New Head-Fi Update
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 5, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #1,021 of 1,792
It's in your account settings. You can get there by clicking on the quick navigation menu (three horizontal lines, top left below the banner ad. Left of "home") or by clicking on the left, larger avatar in your profile. I tend to use the quick nav shortcut to get into my settings.

Aha! I never noticed or paid attention to the little lines. Thanks for that!

May 5, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #1,022 of 1,792
i appreciate all the effort to bring the new site back to speed , but the FS threads remain SHOT

also , the feedback on the sellers/buyers is still bad , as you can not see the ads on which they got/gave feedback but you only see 'he was a great seller'

please , get it back as it was

May 5, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #1,023 of 1,792
May 5, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #1,024 of 1,792
We are not actively supporting Dolphin at this time. We are performing our testing with Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Edge.

Firstly, thank you for the response.

Please add Dolphin to your/Head-Fi/developer's list of browsers to actively test and support, since the mobile browsers Safari and Chrome are not as intuitive or exceedingly easy to manage in most all facets as Dolphin. With over 150 million downloads, Dolphin is an amazing browser that I, and a lot of people (150 million downloads) enjoy.

Here's the link for Dolphin:
http://m-en.dolphin.com/download/

Thank you in advance.

May 5, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #1,025 of 1,792
May 5, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #1,026 of 1,792
i meant get the FS as close as possible to how they were , i know that huddler is not available anymore

I was referring specifically to this bit:
(By the way, the Gear FS/T area is one place where a lot of work is also happening with our team now--we know that area needs work, so we're working on it, and it's a job that requires a lot of custom coding on our side.)

May 5, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #1,027 of 1,792
@AxelCloris / anyone else:
When looking at a FS post, how do I send a PM to the seller? I cannot seem to find it in the new platform... :angry:

Thanks.

May 5, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #1,029 of 1,792
Go to their profile, click Information, scroll down, click Start a Private Message.

Is that going to be the "new way" of doing it, or will there eventually be a button on the FS post to send a PM (like in the good old days)?

May 5, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #1,031 of 1,792
Is that going to be the "new way" of doing it, or will there eventually be a button on the FS post to send a PM (like in the good old days)?

That won't be the "new way," but it's how we currently handle it in the interim. There's something in the works that I think will make PMing a seller much easier, but it's not quite done yet. Once our development team gives us the thumbs up we'll push it live for everyone.

Going beyond that, the classified section is an area that we're going to be improving massively as we go forward. Right now it's far from perfect, but it's functional. We're planning a classified system that's superior to the one Huddler used, but it's going to take time to develop.

May 5, 2017 at 10:11 PM Post #1,032 of 1,792
Mm...I don't remember Huddler now. Lol! Anyway, is there a way to detail in the Zenforo platform the trader's feedback specifically the item that was sold or bought? Right now, there's no way of telling whether the item sold or bought is a 99 cent monoprice cable or a 10000 dollar Stax system.

Last edited:
May 6, 2017 at 1:18 AM Post #1,034 of 1,792
That won't be the "new way," but it's how we currently handle it in the interim. There's something in the works that I think will make PMing a seller much easier, but it's not quite done yet. Once our development team gives us the thumbs up we'll push it live for everyone.

Going beyond that, the classified section is an area that we're going to be improving massively as we go forward. Right now it's far from perfect, but it's functional. We're planning a classified system that's superior to the one Huddler used, but it's going to take time to develop.

Sounds very encouraging. Thanks!

May 6, 2017 at 1:26 AM Post #1,035 of 1,792
Are we going to get auto-refresh back on lists? The latest posts, etc. on the home page was nice, especially since the list refreshed asynchronously. Same for subscriptions.. A little AJAX would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back