New Head-Fi Update
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 5, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #1,006 of 1,792
On the mobile version can we get back on the main menu the direct link to the "Subscribed threads"?
The navigation is pretty sketchy ...
Thanks,

May 5, 2017 at 10:23 AM Post #1,008 of 1,792
For documentation's sake:

Thanks to the development team/Head-Fi staff for making like, quote and reply work via mobile site on Safari. However:

I am currently not able to post on the mobile browser Dolphin either on desktop or mobile sites, as the textbox/editor is not able to be highlighted to enter information.

I'll post an update when Dolphin is working with the transitioned Head-Fi, as I'm hopeful it will be working in the future.

We are not actively supporting Dolphin at this time. We are performing our testing with Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Edge.

I'm not sure whether this has been mentioned, but i miss
1. being able to check users profile to see their reviews.
2. search for users, keyword etc within a thread

Both have been mentioned. We're currently working on a restructure to how user profiles display information as well as a "search within this thread" tool.

I've managed to find workarounds for most things and the mobile fixes have made me happy.

However is there a way any way of seeing most recent updated threads, across the whole forum no matter whether I've posted in or subscribed to them, as I used to like to occasionally browse that way?

We'll look into this as a possible future feature.

@AxelCloris

This thread is great for commenting and getting responses about the change etc., but PLEASE set up a post-by-admins-only thread where y'all can just report on things fixed, changed, etc. It'll be much easier to find short posts there vs trying to keep up with pages of new posts here. You can always post links in that thread back to here where you might give more information. Thanks.

The admin team will discuss this. I've been making posts regularly in this feedback thread: https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/april-2017-changes-bug-reports-and-feedback-thread.845502/

Please implement a useable Search function specific to both threads and categories.

Ironically i couldnt even search this thread to find if someone has posted this suggestion before.... go figure.

Really struggling to see the benefits of this new layout over the older established one, especially with the very poor implementation that this one currently uses.
What have You done head-fi?! The site is now complete rubbish :frowning2:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not just a hater, I just want my favourite forum to be nice to spend time on. Why are going back in terms of functionality? Way back I'm afraid. All the daily used options are now hidden and one need to spend a lot more time to do the same thing.

Does it look polished and modern? I don't think so, it just look cheap and inconsistent.
Precisely. It's like they've gone for the generic dumb-it-down to appeal to the masses route akin to windows 10 vs windows 7. This new site really is utter garbage (to put it nicely).

Seems to be a "one step forward, two steps backwards and blow brains out with a shotgun" as the saying goes..

https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/new-head-fi-update.845500/page-42#post-13458354

Was all the user location info lost? I miss seeing that. Most people had that listed. I find it helpful to know a users general location. I added mine back in but people only see it if they click on my profile. Also the user's gender shows by default. How is that relevant? I do happen to be a woman but I do not appreciate being referred to on a forum as "female." Also, I spent time making my headphone list. I think when we click on a user profile the information tab should be the default. One more thing, the phrase that some people have to describe who they are appears at the bottom of the gear list instead of at the top where it used to be. I think it was called "About Me." I found it interesting and it gave personality to the users and the site. Now, although you can still find it if you look, it appears as too much of an afterthought.

The user information was not lost, but some of it is not currently displaying in the user profiles. We're still adjusting how that information is displayed, but we'd like to get back to showing the same information on this new platform as we did on Huddler's. Thanks for the feedback, we'll use this while we continue to iron out the profiles.

On the mobile version can we get back on the main menu the direct link to the "Subscribed threads"?
The navigation is pretty sketchy ...
Thanks,

We're currently working on adjusting the mobile design for easier navigation. For now I've bookmarked the subscribed threads page on my phone for quick access, but I agree that there's room for improvement. We're hoping to roll out those changes before long.

May 5, 2017 at 10:58 AM Post #1,009 of 1,792
How large is your screen?

My laptop's screen is only 11.6 inches and I kind of like the new look of the site. (Well...certain aspects, at least.) I have no problem reading everything, and wouldn't want it all to be in bold.

However...using screenshots from old versions of the site and lining them up with a screenshot of the current version, I have confirmed that the default font size in posts is the same; it's just a different font now.

Could you take and share a screenshot of your post? (So I can see whether it looks different than what I see.)

One thing you could try is something like this. (You'll need to look up other tutorials if you're not using Firefox.)

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/font-size-and-zoom-increase-size-of-web-pages

I am not on a computer,
I am using a galaxy note phone.
Here is how the desktop text look on my screen :
Screenshot_2017-05-05-10-18-45.png

And here is how it look in mobile mode with font increased in Google browser settings to 155%..
Screenshot_2017-05-05-10-49-05.png

It better but the quotes are still tiny, but that's OK I guess as it is a quote.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-05-05-10-49-05.png
    Screenshot_2017-05-05-10-49-05.png
    778.1 KB · Views: 0
May 5, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #1,013 of 1,792
I had 40+ reviews on the old headfi forum. One of them had 195 000 views. I now have 4 reviews on showcase. 100s and 100s of hours of work looks to have been lost forever. Please someone tell me that these will be put back on the site

Actually, you've added four items/products to the Head-Gear section. We're looking into how to instead display the number of reviews written.

May 5, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #1,014 of 1,792
I am not on a computer,
I am using a galaxy note phone.
Here is how the desktop text look on my screen :

And here is how it look in mobile mode with font increased in Google browser settings to 155%..

It better but the quotes are still tiny, but that's OK I guess as it is a quote.

Everything looks tiny on phones and tablets, though, because the screens are small. There's nothing out of the ordinary in your screenshots.

May 5, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #1,017 of 1,792
May 5, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #1,018 of 1,792
Last edited:
May 5, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #1,019 of 1,792
Well that link works, but how do you get to it from the site? Am I just missing it? I nave been known to miss some very large and obvious things in the past.

If you go to Account Alerts. There should be a menu at the left. Scroll down to Settings and go to Personal Details. You can edit from there. Explore that whole menu. I agree it is less obvious right now. I am on a desktop PC.

Last edited:
May 5, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #1,020 of 1,792
Well that link works, but how do you get to it from the site? Am I just missing it? I nave been known to miss some very large and obvious things in the past.
*EDIT* Also, loving the new sponsors, lol.

It's in your account settings. You can get there by clicking on the quick navigation menu (three horizontal lines, top left below the banner ad. Left of "home") or by clicking on the left, larger avatar in your profile. I tend to use the quick nav shortcut to get into my settings.

As for the sponsor icons, you must have some type of plugin in your browser that is preventing those elements from loading. I see them on my side without issue.

Sponsors.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back