New Head-Fi Update
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #1,591 of 1,792
Embedding a YouTube link works fine, but some users may find this unpopulated list confusing ("You may embed media from the following sites:" comma, comma, comma, comma... :)

The color must have changed.

text.png

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2017 at 11:49 PM Post #1,597 of 1,792
It would be nice if the reviews could go back (before the transition) to showing the member review as a standalone, than all reviews for a product being on one webpage. It's nice to link to a review that you have written, but not so much when it may not get read if yours is all of the way on the bottom (for example; if you are the first person to post a review of the particular product, and sorting that is implemented by the member reading the reviews have not been set at all). By default, the person that posts their review first will have their review shown last. Those that want to read a review by a member will have to see/read/scroll past all reviews down to the point of the review of the member they originally wanted to read. You can sort the reviews by date, rating, or likes, but the fact is that no matter what, currently, the reviews for that particular product are all shown on one webpage.

If there is a specific link that members can use to isolate their reviews to only their own for each of their products that they review, that would also (or at least alternatively) be awesome.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2017 at 11:57 PM Post #1,598 of 1,792
Aug 14, 2017 at 11:59 PM Post #1,599 of 1,792
Aug 15, 2017 at 12:20 AM Post #1,601 of 1,792
It scrolls down to the exact review, which is what that # part at the end is for. Can't do anything about all the reviews being on one page until they change it.

I was able to scroll to the review not by using 'Reply' as you mentioned, but using 'Edit', since I can not reply to my specific review, I can only 'Edit' or 'Report' - either which I can use to get the specific review number that shows on the highlighted hyperlink. For example, by default, the reviews link for the Massdrop x NuForce EDC In-Ear Monitors is this: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/massdrop-x-nuforce-edc-in-ear-monitors.22506/reviews -- I needed to highlight 'Edit' or 'Report' to obtain the specific review number (in this case 18834) and attach the '#review-18834' to the end of the original review hyperlink in order to automatically scroll to/show my review as shown here: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/massdrop-x-nuforce-edc-in-ear-monitors.22506/reviews#review-18834

As mentioned in the original post, it would be great if the reviews could go back (before the transition) to showing the member review as a standalone, than all reviews for a product being on one webpage.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2017 at 5:38 AM Post #1,602 of 1,792
As mentioned in the original post, it would be great if the reviews could go back (before the transition) to showing the member review as a standalone, than all reviews for a product being on one webpage

I personally would find that very helpful. When this first changed, I accidentally read the wrong review when I clicked on a user's provided link. It was an equally good review but I do agree with what moedawg has said.

Aug 15, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #1,603 of 1,792
Right click on the Date the review was posted to copy the link address, next to the 'Edit' and 'Report' links. Works for me.

Edit: However, I agree with the others... the current review system is tedious to post a review, and tedious to sort through.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #1,604 of 1,792
Thank you all for the feedback. As we've mentioned previously, the current Head Gear section is a functional placeholder until we finish coding a custom review system. Huddler's was extremely intuitive and we're designing a system that's just as easy to use. The new system will take time as we're designing it from scratch. This is also true for the Classified forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back