New Head-Fi Update
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 31, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #1,441 of 1,792
Yeah, I know it's a responsive design. Makes it easier to read when I zoom in to 125%. Maybe I'll leave it like this. :straight_ruler:
Yes, in this case they did a rather good job of it. I also like the floating banner, makes it easy to click on its links (like subscribed threads).

May 31, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #1,442 of 1,792
Wondering if anyone else finds the new forums fatiguing to read because the text is soooooo wide on the page? It's almost like watching a tennis game reading from one side of the screen to the other. You see it took me three sentences to fill a single line in the thread. Actually it was four.
I can always add in more ads down the sidebar. That should help resize the width for you. (Gotta remember to add the winky face this time) :wink:

Jun 1, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #1,445 of 1,792
Remember when we were talking about how thread activity has gone down since the update? A few weeks ago I started the most generic thread I could think of to try and make things better...but it's hardly gotten any action so far...

https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/what-are-you-doing-right-now.850254
For me it has a lot to do with notifications. The old platform used to tell you when someone quoted you or mentioned you in a post and this made things much more personal and engaging. Now we just get generic messages about thread updates.

Jun 1, 2017 at 9:37 PM Post #1,446 of 1,792
For me it has a lot to do with notifications. The old platform used to tell you when someone quoted you or mentioned you in a post and this made things much more personal and engaging. Now we just get generic messages about thread updates.

Looks like something needs to be changed in your settings. I get those notifications just fine.

I think another thing that makes threads less active now is that the list of threads with the most recent activity at the bottom of every page is gone.

Jun 1, 2017 at 10:47 PM Post #1,447 of 1,792
Looks like something needs to be changed in your settings. I get those notifications just fine.

I think another thing that makes threads less active now is that the list of threads with the most recent activity at the bottom of every page is gone.
I was referring to email notifications, sorry should have mentioned that. Unless I'm missing something I didn't see any options in the settings but I'm on a mobile at the moment so will check on the laptop later.

Jun 1, 2017 at 11:12 PM Post #1,448 of 1,792
I was referring to email notifications, sorry should have mentioned that. Unless I'm missing something I didn't see any options in the settings but I'm on a mobile at the moment so will check on the laptop later.

Ah, yes, I don't see a way to receive email notifications for those now. I used to rely on them for that as well, but now that it's only on-site in the alerts menu, it's actually easier to manage, at least for me.

Jun 2, 2017 at 1:43 AM Post #1,449 of 1,792
The clickable text under a member's user name in posts to send them a message is gone now, so we're back to either hoping that classified users know how to start PMs (by going to someone's profile, scrolling down, and clicking Start a Private Message, or clicking their user name in a post and starting the PM from the pop-over) or providing a link and instructions. Who knows how many sales have been lost because prospective buyers didn't know how to start a PM and gave up...

Jun 2, 2017 at 7:15 AM Post #1,450 of 1,792
The clickable text under a member's user name in posts to send them a message is gone now, so we're back to either hoping that classified users know how to start PMs (by going to someone's profile, scrolling down, and clicking Start a Private Message, or clicking their user name in a post and starting the PM from the pop-over) or providing a link and instructions. Who knows how many sales have been lost because prospective buyers didn't know how to start a PM and gave up...

There's a message symbol next to your name to send someone a private message.

Jun 2, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #1,452 of 1,792

How about the thread links in the floating banner at the top of the page?

Jun 2, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #1,454 of 1,792
Hey admins, wondering if it will be possible to modify the size of pics in the future? If you upload a pic now they're so large it's disproportionate with the text. But nothing high priority of course, just wondering if that will be possible later on :)

Jun 2, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #1,455 of 1,792
Not the same thing. More effective was when there was an actual list of recent activity when you hit the bottom of the page. Can't tell you how many times that caught my attention and made me post in threads I otherwise wouldn't.
That was something exclusive to the Huddler platform. We might look into making recently active threads more visible globally in the future, but at the moment it's not on our list of planned changes.

Hey admins, wondering if it will be possible to modify the size of pics in the future? If you upload a pic now they're so large it's disproportionate with the text. But nothing high priority of course, just wondering if that will be possible later on :)
We made changes to the image sizing last week and the next day we received complaints that the update had broken images, so we had to roll back that update. We're looking into another way to implement the change that doesn't modify existing images.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back