New Head-Fi Update
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #1,145 of 1,792
Is the head gear section categorised by types? I don't seem to see it but I admit I'm a little less observant than others.

May 9, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #1,146 of 1,792
If the grey post/comment boxes are blending in with the white background your contrast is too high.

We're still working on tweaking the colors and fonts. We wanted to get the new features into everyone's hands sooner rather than later to improve navigation around the site, so we pushed the update as soon as the features themselves were complete. We're zeroing in on the looks.

The main bulk of the mobile website looks great but the homepage is still the older format for some reason which makes it very hard to use without significant zooming.

Also, in the top right where the new message and alert buttons are it would be great to have a subscription button as well which has the number of unread threads like in the old website.

We haven't made any updates to the homepage layout yet. We're working on adjusting it so it fits with the forums, and we're working on a version for mobile users as well. Getting the forum updates implemented was a higher priority for us than changing the look of the home page.

There are subscribed threads and forums buttons in the nav bar, on the left side under the Forums tab. This is also accessible on mobile, though you may need to press the "..." icon on handheld devices to see the option. We're looking into the possibility of adding a counter badge for subscriptions.

New Header.png

I noticed the favicon isn't working for individual threads but seems to be loading on most of the main pages.

We'll look into this.

How do I get to my old list of subscribed to forums/threads?!!!

Please see the screenshot above.

May 9, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #1,149 of 1,792
Likes are nice to give and get. Some content is really enjoyable or informative. Given the mass of posts the opposite is more true, so wouldn't it be realistic and equally useful to add a Dislike button?

I don't foresee us adding a "dislike" button.

May 9, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #1,151 of 1,792
It's nice to have the location, post count and post date statistics back on each post. The location info was particularly useful since it served as a JIT reminder that somebody not from the US might not know what I'm talking about if I've mentioned US-specific stuff in my post.

Amusingly, it also probably puzzled a lot of people when they looked at my location, since even though I've lived in the US my whole life, I've picked up a lot of UK English dialect features that I sprinkle liberally throughout everything I say.

That all said, I had to re-input my location in the account settings. I can't remember if it just didn't transfer over from Huddler, or if I explicitly got rid of it for some reason I've since forgotten. Just FYI to anybody reading, if you want your location to show on your posts, you might have to type it in again.

Last edited:
May 9, 2017 at 1:44 PM Post #1,152 of 1,792
Likes are nice to give and get. Some content is really enjoyable or informative. Given the mass of posts the opposite is more true, so wouldn't it be realistic and equally useful to add a Dislike button?

Man would that get ugly quick, lol.

I'm sure that I (and many others out there) have come across multiple HF posts that annoyed me (them) over the past years. And if there had been a 'Dislike' button, I would probably not have had enough self discipline to not use it :grin:

But I think OldDude04 is right...it could turn ugly / escalate pretty quick that way, giving the thread a negative vibe. Just ignoring that kind of posts is probably the more wise approach.
Reply (in a civilized / respectful way) on a quote is always an option of course, in case you really disagree with something...

Last edited:
May 9, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #1,154 of 1,792
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back