New Head-Fi Update
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2017 at 10:57 PM Post #992 of 1,792
The Head Gear section is supposed to be for official products sold by manufacturers, not DIY variations of the same product. (If you were talking about creating new pages for specific modifications.)

Yea I know, I'm making a rather poor assumptive statement in the hopes that they'll bump simplifying the review process up the ladder, though @joe it's looking a lot better today than previously!

The issue though, is there are some Official Drivers that exist, that don't have housing, pads and cables assigned to them... Obviously I won't add these... but here's to hoping I can manage searching through the head gear thread a little better

May 4, 2017 at 11:39 PM Post #993 of 1,792
For documentation's sake:

Thanks to the development team/Head-Fi staff for making like, quote and reply work via mobile site on Safari. However:

I am currently not able to post on the mobile browser Dolphin either on desktop or mobile sites, as the textbox/editor is not able to be highlighted to enter information.

First picture is Safari's layout:

IMG_0818.PNG

Second picture is Dolphin's layout (doesn't show button layout and text box isn't selectable).
IMG_0819.PNG

I'll post an update when Dolphin is working with the transitioned Head-Fi, as I'm hopeful it will be working in the future.

May 5, 2017 at 3:25 AM Post #995 of 1,792
I've managed to find workarounds for most things and the mobile fixes have made me happy.

However is there a way any way of seeing most recent updated threads, across the whole forum no matter whether I've posted in or subscribed to them, as I used to like to occasionally browse that way?

May 5, 2017 at 3:50 AM Post #996 of 1,792
@AxelCloris

This thread is great for commenting and getting responses about the change etc., but PLEASE set up a post-by-admins-only thread where y'all can just report on things fixed, changed, etc. It'll be much easier to find short posts there vs trying to keep up with pages of new posts here. You can always post links in that thread back to here where you might give more information. Thanks.

May 5, 2017 at 4:11 AM Post #997 of 1,792
@AxelCloris

This thread is great for commenting and getting responses about the change etc., but PLEASE set up a post-by-admins-only thread where y'all can just report on things fixed, changed, etc. It'll be much easier to find short posts there vs trying to keep up with pages of new posts here. You can always post links in that thread back to here where you might give more information. Thanks.

I second this. It would be a lot of help...

May 5, 2017 at 4:52 AM Post #998 of 1,792
Please implement a useable Search function specific to both threads and categories.

Ironically i couldnt even search this thread to find if someone has posted this suggestion before.... go figure.

Really struggling to see the benefits of this new layout over the older established one, especially with the very poor implementation that this one currently uses.

Also lol @ avatar showing me as "New Head-fier" when I've been on these forums for over 7 years

Last edited:
May 5, 2017 at 4:56 AM Post #999 of 1,792
What have You done head-fi?! The site is now complete rubbish :frowning2:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not just a hater, I just want my favourite forum to be nice to spend time on. Why are going back in terms of functionality? Way back I'm afraid. All the daily used options are now hidden and one need to spend a lot more time to do the same thing.

Does it look polished and modern? I don't think so, it just look cheap and inconsistent.

May 5, 2017 at 4:58 AM Post #1,000 of 1,792
Precisely. It's like they've gone for the generic dumb-it-down to appeal to the masses route akin to windows 10 vs windows 7. This new site really is utter garbage (to put it nicely).

Seems to be a "one step forward, two steps backwards and blow brains out with a shotgun" as the saying goes..

Last edited:
May 5, 2017 at 8:10 AM Post #1,003 of 1,792
Was all the user location info lost? I miss seeing that. Most people had that listed. I find it helpful to know a users general location. I added mine back in but people only see it if they click on my profile. Also the user's gender shows by default. How is that relevant? I do happen to be a woman but I do not appreciate being referred to on a forum as "female." Also, I spent time making my headphone list. I think when we click on a user profile the information tab should be the default. One more thing, the phrase that some people have to describe who they are appears at the bottom of the gear list instead of at the top where it used to be. I think it was called "About Me." I found it interesting and it gave personality to the users and the site. Now, although you can still find it if you look, it appears as too much of an afterthought.

Last edited:
May 5, 2017 at 8:39 AM Post #1,004 of 1,792
hehe surel if your putting your 2000 on your resume, others of us should do the same!

I'm finding that I can add easily to my Show Case, but I'm having a harder time finding existing items to "rate and review" I can rate and review the items I'm adding, but it seems redudant to post 2 reviews :/

I have a ton of modded headphones, so I'll just be adding things for now it seems

At the top of the headgear section there's a special "Search for gear" option which directly takes you to the advanced showcase search. Maybe I haven't had any special cases, but it instantly found what I was looking for or it didn't exist (some new hyped stuff)

May 5, 2017 at 8:46 AM Post #1,005 of 1,792
Precisely. It's like they've gone for the generic dumb-it-down to appeal to the masses route akin to windows 10 vs windows 7. This new site really is utter garbage (to put it nicely).

Seems to be a "one step forward, two steps backwards and blow brains out with a shotgun" as the saying goes..
To be fair, last year as a newbie I was completelly lost in the old site. Everything was restricted, there were things I couldn't undo once done (Like adding the Rock Zircon to my showcase, it's still there :D )
Daily "Why can't I do x? Where's y?" threads emerged in the Help and Suggestion forum.
The new layout seems to be better for new people, though it's obviously harder to switch for long time users.
And like almost every other forum it needs a day or two and the will to look around to find everything once, then it becomes pretty simple to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back