New Head-Fi Update
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 25, 2017 at 10:43 PM Post #1,561 of 1,792
@AxelCloris
I have my privacy setting set to be invisible. I've started seeing my username at the bottom of thread pages where "Users Who Are Viewing This Thread." I don't think this was the behavior previously.
Also, I can see the blue indicator on my avatar showing that I'm online.
Since my privacy setting is set to invisible, wouldn't it be appropriate, not to show my name under "Users Who Are Viewing This Thread" and not to show the "currently online" indicator?

+1. Noticed this as well. There doesn't seem to be a real invisible feature now; it applies more to profiles.

Jul 25, 2017 at 10:57 PM Post #1,562 of 1,792
@AxelCloris
I have my privacy setting set to be invisible. I've started seeing my username at the bottom of thread pages where "Users Who Are Viewing This Thread." I don't think this was the behavior previously.
Also, I can see the blue indicator on my avatar showing that I'm online.
Since my privacy setting is set to invisible, wouldn't it be appropriate, not to show my name under "Users Who Are Viewing This Thread" and not to show the "currently online" indicator?

You will always be able to see your own online status as well as your name in the "Users viewing this thread" section. The settings only change how others see that information.

Jul 26, 2017 at 4:09 AM Post #1,563 of 1,792
You will always be able to see your own online status as well as your name in the "Users viewing this thread" section. The settings only change how others see that information.
Okay, but that doesn't seem like it's intuitively correct by design, and not how it used to work. I don't need to see an online indicator on my avatar or my username in the "Users Who Are Viewing This Thread" section. I know when I'm online and what thread I'm currently viewing without those. I'd rather see no indicators that I'm online when I go invisible and only see those indicators when I opt not to be invisible. This way, at least I know that feature is working.

Jul 26, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #1,566 of 1,792
@LazyListener - You should be the only one who sees you in those lists and the indicator.
Joe, that may be the case, but how would I know without asking another member if they can "see" me? And how would I know if a site update "breaks" that functionality without again, asking another member? Right now, I can check the show online status and show current activity boxes on or off, and I still see the same behavior - online indicator in my avatar always on, my username always showing in the lists. Ideally, you'd want those online status indicators turned off (for all to see the same thing) when online status and activity options are turned off in privacy settings. And, of course, you'd want those indicators turned on for all to see when their corresponding options in Privacy settings are enabled.

Jul 27, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #1,567 of 1,792
Joe, that may be the case, but how would I know without asking another member if they can "see" me? And how would I know if a site update "breaks" that functionality without again, asking another member? Right now, I can check the show online status and show current activity boxes on or off, and I still see the same behavior - online indicator in my avatar always on, my username always showing in the lists. Ideally, you'd want those online status indicators turned off (for all to see the same thing) when online status and activity options are turned off in privacy settings. And, of course, you'd want those indicators turned on for all to see when their corresponding options in Privacy settings are enabled.

I'll see if there's anything we can do about it, but as the current platform goes, you will always see yourself when online.

Jul 27, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #1,571 of 1,792
Old links from email notifications no longer work...

Can you forward me one of the emails in question, so I can see exactly which links you're referring to? (joe at head-fi dot org)

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Thanks for sending! We'll try to see if we can get that working.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #1,574 of 1,792
I don't keep up with the other threads and don't know if updates are broadcast, but the latest changes I've noticed are a Send PM link at the top of profiles and a better color scheme in the followers section, making the text more visible.

Aug 1, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #1,575 of 1,792
I don't keep up with the other threads and don't know if updates are broadcast, but the latest changes I've noticed are a Send PM link at the top of profiles and a better color scheme in the followers section, making the text more visible.
It often surprises me just how quickly you notice some of the small changes we roll out. :p These weren't "big enough" to warrant their own announcement, but we're working on a post that mentions the recent updates into one big post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back