New Head-Fi Update
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #1,456 of 1,792
That was something exclusive to the Huddler platform. We might look into making recently active threads more visible globally in the future, but at the moment it's not on our list of planned changes.
It was a nice feature that probably boosted posting activity, but not necessary, IMO. It's easy enough to learn to navigate to recent posts, as is typical in most other forum sites.

Jun 2, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #1,457 of 1,792
What are the plans for the feedback system? Is the old feedback data/functionality (such as feedback involving trades and thread links) still there? Is it going to be restored? What about more recent feedback that does not include any links? If you are going to restore the functionality of links in the future, that still does not address feedback left when there was no option to link to a thread.

Jun 2, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #1,458 of 1,792
What are the plans for the feedback system? Is the old feedback data/functionality (such as feedback involving trades and thread links) still there? Is it going to be restored? What about more recent feedback that does not include any links? If you are going to restore the functionality of links in the future, that still does not address feedback left when there was no option to link to a thread.
We are still considering how to implement the feedback system. Once we have an idea how it will function then we can look into how we tie all current feedback into it.

Jun 2, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #1,461 of 1,792
I think this only happens with 3 digit pages. In the below case, the next to last button is just a sliver and the last page button is cut short.
upload_2017-6-2_16-42-30.png

Go back a few pages and you get this
upload_2017-6-2_16-46-33.png

Jun 3, 2017 at 3:21 AM Post #1,463 of 1,792
Screenshot_20170603-151734.png
I'm coming back with the posters' info box comments.
It is much cleaner than weeks ago but I find it to occupy too much space on mobile, for most users you have to scroll twice to see the next message, it makes the reading experience very tiring for me.

Edit : similar with basic chrome (android 6, 1080p display etc)
Screenshot_20170603-152402.png

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2017 at 7:00 AM Post #1,464 of 1,792
Hello, You are planning return thread gallery to the forum? I often searched pictures in the thread gallery, in DIY cables or DIY stands threads is indispensable. I miss it very much.

Jun 3, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #1,465 of 1,792
Frankly, we lost a TON of functionality with this update. Including what seems like the ability to bump a classified posting.

It wasn't an update, it was a forced move to a completely different platform. If Head-Fi had stayed with Wikia/Huddler then it would have been switched off very soon, if not now.

I've been offline-ish for the best part of the last 2 weeks, and coming back either Thursday or yesterday I've noticed the improvements that have happened in that time. In fact for me the forum is pretty much back to full useability within the remit of what I mostly use the forum for, which is interaction with the community.

At which point it like to say: Admins, I'm not kissing your collective butts here, but you're making steady and significant progress, and the site is lightyears ahead of what it was just over a month ago when the switch was made. Nice one.

Jun 3, 2017 at 12:55 PM Post #1,466 of 1,792
I'm coming back with the posters' info box comments.
It is much cleaner than weeks ago but I find it to occupy too much space on mobile, for most users you have to scroll twice to see the next message, it makes the reading experience very tiring for me.

Edit : similar with basic chrome (android 6, 1080p display etc)
I'm currently away from my Android test devices, but once I'm back in town I'll see if I can recreate this. What specific device are you using? That may help me find the cause.

Hello, You are planning return thread gallery to the forum? I often searched pictures in the thread gallery, in DIY cables or DIY stands threads is indispensable. I miss it very much.
We'd like to see something similar to Huddler's thread gallery make an appearance, but it's not part of our development plan at the moment. It is something that we have on our list of future considerations.

Jun 4, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #1,469 of 1,792
We are still considering how to implement the feedback system. Once we have an idea how it will function then we can look into how we tie all current feedback into it.

One of the issues is that all the feedback left after the site change does not include links. So even if all the links from prior feedback are restored, there won't be any links to restore for the more recent feedback. And if the system is made to be like it was—that is, requiring a link to leave feedback—it could complicate matters further.

Perhaps it could be programmed so that future feedback requires a link, but "interim" feedback (between the site change and feedback system restoration) doesn't, while leaving open the possibility of adding a link. (For those who want to update their recent feedback and provide links.)

I also noticed that text color does not show up in previews, but does show when you post.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2017 at 2:10 AM Post #1,470 of 1,792
its been a while since I been here, but i haven't seen the thing that matters the most to me, my cumulative review posts, i depend on that a lot not only for use in this forum but credibility on other forums too

hope to see it soon as now i cant get my past reviews in a single thread form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back