor issues to correct, but at the moment we're working on something that many Head-Fi'ers have requested. No spoilers.

Aug 3, 2017 at 1:26 AM Post #1,585 of 1,792
Just discovered this creepy stalker useful and informative tool! :blush:

https://www.head-fi.org/find-new/1600652/profile-posts

Stay on the cutting edge of the latest thoughts of your fellow Head-Fi'ers all the day long! :upside_down:

You don't even need to go to their profiles to like and comment. :cop:

But...there aren't as many updates as I'd expect. :sob:

...Barely anyone uses all these nifty new emoticons, so I guess I'll have to be the one who does it. :innocent:

closed umbrella cat screaming Santa lips...and then...robot ghost :closed_umbrella::scream_cat::santa::lips:...:robot::ghost: (Sorry, I'm bored. Still, I must wonder who comes up with all these images.)

Aug 10, 2017 at 2:57 AM Post #1,586 of 1,792
I don't know whether this is a result of a recent update, or whether there's another issue somewhere else, but for the last few days Head-Fi has been very slow for me. I don't want to send anybody off on the wrong track, but it seemed to coincide with the update that gave us forum navigation on the front page - I can't for sure say though, so this may be a red herring.

Pages load slowly, or more precisely there's a long wait before pages begin to load. Sometimes they just don't load at all. One time I got a "Server Error" page but this only happened once (sorry, can't remember the exact error - not helpful I know)

When mousing over the notifications menu it can take up to 20 seconds for the menu to be displayed.

Inserting quotes as well seems to take a similar amount of time.

This happens across all my devices and regardless of the network I'm connected to.

It's not my connection speed as I get a consistent 500Mbps at work, 1Gbps at home, and even in the worst locations I'm getting 50Mbps via my mobile. So plenty enough for even very content heavy pages, and other websites load fine.

This isn't consistent either. Sometimes it seems back to normal, but later on it's like wading through treacle again.

I'm not complaining as I know there's still a state of flux with Head-Fi's ongoing development, but I thought I might point this out as there may be others experiencing the same thing.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2017 at 4:06 AM Post #1,587 of 1,792
Confirmed, it's been quite slow lately.

Aug 10, 2017 at 9:21 AM Post #1,589 of 1,792
I don't know whether this is a result of a recent update, or whether there's another issue somewhere else, but for the last few days Head-Fi has been very slow for me.
Confirmed, it's been quite slow lately.
Thanks for letting us know. We're looking into it.
Does anyone know how to find the photos in a specific thread?
There is currently no type of thread-wide gallery but it's on our list of planned improvements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back